The cage

The cage

A Poem by Kaname :)

The lights flicker on and the curtain reveals the stage with the cage that holds the kid who remains unnamed. 

Come one, come all, to mock the boy in chains that couldn't be saved. 
His name was once engraved but with time has rusted away. 

People say he's in there from the things that made his day. Because he was played, and left broken, battered, and betrayed. 

Look at his scarred hands locked in the restraints,  crooked and bent and with no strength. 

And look at his face where his dark eyes are laid in place, and the mouth that knows a bloody taste. 

Look at him sitting there in wait, of the endless torture of his doomed fate. 

Hang on what's this? A smile on his lips?! How is it possible in a state such as this? 

Wait! Who are they? Walking on the stage! Those who encourage and those who are brave.  

They are here to break the cage and tear away the restraints. With no other power than what they have to say. 

They try and they try but to no avail, so they turn and walk away knowing they have failed. 

But behold look at the boy! He's rising to his feet! His legs shake and he crumbles into heap. Once again he stands but this time he's strong. Unlikely as it be, perhaps fate was wrong. 

The boy opens his mouth and starts to speak, and the cage shakes as if it were weak.  "My time to be free is long overdue! I have tried to break out. But here I still am like an animal in a zoo." 

"I kicked at the door and pulled the chains to no end, until I was too feeble to do it again. But today this cage breaks and these chains will bend, thanks to the strength I got from my friends." 

The chains break with the slightest of ease, and the bars around him fall setting him free.  

All it takes is a friend who's willing to believe, and that encourages you so you also may be free.

© 2022 Kaname :)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

as 'another' failed writer
i fail to understand the need for blowhardyness

i like the form i like the premise i appreciate free verse
you did good very good
jayg HA! what ignorance runeth wild!

Posted 1 Year Ago


Kaname :)

1 Year Ago

I guess it just depends on the person who reads. I'm glad you liked it :)

Thank you :.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 29, 2022
Last Updated on October 29, 2022

Author

Kaname :)
Kaname :)

Norway



About
Just writing for fun 😊💕 more..

Writing