Dead Rose

Dead Rose

A Story by Kaname :)

The rain poured down the turrets and down the dark slopes leading to the main road. It was contagious. The power had gone all over the city, and only tiny candles flickered gently in the windows. It was an exceptionally quiet evening. Almost a little mysterious. It could be the same. I had a lot to do and didn't wanna think anymore about the day right now. The pencil floated across the paper. My brain was flowing with ideas. After two weeks vacation in Hawaii, I had received my inspiration. I picked up the conch that was lying next to me. The summer sounds of rushing waves were still there to be heard.

I was writing a book that was gonna be published in about a month. It wasn't really anything else I was doing on my free time, so I guess I was what most people would call an author. One side turned to five in just minutes. After struggling for about an hour I decided to take a break. A long break. I sat down on the light blue chair by the window, the new picked sunflowers had me recall old memories.

From the past. Along time ago, well it's more like one and a half year ago, but for me it feels like forever. Lucy Angelina Storm. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever met She had beautiful, long hair, red in color that shined as bright as a fire in the sun rays and curls rippling through it, like waves travelling across a calm ocean. She had big blue eyes and a build that was  To me she was perfect. Oh how I missed her. We had something special together. She was everything to me. What really happened to her? The police never found out, but i know she didn't die a natural death when she died. Even thought she didn't bleed or was hurt in any way. I ended up falling asleep on the desk in all my paperwork. My new washed hair was spreading all over the beautiful paperwork i had been working on.

I woke up in a hurry. Not because i had destroyed everything i had done that evening, but of the interrupting sound of my doorbell. It wasn't often someone came visiting me at home, at least not this late. I didn't really have many friends. In fact, I didn't have any friends. I guess it's only tax collectors. I ran over to the door, stod by the mirror for a little to fix my hair.
Money was something I rarely had between my hands nowadays. The stack of bills just got bigger and bigger for every day. I didn't know how I made it thru. It was difficult, at least now that it is just me here in the house. How was I supposed to keep living on writing books? I didn't have any answer to that, but i had been here for five years already anyway.

The doorbell rang again. My puls got higher. It was too dark to see who it was so i opened the door carefully. The light from the car blinded my eyes.
I saw a dark hairy young woman, and an older man who was quite gray hairy. The two dark, a little scary shadows came towards me.

"Good evening. Are you Charlie Storm?" I heard the older man ask.

"Yes." I automatically answered. It was me so why would i hide it?

"May we come inside and have a little talk with you?" asked the young woman. I had no idea of who these people was, but I said yes. We sat down in the living room. It was a long time since i had been sitting here.
I simply didn't have time to it. The last time was about three months ago when Katie, Lucy's sister came to check how i was doing.

I took my glasses on. Now I could see them better. The man was taller than me. Maybe close to 1.90, and a bit chubby in my opinion. The woman seemed to be around 1.65. Her hair was dark and her skin was colored by the sun. She also had marked moves. Eyelashes was long and peaceful chestnut brown eyes. She looked pretty young, maybe around thirty. She was pretty, nicer than most I had met the last year. I noticed women now that it was just me here.

They were both police officers. They asked me a lot of questions about my poor Lucy. The memories got stronger on me. It was so much easier to remember it. Everything became so much more alive and real. We had talked for a little while, and I told them what i had on my heart. I went with them to the police station. The drive was over on few minutes. Suddenly I was there. It was a long time ago, but I still remembered everything very good. It was after Lucy had passed away, and back then I sat drawing nervously on a piece of paper. I was completely out of my mind. The cry was like a snowdrop in the throat. A warm tear ran down my left cheek. I was taken to question again. It was the third time this year.

They had found two other witnesses or possible suspects; her earlier husband, Kenny, and a childhood friend called Harry. Lucy didn't have many friends. Neither did she have anybody who could be called an enemy. Just one person she owed some money to in her earlier life as a drug addict. The relationship with her earlier husband wasn't anything to brag about. He had ADHD and other things. He often threw things on her when he was at his worst. Lucy often told me about him, and how much better she had it with me. When it was just me and her. She said that she felt like a princess with me. How could it end like this? And why did this have to be the end of her life?

Thoughts and feelings were spread all over the room. She seemed so comfortable. She just loved life. I remembered that warm summer night when we danced around in the living room, close to each other. Me, against her bare, lean body. She was barefoot with beautiful, dyed toes in deep purple. She was like a free swan, and just that night I didn't like to see that freedom she showed. At the same time, she was mine. What happened afterwards remains a vacuum. I don't really remember, but i know for sure that there was no alcohol at all. When I woke up, she was laying next to me completely lifeless. She was dead. Was it me? Had anyone been there? We'll never get to know the answer, but I'll probably live with the feeling of guilt the rest of my life. She ment everything to me and I really really loved her with all of my heart and soul.

"I'll always and forever love you my beautiful Lucy. You'll always be in my heart and memory." I whispered out in the night as i went back home to the big empty house.

© 2022 Kaname :)


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

426 Views
Added on October 7, 2017
Last Updated on February 26, 2022

Author

Kaname :)
Kaname :)

Norway



About
Just writing for fun 😊💕 more..

Writing
The cage The cage

A Poem by Kaname :)