Letter 5

Letter 5

A Chapter by Cora
"

your fifth, november 2019

"

November 20, 2019


To you,

You hurt me. You’re still hurting me, a year later.  You broke my heart with meaningless words and looks and kisses. You can’t give me anything except pain. It’s a lesson, what I’ve realized it that I deserve happiness. But saying it means nothing, not when I get drunk or sad or lonely, it’s a mere declaration, something I should believe in. What I want to believe in is love, the look in his eye, his touch, the linger of his hand. But what I have is you. The memory of you hands, your kiss, your broken promises, your lies. How can I move on with so much left unsaid, undone? Suffocating in the past. How can I trust him? Give into him? There is no healing this brokenness. It went unacknowledged, unhealed, unloved for too long. How can I still want you, your attention when I hate you so much? How can I want you in my life when all I want is to forget you? How can I think you’re right when all I want is to want him? How can I need him like I need you? How can I forget you? All I ask is that I can move on, some how this wound can heal, an ugly scar a reminder of who you were. That I can love again, trust again, feel again. That I can give in without sinking into the darkness, without thinking of you. How can you still infect my mind, my heart, my life? How can I be happy again, without you? How can I forgive you? How can I forgive myself? It’s so much more than words but actions and a mindset filled with love and compassion. While I know this, there’s nothing I can do right now, nothing really makes it better. Am I better? How can I be better, for my self? How can I forget you and remember him? How can I forget you and remember me? How can I forget you and remember me? 


How can I forget you and remember me?



© 2019 Cora


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on November 20, 2019
Last Updated on November 20, 2019


Author

Cora
Cora

CA



About
for your eyes only. more..

Writing
Letter 1 Letter 1

A Chapter by Cora


long lost long lost

A Story by Cora