Love

Love

A Poem by Shannon Math
"

Love and its ups and downs. xD

"
Love.
Love can make us blind.
It makes us cry.
It makes us happy.
It's the closest thing we have to magic.
Love performs its miracles.
This is why we tend to search for it everyday.
When we date, we see happiness and sadness.
That's why: Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop.
Love.

© 2010 Shannon Math


Author's Note

Shannon Math
It's amateur-ish. I think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

CRITICISMS

To be honest, I find it a bit generic, but it is also difficult to make love an original emotion after its been written about so many times. Most of the lines you have used are common phrases so it looses some authenticity.

LIKES:

Despite the fact that there are overused phrases, the second to last line would be my favorite because it gives a realistic view on love instead of simply acknowledging the butterflies-in-my-stomach type deal. I also liked how have formatted the poem to the point where it appears as a tree or pyramid. I am aware that it is simply centered for appearance purposes, and I am not sure if you intended to look like a shape.

SUGGESTIONS

Poetry is flawless because it is YOUR emotion and thoughts so do not change them. I would recommend simply writing new poetry on the same theme if you want to improve. I have only given you my honest insight into the poetry, and it is your choice is the reader to agree or disagree. You have an inspiring spirit that is just starting to develop with an exceeding potentiality:D I also hope you found some of my comments helpful.

Ayra Luccan

Posted 13 Years Ago


well, i wouldn't call it amateur, maybe meduim?
but still very good. Description is great, and very easy to relate to.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 1, 2010
Last Updated on December 1, 2010

Author

Shannon Math
Shannon Math

Philadelphia, PA



Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Shannon Math


Hurt Hurt

A Poem by Shannon Math