Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Courtney

     "Good morning Paris!! Its the first day of summer vacation so get up and enjoy the fresh air." Ashley raised up out of bed and turned of the radio. She strected out yawned, then got up and opened the blinds to let the sunlight in. Same old Paris, Arkansas nothing new here. She has lived here almost all her life with her mom. When she was five her dad died in a drunk driving accident. That was over eleven years ago and she would never forget that day. She is sixteen now and was popular, had great grades, and was really pretty. She had long brown hair that was naturally curly which made her hair so pretty. She had round almound eyes to with her looks that made her stand out. She was tall, tan, and lean but also had the curves that all the guys loved. Ashely was just the whole package adn her amazing friend Addie was too. When she looked back out the window she noticed that there was a moving truck parked outside the house next to hers. "Mom did you know that we was gettig new neighbors?" her mother walked in. Ashely moverd out of the window so her mom could look out of it."No I didnt abut I think it would be nice to bake some cookies to welcome them to the neighborhood." as she walked down stairs Ashley took one more look and walked down to help her mom bake the cookies.

*     *     *

     "Come on Ashley the cookies are ready." Mrs.Johnson said as she finished wrapping tin foil over them. "Coming mom" I turned off the tv and put on my shoes while waiting on my mom byt he door. I open the door and we walked across the yard to thier house. Mom ranged the doorbell and a woman answered the door. "Can I help you?" "Hi I am Payten Johnson and this is Ashley" "Hi" I said while waving. "We baked you and your family some cookies to welcome you to the neighborhood" mom handed her the plate of cookies. "Thank you that was so kind of you....Luke honey we have some guests come meet them" he walked up and waved hello. "I'm Karen....Luke why don't you and Ashley go up to your room and hang out?" "Sure mom" he replied while grabbing the plate of cookies from her and laying them on the table. He was hot!!!! He had shaggy brown hair, big blue eyes that any girl would die for, tall, tan, and muscular. I followed him up the stairs to his room. He still had some stuff in boxes but not much was out either. His shelves was filled with football trophies and pictures. On his desk was his laptop and a picture of a man. I walked ove there to look at it. I picked up the picture and asked "Who is this?" pointing to the picture of the man. "Oh thats my dad its the only thing I have left of him." he answered as i set it down. "Oh your parents ar divorced?" he ran his hand through his hair. "Their not my dad died from cancer when i was six" he sat on this bed with his head down and his hands on his knees. I walked over and sat down next to him and placed my handon his "I am sorry I didnt know" he sighed "It's okay its not your fault" "Well your not the only one my dad died when I was five he got hit by a drunk driver." I let out a little sigh. I tried not to cry in front of him but a tear streamed down my face. He looked up at me and saw the tear streaming down my cheek. He placed his hand on my cheek and wiped the tear away. "So..." he said as he put his hand back on his knee. "what grade you in?" "I will ve a junior next year. what about you?" "Same" "Thats cool" I removed my hand from his knee and looked out his bedroom window. "Hey you can see my room from here thats cool" I said opening the window. "Very cool" he agreed. There was a knock on the door and Luke's mom came in "Ashley your mom said she was leaving and she asked me to come get you." "Thank kyou tell i am coming." She walked out the room and shut the door. "Well I guess thats my cue to go." I started to walk out but he stopped me and said "Can I call you later on tonight?" I looked around for a pen. I found one on his desk and wrote down my number on his hand. "Thanks" he replied. I opened his door and walked down the stairs to my mom. She opened the door and walked back home. When I got home I walked up stairs and took a shower wondering when he would call me.

*     *     *

     Luke walked up stairs to his room and logged on to facebook. Nothing was new so he looked to see if Ashley had one when he found her he added her. He sat back in his chair and was thinking to himself. Wow his first day in a new town and he lives next to the most amazing girl ever and he got her number. She was so beautiful with  her long curly brown hair, those almound color eyes, and her tall, tan, curvey body. She was the whole package but why did she not have a boyfriend? He got up and walked over to his window and looked to see what she was doing. She was sitting on her bed reading a book. He could see lots of books on her bookshelve. He saw a basketball uniform too. He got up and walked over to his dad's picture. "Dad I wish you could be here to see her. Mom she is just so amazing...she misses you like crazy and so do I." He picked up the picture and sat down on his bed. He was young but he still remembers him. The last time he saw him was in th hostpital. At this time there was nothing the doctors could do to get rid of the cancer. The last words his dad said to him was "Son I know your going to be great one day but you got to promise me one thing. Take care of your mother for me and that you find the right girl and don't let her go no matter what." he grabbed his hand. "I will daddy I promise." "Good son remember I will always be watching over you." his eyes closed and he breathed his last breathe. Luke started to feel tears srteam down his face he wiped them away and said "I love you I wont let you down."



© 2011 Courtney


Author's Note

Courtney
this isn't done i will keep working on it tomorrow =)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

There were a few grammer mistakes, but over all, I loved it! I LOVE the name Luke, also...C:

Posted 12 Years Ago


great chapter!! I loved the fact that you put BOTH point of views!!! The descriptions were really good!!! I loved it and im excited to read more. Great characterization too. .. youre drawing me into these characters' lives

Posted 12 Years Ago


thank you i will fix those errors when I finsh chapter 2

Posted 12 Years Ago


I liked it :) There's a few little errors, but nothing that major. I enjoyed this read, and am hoping to find out more about this hot guy ;)

Posted 12 Years Ago


oh lol it isnt finshed lol I just didnt want to rewrite it so I saved it =)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I liked the little intro, and am looking forward to more! :D

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
6 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 2, 2011
Last Updated on November 8, 2011


Author

Courtney
Courtney

Searcy, AR



About
Hi I am Courtney all my friends call me corky( I don't know why). I been writing ever since my friend showed me how fun it can be to write and when I write the world doesn't exist only I do. Its like .. more..

Writing
Shh Hannah Shh Hannah

A Story by Courtney


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Courtney