The Ferris Wheel

The Ferris Wheel

A Poem by Amber-The-Panda

Getting On...

The excitement of finally being strapped in. You are holding onto the bars kicking your feet as you go up.

 

Going Up...

You are filled with anticipation. Waiting until you get to the top smiling, laughing and as happy as can be. Then you see you are almost there.

 

Almost There...

You are ready to reach the top. You can't stop smiling. Waiting, you sit there nearly bouncing out of your seat. You have worked hard to get this far and now you are finally here. Then you feel yourself reach the top.

 

At The Top...

You look around and realize that, this is not what you thought it was. You look down at the people and being on top is, well, sort of scary and at the same time dissapointing. All that time of excitement just to be smashed by the feeling of being a coward. Because that is what you are and always have been. Now you see yourself going down.

 

Going Down...

You feel comfort as you start going down. Moving slowly the ride squeaks as you come closer and closer to the ground. You wait for them to reach for you seat belt so you can get off.

 

Getting Off...

They unbuckle you and you practicly jump out. You are now standing looking at all the poeple waiting for thier turn. You want to tell them they will be dissapointed, but you know that they won't listen. You start to walk away.

 

Walking Away...

Walking, remembering the feeling of being a coward. How you waited and went all the way to the top just to be scared. Scared of falling. You soon after that realize you weren't scared of falling you were scared remembering the time you fell and the feeling no one would remember you. You shiver at the thought. You don't think about it anymore as you walk away.

© 2010 Amber-The-Panda


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

my son and i have been on a Ferris Wheel we loved it got scared then loved it lol he was with me he's 10 yrs. old i think he was 8 or 9 at the time Nice work here we loved the Ferris Wheel.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love it. It gives me the feeling of how dissapointing it is at the top. :(
99/100
Smile:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice poem and soothing flow of words. Watch out for the formatting as readers may get bored but that is depending on the readers.

95/100

♥Britt♥

Posted 13 Years Ago


I never did like the ferris wheel lol. This was a great poem. I liked the way you described each step and felling. Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Zoe
this brings back memories of carnivals i went to when i was little.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awww, this poem is amazing. Seriously. Like the metaphor you used, I could have NEVER thought of something like this; you definitely have a gift or something.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

374 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 10, 2010
Last Updated on August 10, 2010

Author

Amber-The-Panda
Amber-The-Panda

MA



About
Hey... * My name is Amber * I'm 14 * I love dinosaurs * I'm a hopeless romantic :] * I'm afraid of the dark :( * I'm a palm reader :D * I have Bieber Fever ;) glitter-graphics.com gl.. more..

Writing
Life Life

A Poem by Amber-The-Panda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by Keevan