Dirt on the ground

Dirt on the ground

A Poem by Charles Phifer

We have already decided that we will let a government that is broken and corrupt rule us without any form of approval from the people who are governed. We have allowed big corporations the same rights as people, when there are human beings without most of these rights. We, as Americans, have allowed the pulsating member to rip through us, but we don’t notice. And if we did we wouldn’t care. So I need to pick a side now. It will be a side that is on the same street. A meek grungy jealous side, a mockery and an embarrassment to what I believe in at 17. I have to mount one of the two heads of the same monster and destroy my country to the point of ash. I wonder how long it will be until I become what I hate. I wonder how long it will be when I am done with all the circling about. All the f*****g around.

Someone told me teenagers are selfish today, and I wanted to write about something other than me. But I did it anyway. Just give me some time, when I’ve lost all I love, I will love what others have lost. And I’ll write about that.

© 2012 Charles Phifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on June 21, 2012
Last Updated on June 21, 2012