Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by craybeast

      Chapter 3 
"Excuse me miss," I heard the nurse knocking on the door. 
   "What is it?" I shouted.
   "You have a visitor Miss Martin." The nurse said timidly. She was fresh out of nursing school and hadn't yet become used to insanity; if she worked here long enough I had no doubt she would. 
I was really not in the mood for company, I had just gotten back from "The room" and it was all I could do to control my emotions; I didn't want to get worked up again. 
"Who is it!" I said in an exasperated tone. 
" Stevie? Umm, it's me." I heard a familiar voice but I couldn't think of who it might be. 
"Who's me," I asked suspiciously.
"It's Mitch silly!" He said.  I was surprised that he was here. He hadn't come to visit since the day I was admitted. I thought he had either forgotten about me or he was avoiding me. I was almost afraid of what he would think of me. Did he decide to "see other people" while I was gone?

"Well, can I come in or do I have to stand out here all day?" He sounded nervous. I was sympathetic for him because of what he must have gone through, I was angry that he had ignored me this whole time, and yet I still felt love for him. Perhaps I was angry at myself for this. My emotions were so jumbled up I didn't know what to think.

"Ohh come in you dunce!" I said, and regretted it immediately. The door opened slowly. I heard it creak and felt him come in. His presence was so frightening and overpowering it started a chain of worries that ran through my head.
What will he think of me? How will he react to the way I look? Am I still good enough? Does he really...
"It's OK Stevie, don't get ahead of yourself," I said. 
"What?" he asked. Great, he heard me talking to myself. I can't believe I just said that out loud! Now I'm really screwed. I guess he saw my embarrassment because his face changed from worry to sympathy. He knowingly excused my mistake.
"It's fine." He said in an overly sympathetic tone. I had heard that tone from so many people. It angered me to hear it from him. I just wanted to be normal again when I was around him.
"So, how's life in this place?" He looked around the room nervouslly, probably just as uncomfortable as I was.
"It's OK." I said. "The food sucks though." This conversation was getting no where. I wondered if we would ever feel the same about each other. I just wanted life to go back to the way it was.
"I have really missed you Stevie. When you were in the coma I stayed with you as long as the nurses would let me. I was so afraid that you wouldn't come back." 
He reached over to me very cautiously and touched my ear. He moved my hair back and held the back of my neck very gently. That is another thing I like about him. He treats me like china... I like that name, china. 
"China" I whispered softly. He didn't seem to notice because he kept going with his story.
"Actually, on the third night I convinced the nurse that I was your brother so they would let me stay with you." He cared for me that much? I didn't know what to say.
"Why would you do that?" I asked. " Why would anyone?"
"Because the whole time I was there was one more moment I got to spend with you." 
That was so sweet! I hoped with all of my heart that I could stay calm for the rest of his visit. I did not wish to scare or disappoint him. He was the only person who I felt actually cared about me. 
"So, how are things back home?" I asked.
"Well they are as normal as can be expected, but why don't we do something more interesting than just talk about home?" I felt the adventure in the air. That was another thing I liked about him, he always had some crazy idea in his head that he was always ready to attempt.
"Really? like what?" 
"Hush crazy girl." He gave me his signature half smile and threw a blindfold over my eyes and tied it securely. "Close your eyes, give me your hand and I will show you" Adventure rushed through my bones as he took my hand. I knew what we were about to do was probably against some rule or regulation of the hospital. 
"Where are you taking me?" I asked. I heard him open one door, then two, then three.I knew that it was not in the Psych ward. 
"Mitch, I am not allowed out this far!" I yelled to him.
" Hey, just trust me OK? Would I ever get you into trouble?" 
"How would I know? I haven't seen you in half a year! Who knows how much you could have changed!" He laughed and continued on. Soon we were outside, I was outside for the first time since they had checked me in. We stopped and he carefully untied my blindfold and revealed a beautiful building. 
  "Tonight, my dear, we dine like kings!" He announced. "No more foul hospital food for my princess!" When we got inside I saw that everything was perfect, but for some reason I felt that something was wrong. 
A young woman who looked to be in her mid 20's walked up to us. 
"Good evening." She said in her soft, kind voice.
 
"You must be the Porter reservation." -Porter is Mitch's last name- 

"We have a table for two right here." 

I did not hear the words she said. Instead I saw her face change slowly into some sort of morphed creature whos' face was black and wrinkly. grease began to drip off her, or It's hair. I was scared but did not say anything. I thought the vision would pass. I heard a dark voice come out of It's mouth that sounded nothing like the waitress's voice.
 
"Get away from him! He is dangerous!" She screamed. 
I gasped but I didn't take these words to heart. I had grown used to the voices trying to tempt me and learned how to control my urges to comply. I clenched Mitch's arm and walked to our table. He spoke but I did not hear him. As I looked up from my menu I saw a catlike creature sitting behind Mitch. My eyes widened but I still said nothing. I did not want to ruin this evening. 
"Stephanie? Are you alright?" Mitch said. I nodded slightly and tried to ignore my visions. In my mind I repeated,
"I am hallucinating.This is not real. Delusions are normal and brought on by my disorder. I must clear my thoughts."
"I'm fine! I promise! Now what shall we order my prince?" I said in my most energetic tone. When I "Empty my mind" I often get really hyper. 
He spoke again but His voice was drowned out by a mixed whispering. I looked again at the catlike animal who was still sitting behind Mitch. 
"This is not right Stevie." The animal spoke with such understanding I could not ignore him anymore.
"You know he does not really love you. He is not really here. IT IS ALL AGAINST YOU! GET OUT! " 
I jumped up and saw that I was surrounded by people like the waitress. An old man stood up with his cane pointed at me, 
"You were warned, missy, you did not listen! Now you must meet your fate!" He said in an outlandish wavering accent. 

"N- no- M-Mitch please get me out of here, I -i can't take this." I said.  Mitch stood up and grabbed my arm but I jerked away. I did not see him for who he really was. In my eyes he was my worst nightmare. My captor. His eyes turned completely black and his grip got tighter. I pulled away and ran as fast as I could. He shouted and chased after me but I outran him. Running was all that was on my mind. Run, get away. Run. run. run.



© 2013 craybeast


Author's Note

craybeast
where should the romance with mitch go? should they break up? get married? what should happen??? I' not very knkowledgable when it comes to that stuff.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on September 29, 2012
Last Updated on March 2, 2013


Author

craybeast
craybeast

AR



About
Hi guys! My name is Katie! I am 14 years old and I like to write books, short stories, poems, and blogs! more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by craybeast


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by craybeast