Broken

Broken

A Story by Courtney Elizabeth
"

Love Conquers All. Do Not Let It Go.

"
A broken girl walks a lonely road, leading straight to Hell.
One day being caught off guard by another little lonely boy just sitting on the roadside.
They look at each other, their eyes meet in Heaven, but their souls are so far away from a  place such as that.
She continues to walk right past him, oblivious to how he felt for that moment in time.
But he turns his head right as she turns back to see if he still has his eyes set on her.
He doesn't.
No longer looking at the beauty he once saw in her, but instead seeing everything that seems to be wrong in the world.

He spots another young girl, headed in the same direction.

There is a small attraction, but nothing that could ever compare to that of what he felt for that broken girl.
She was such a mess, he could tell.
But he loved it.
Her imperfections are what made her perfect, and some day would realize he was a fool to let her out of his sights.
This new girl gave him many of the things that he wanted, but could not fill that whole in his heart quite the way that she had.
He hadn't even known her, yet she knew how to make his heart melt.

She continued to walk though, sick of love and all its cruel intentions, nothing ever seemed to go right for her.
Her legs, so fragile, almost starting to break.
So she decided she needed to take a break from the long walk she was headed on, and sat down on a tattered up bench near a river.
She looked in the water, seeing her reflection.
She saw all the things she once did hate, looking right back at her.
As time went on though, she began to see her true beauty, and didn't know why she had been so blind to it before.
She continued to sit, pondering the topic.

Many months had passed, and she continued sitting in the same spot.
She thought about many wonderful things, especially what that boy had been doing since they crossed paths so long ago.
She could see visions of him with this other girl, but for some reason there was always that sense that he was looking right though her, wanting her to be someone else.

One day when a cool arm did brush against her frail body...she closed her eyes, took a deep breath and looked to see who it was.
It was the boy she has seen before by the roadside.
He pleaded for her to run away with him.
He told her that what had happened before was wrong, and he had never felt so whole, as the time their eyes did meet.
He looked for happiness in so many places, only to discover that he had thrown away the most precious form of happiness one could ever find, love.
Again, he pleaded.
He was in love with this girl, only blinded before by the troubles in life.
Too afraid to admit it to himself.
So he grabbed her hand and said that this was it, they looked in each others eyes once more.
But she was silent.
The girl was speechless.
Unaware of what to say because she did not want to hurt anymore, as much as she did love him, she did not say a word.
She sat down on the bench, only hoping he would do the same.
All this time she waited.
She wanted to see if he would do the same...

 
 
Because little did he know, it was his heart that would set her free from Hell for eternity.
He was her little piece of Heaven in this wretched world.

© 2012 Courtney Elizabeth


Author's Note

Courtney Elizabeth
I wrote this little piece a while back and just found it amongst my things when moving. Love is something you should never let pass you by.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I just read this and well i have to say that you are a very gifted write. i loved reading every minute of this story i cant wait to read more of your your writings. thank you for sharing this inspiring story about never giving up on finding true love.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is such a beautiful and motivational piece, loved the way you wrote and your talented writer with a positive heart. One of your finest work I read so far...looking forward to read more!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Courtney Elizabeth

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much, I do appreciate your words. I honestly haven't been on here in a while; I haven.. read more
A. Amos

10 Years Ago

You're most welcome and always remember your a star writer and the whole world is straving to read y.. read more
You could really craft this idea into a lovely poem....I often write snippets like this, leave them for a time, come back, and turn them into poetry. I think you have a lot to share and look forward to future work. There is a simple delicate, fragile, and dark undertone to what you do. I'd love to see you push this farther.

CM.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh if I only had my life to live over again. This wouldn't be my story.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
4 Reviews
Added on December 16, 2012
Last Updated on December 16, 2012

Author

Courtney Elizabeth
Courtney Elizabeth

Chicago, IL



About
A few years ago someone said to me: "Depression is an illness. A downward spiral of every emotion intensified because of a heavy broken soul. Restless thoughts (also memories) that hunt the mind and.. more..

Writing