Ma

Ma

A Poem by CRZ

I remember when my mother would scratch my back 
as I would watch television

Who would of thought after 4 years , she would no 
longer be in my vision

I.

The times I would kiss her goodbye before heading out
to school

One year away from her and her absence 
hit me at minuscule

II.

I can't front a.k.a. I can't lie 

When thinking about family, I just close my eyes 
and take a deep sigh 

III. 

Cause like what I can I do? , the situation is
far too complex 

Holidays , sick days , birthdays 
no calls no text

IV.

I've always kept my business on the low
kept it very discreet

But the vacancy of a needed one slowly started 
to creep  

V.

The word stable and family , I've never used in a sentence before
Until now

If you only knew 10 % of my story , one word you'll use to summarize it all would be 
wow 

VI. 

So mother if you ever learn English and you decide to 
read this

Just know you have three sons that I know deep inside you that 
you miss

VII.

So I hope this poem , these words, this agony can change my family 
and maybe the relationship can convert

because time after time , we all know we're hurt 

done

But the saying of keep your head , I'm living up to it.
Take me as an epitome

God knows what he's doing therefore I don't need
no f*****g sympathy 

© 2013 CRZ


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have an estranged relationship with my Mother. One that I have had to come to terms with as an adult. I have done what is right for myself. I have hit "done" and I too have hope of a one day when my words will be heard, when I will be understood. Or so this bittersweet poem spoke to me. Great write!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I was blessed to have a wonderful mother who always put us first. I know others didn't have the same experience. On the other hand my father and I have struggled through the years. He has by his own choice not participated in my life for much of the past years. I don't want anyone's sympathy because of that...it is what it is. Though I bear the scars of it in many ways. Poignant poem!

Posted 10 Years Ago


I feel like i can relate, i don't talk to my mother anymore, but when i read this, it gave me a flashback to all the memories i did have with her...Love this, keep writing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


My mother passed away when I was 7 years old, what I wouldn't do to have her back. to have her let me take a nap on her lap, to have her rub her thumb on my eye brows when I'm sick. to hear the words "I LOVE YOU" one more time. I miss my mom deeply, she is the reason I write poetry-stories and such. I will keep her memory alive, I will always love her, and I know I will see her again someday. A very touching poem. It flooded me with memories, ones that I will never let get washed away. Thank You for the Images that will never go dim with age. THANK-YOU!

Posted 10 Years Ago


CRZ

10 Years Ago

Its very sad what life makes us go through. Thank you for sharing a little segment about your mom. M.. read more
vision, is it diciplanary or circumstantial? I wonder.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is beautifully written, though bittersweet and sad beyond words, and I send you my deepest wishes for your best in the future.

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
BL
Very powerful - Original layout - Quite sad overall - Like the two line Stanzas

Posted 10 Years Ago


Such a sorrow filled piece...you may not need sympathy, but these words call for a quiet moment, a bowed head and remembrance. This reminds me of my grandmother...I recently wrote a piece about her wedding band, and it's the same feeling. There is loss, there is disconnection, but there is also that straight shouldered, head upright resilience that makes humans beings so beautifully strong. Well done and very touching.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is a sad poem and though you have said you dont need any sympathy, I feel you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lot of angst in this piece. I recognize a lot of the feelings though, especially since they are targeted at the matriarch of the family and my mother died when I was 8. You expressed you point very well. In fact, this was one of your more well written pieces. Great job.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This thing hit me right between the eyes. I am the mom of two males. One just moved out and its been difficult - because I'm done and I don't get a chance to amend any thing that I may have done wrong. He's 'Grown' - and I pray I did well for him.
Then there's this: My parents divorced and my mom dropped a bomb on me when i was an adult - I now don't know if my biological father is the man who raised me and who is now deceased, or her second husband with whom I have a minimal relationship. It is SO hard when families don't work the way they are supposed to. SO hard.

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

830 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 2, 2013
Last Updated on May 27, 2013

Author

CRZ
CRZ

New York, NY



About
Poet & Artist Thou shall not rest until I make my whole fam rich more..

Writing
next stop next stop

A Poem by CRZ



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Granny Granny

A Poem by Tate Morgan