That One Thing

That One Thing

A Poem by CRZ

Is that one thing ...

Makes me feel alright when the sun rises
and when the night arrives. There is a dawn
in me that's never gone.

Is that one thing ...

Makes me think in a different perspective.
I put myself in the other man shoes with 
my own socks.
This mixture produces the truth.
Mind constantly growing yet heart stays with youth.

Is that one thing ...
Keeps this person
on a strive 
a spontaneous drive

For that one thing ...

© 2013 CRZ


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Seems that you have a plan that works for you and you are riding a wave with your name on it! Hang 10 and keep writing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


"I put myself in the other man shoes with /my own socks." Personally my favorite line of the piece because it expresses that ideal of thinking how the other person feels but by adding while in your own socks you are saying you are also remembering your own life and experiences. Not becoming lost in seeing it in only one way, but both.
"Mind constantly growing yet heart stays with youth." Should be with the youth unless you meant it to be that way but I don't think you did because it doesn't fit the 10 syllable style you have going for the longer lines.rt of yourself into it, hint at the source behind your drive to reach whatever goal it is that you have.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Nice, but I have a random question: Is your picture from a One D thing?

Posted 10 Years Ago


"I put myself in the other man shoes with
my own socks."
My favorite lines and by the looks of it, a lot of other people's favorites. Beautifully written, it flows very well, and really grabs my attention.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I put myself in the other man shoes with
my own socks.
This mixture produces the truth.

very nice heartfelt write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Reminded me of the song 'One Thing' by One Direction (AVID directioner here: P)

Posted 10 Years Ago


I loved this,

"I put myself in the other man shoes with
my own socks."

:D

Posted 10 Years Ago


Great rhythm and meaning that you have conveyed with a few carefully selected words!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Interesting rhyme scheme here J. The topic is universal too, giving thoughts to the reader about what makes us tick, what drives us, what produces truth.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like the socks and shoes like, that was very creative. Is that one thing...this feels very rough to me. Should it be "Here's that one thing... that makes me" Just a suggestion.
Bust over all I really like what you're saying here. It's fresh content with a lot of soul. Great job!

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

434 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 27, 2013
Last Updated on June 6, 2013

Author

CRZ
CRZ

New York, NY



About
Poet & Artist Thou shall not rest until I make my whole fam rich more..

Writing
next stop next stop

A Poem by CRZ



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Would You? Would You?

A Poem by SyberRose