Object

Object

A Poem by CRZ

Look look, It's my right hand.
there's this boy I know. Was raised in the same environment as me
We lived by the word , hang out around the curb and do stuff that
at the time was oh so absurd
We would play with pokemon cards and laugh 
now is all about
how many hoes & how many cars, one have.
I mean, I'm only seventeen. I'm not caught up in the street life.
But the boy was on the yellow and ran past that green life.
He wasn't ready
For the "responsibility" a young urban kid has to go through.
After all he's just a kid. Hasn't had the time to let his mind
marinate. But the streets and the beat to his way of thinking 
are linked together as if it was the marriage.
Andddd the Priest for the marriage 
in this instance is the cororner or prosecutor
I just happen to speak my peace. Cause our brotherhood I respect but my honor 
                                      I object... 

© 2013 CRZ


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I find that the message that is given here is incredible. There are two teenagers who have grown up in the same place. They were friends at one point, but have fallen into different places later. I love how it emphasizes that not everything is up to childhood misfortune. Neither home situation is mentioned. It's entirely the choices of the two teens. I love this.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

As my avatar would suggest, it's hard for me to dislike a piece that references Pokemon :P Seriously though, this is a thoughtful and well-written commentary...nicely done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


nature vs nurture vs society.....it is the same old story, you just mix it up very well. awesome write!

Posted 10 Years Ago


A truly incredible piece on choices and how they affect the rest our lives. This was brilliant and I enjoyed the voice in which it was written. I can hear this young man in my head. Great job!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Nicely done...life is full of choices....and you have to move on...Rose:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


wonderful!!!! Two friends part ways because one gets caught up in the street life while the urban kid has a sense of responsibility.Very well written.I enjoyed reading this poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Reality is harsh. This piece is wonderfully written.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Very cool my friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


So troublesome some paths in life certain young people choose to take.....excellent write...you say it with much truth

Posted 10 Years Ago


I'm a great fan CRZ, another good write.
Will

Posted 10 Years Ago


Interesting write on the different paths that veer and converge between friends and how urban life can offer up a lot of glamour or a lot of struggle and how it's only the strong who survive. I noticed a couple of grammatical errors, but I'm thinking English isn't necessarily your first language. I could be wrong, but I think you could clean it up and make it a really strong poem to be proud of.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

452 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 17, 2013
Last Updated on June 17, 2013

Author

CRZ
CRZ

New York, NY



About
Poet & Artist Thou shall not rest until I make my whole fam rich more..

Writing
next stop next stop

A Poem by CRZ



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..