A NYC Min.

A NYC Min.

A Poem by CRZ

A New York minute. Equivalent to 30 seconds in California due to the herbal essences roaming on top atmospheric smiles. Same as 15 seconds in Florida caused by Disneyland and hard labor for oranges. And unfortunately 10 seconds in North Korea with its poverty and famine eating its people alive. 10 New York minutes have just gone by after reading this paragraph.

            This world is already a dog fighting for a loose bone based one but over here is where Michael Vick dogs rest. Whether it’s waiting on line for breakfast, cramming like a college student who decided to wake up 24 hours before its terminal test. But instead of stuffing brain into textbooks, stuffs the brain and body into a subway train. Now a rush hour to and from work are a couple minutes anywhere else.

            I've encountered a lot of people who weren't born in New York say New York is the capital of the world. At first I didn't even understand the meaning behind those heavily accented words. But there is truth in that sentence.

            The whole world is changing or aspires to be an industrial one, New York is the epitome of advancements. In order to be ahead, evolving is the main ingredient. Technology, prices, and people transform every day; it’s good to always improve but at this point is out of hand. Try so hard to do well, you actually do bad.  Everyone rushing. On their phone, tablet, to their appointments, microwave food.

            A new iPhone springs more fascination than the sun setting. New uggs that everybody is impatiently whining on line for is cooler than the snow beneath their feet. A home cook meal appears frumpish compared to a bagel and coffee.  Cold weather here adds another layer to our persona. I’m not a fan of the cold and I hate when my fingers turn numb so I breeze through the winds searching for warmth.

            I know there’s “jobs” over here but most people don’t even want to be here.

            Is funny, the rest of the world wants to come here or forced because their homeland doesn't provide much but for what? 

© 2014 CRZ


Author's Note

CRZ
swooosh

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very interesting first stanza. I'd play around with line breaks more though. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


moved to NYC 4 years ago and to be blunt, I HATE THE NY MINUTE!!!!.. the epitomy of self-centered, self-serving, just plain selfishness... the product of a rotting and rotten culture that then clains to be the best of all possible worlds, as the US lives and feeds off the vast majority of humanity. I do not blame the people who get caught up in all this, but rather the system that lives off and promotes this me-firstism and then turns everything into the almighty dollar. Case in point: our cell phiones have been paid for in the blood of 5 million men women and children in the Congo, as civil wars backed by different imperialist powers over contolling the mineral rights that make up our cell phones, ipads, and play stations... with each line of your poem, I could feel the blood seeping out of the lives of people, with each horn honk, I could see the bloated bellies of starvation in children around the world, with each NY minute, I saw how twisted our lives have become until we do all we can to make it right... Thanks for your poem CRZ. ~~redzone

Posted 10 Years Ago


When I visited New York I made it a point to catch a play on Broadway and then to stand in Times square. It's still the way I relate to New York today. Nice.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This was very interesting to me.Time has changed people are so busy all the time.Their faces stuck on their phones that they barely notice life passing them by,This is the age of technology and everyone is busy,busy,busy,I really liked this piece CRZ:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


you are right today is day of technology iphone is bigger issue than sunshine. but hopefully this will change and we will live in that world .

Posted 10 Years Ago


Nice write, from a city that is well liked and admired by many. Simply read this.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Nice... Being from a stones throw across the river, I know that world. I MISS that world. Never take for granted the opportunities and the unique qualities THAT world has to offer. A taste of everything IS New York. When you move away and travel more you gain an appreciation for it and go seeking a cabbie that knows exactly where a good slice is at 4 a.m. when your a student cramming for finals or you've long left class and are preparing briefs and motions. Or the anonymity of being able to walk a street with 200,000 others and be still, alone in a thought. Loved your piece.

Posted 10 Years Ago


A reasonable and sensible argument!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rant worth reading, and reflecting on.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1182 Views
35 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 11, 2014
Last Updated on January 11, 2014

Author

CRZ
CRZ

New York, NY



About
Poet & Artist Thou shall not rest until I make my whole fam rich more..

Writing
next stop next stop

A Poem by CRZ



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Spring Spring

A Poem by CRZ


Distance Distance

A Poem by A. Amos