next stop

next stop

A Poem by CRZ
"

written on a NYC train

"
The trains are very interesting. Everybody who enters the moving metal box brings their own stories and you can read a few pages by looking into their eyes. Each ride to work, meeting up with their friend or to home is a different type of pace. If you sleep on the train, your physical frame experiences how your mind dreams when the snoring commences; all over the place.
As a kid, the colorful lights hugging the trains illuminating the trains through them dark tunnels used to have me in awe. I didn't need an amusement park to be entertained. 
Ever took the train at 3 in the morning? 
You can impregnate your girl and witness the child's 3rd birthday before you can get to the 4th stop towards home.
If we would realize how deep we're inside mother earth
How about the less fortunate who enter the depths of mother nature asking for what man has made out of mother nature.That's like hugging your mother asking her where is mommy.
The train consists of strangers who optically unite to condemn someone that society would announce as weird or dumb. Let's not forget the angle our eyes take when the train commences to transport which is straight down to the phones. And a type of phone you have gives you a false sense of merit. It's considered a threat if eyes are laid on you instead on their phones or the phloor. 
Your intention when talking to new people is not to advance yourself but the things you can learn by talking to others in the train is quite surprising. If everybody's stories mesh on the daily it will culminate to an advanced culture. There will be more understanding amongst others and the discovery of the lies people firmly believe and fight for. It teaches kids instead of looking at people, keeping quiet and eventually start to judge and compare from within they will ask questions and embrace the many differences we share. 

I guess I'm on a enlightenment tangent but this is my train of thought. 
The thing about love and learning is that there is no last stop.

© 2014 CRZ


Author's Note

CRZ
hi

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the story, it's very intriguing. Keep writing, you're so brilliant at it!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Hi to you to. I am felt by these words"It's considered a threat if eyes are laid on you instead on their phones or the phloor. " "It teaches kids instead of looking at people, keeping quiet and eventually start to judge and compare from within they will ask questions and embrace the many differences we share. " These words are true and in today`s society , that`s exactly how it is. Great write.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I had a hard time wrapping my head around this, public transit is something I use rarely, and I am so bust then watching for the correct stop, that I don't have time to get philosophical about it. I will admit there is some great people watching to be had though.
I am like Einstein Noodle in how this felt to me, it changed.

Posted 9 Years Ago


A brilliant reference to mother and mother nature. Exceptional ...

Posted 9 Years Ago


your beginning is strong says i .. but you seem to have lost the short story quality and gone into ... well ... editorializing ... perhaps that is what you wanted to accomplish .... but i think you can make more of a story out of this while still making your points .. i think what you say is true we do forget the Earth and all its beauty, power etc. ... we do judge one another .. the train is a perfect setting for all kinds of social comment ...
E.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Like this a lot, a finely written look at the silence and speechlessness of people forced together by chance, scared of eye conflict or violence, a human freight...excellent.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Normally i don't like stories to read, instead i love poems more. but by this read i am surprised by the write. its truly amazing and the way you explore the things that i never read before.

How about the less fortunate who enter the depths of mother nature asking for what man has made out of mother nature... here will be more understanding amongst others and the discovery of the lies people firmly believe and fight for. It teaches kids instead of looking at people,....

i love to copy paste few lines that are more good. but in your writing i dont know which one to skip .. through out very captive. each line is much exploring with great thought. Very well done :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


never stop writing, it will serve you well

Posted 9 Years Ago


Interesting observations, written in a very frenetic way to engage the reader. I am pretty sure you meant floor not Phloor, or is that intended to be a play on phone?

Posted 9 Years Ago


loved this story reminds me of my first train ride and my first bus trip by my self

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1722 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 11, 2014
Last Updated on July 11, 2014

Author

CRZ
CRZ

New York, NY



About
Poet & Artist Thou shall not rest until I make my whole fam rich more..

Writing
LIVE LIVE

A Poem by CRZ



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Moments Moments

A Poem by MsJewel