Twins

Twins

A Chapter by csprohar

In the mystical town of Taer Nardin, where magic flowed through the air and adventures lurked around every corner, Theodin and Necrona welcomed their precious twins Kawn and Melian into the world. The siblings were inseparable and spent their days exploring the enchanted forests, swimming in the crystal-clear lakes, and chasing after the radiant butterflies that fluttered around them. One day, while playing hide-and-seek, Kawn and Melian stumbled upon a small goblin child named Degeb. They took the goblin child under their wing, and soon learned that he was the new goblin king.
They would become great friends over the next few years. They were always careful when going to meet their friend. The townsfolk were terrified of the goblins, fearing that they would steal their children and wreak havoc upon their peaceful lives.
The sun was setting as Kawn and Melian ran through the forest with their friend Degeb. They laughed and played, chasing each other through the trees. As they played, a citizen of Taer Nardin spotted them and hurried to tell their parents. The children were confused when their parents arrived, mistrustful and stern.
Stop playing with the goblin, said Theodin, he is dangerous and has no place among humans. But Kawn and Melian refused to leave their friend's side, knowing deep down that Degeb was not like the other goblins in the tales they had been told.
Degeb is not like other goblins Father retaliated Kawn. He is our friend and has not taken anyone from our town.
Lies! interjected Mark, They took my son John and little Katherine from next door just the other day! I say we kill him right here, right now! Citizens started to congregate around the trio as they came to investigate the commotion. The tension in town grew as more and more citizens demanded that Degeb be killed. Theodin stepped in to intervene.
People Please! We cannot and will not execute Degeb simply because he is a goblin and wild speculation that he is responsible for the kidnappings. said Theodin.
I am afraid I agree with the citizens on this one Theodin. The only good goblin is a dead one. said the chieftain of the town. 
He should be given a chance to prove his innocence, Theodin thundered.
I will prove that my goblins and I are not the culprits here, shouted Degeb.
And if you cannot? stated the chieftain.
Then I will turn myself over to you said Degeb.
Agreed! The Cheiftan of Taer Nardin said, but you only have one week to prove that your goblins are not taking children from the town. Degeb was determined to clear his name and prove his worth to the town, so he set out on a mission to uncover the truth. Kawn and Melian saw something different in his eyes, and they knew they had to help him.













With their loyal hearts and quick wits, Kawn and Melian helped Degeb on a quest to win the hearts of the townsfolk and earn their trust. They uncovered the truth about who was stealing the children and found a way to rescue them with the help of the goblins. Kawn fought valiantly, but he was fatally wounded in the battle. As Melian and Degeb watched Kawn's life slowly slip away, they knew they had to do something. Desperate to save him, Melian remembered the legend of the Crystal of Mandos. This mystical crystal was said to have the power to heal even the gravest of wounds, but it was guarded by a fierce dragon. Melian and Degeb set out on a perilous journey to find the crystal, defeat the dragon, and save Kawn's life.
After facing countless trials and tribulations, they finally reached the crystal. Melian bravely distracted the dragon, while Degeb retrieved the crystal and brought it back to Kawn. With a burst of magic, the crystal's healing powers flowed through Kawn's body, bringing him back to life. As Kawn opened his eyes, he saw his sister and his newfound friend, the goblin king, standing over him. The townsfolk watched in amazement as the goblins helped save their children and heal Kawn's wounds. From that day on, a newfound peace and understanding between the town and the goblins bloomed. Kawn and Melian knew that they had found something special in their friendship with Degeb, and they couldn't wait to discover what new adventures lay ahead.


The sun was beginning to set in the mystical town of Taer Nardin, casting an eerie orange glow across the landscape. Kawn and Melian had been playing hide-and-seek in the enchanted forest all day and were exhausted by the time they stumbled upon a small goblin child named Degeb. They knew that goblins were feared by their townsfolk, but they couldn’t help but feel drawn to this new friend. Kawn and Melian took Degeb under their wing and spent every day after exploring the woods together, learning more about each other with each passing moment. They delighted in chasing shiny butterflies around and swimming in crystal clear lakes. All too soon however, their happy days came to an abrupt halt when a citizen of Taer Nardin spotted them with Degeb in tow and hurried back to tell Theodin and Necrona, Kawn and Melian’s parents. When Theodin arrived he was stern, ordering his children away from the goblin child before any harm could come of it. “Stop playing with the goblin!” he commanded “He is dangerous and has no place among humans!” The children refused to leave Degeb behind, arguing that he was unlike other goblins in the tales they had heard told. Mark, another citizen of Taer Nardin interjected shouting “Lies! They took my son John and little Katherine from next door just the other day! I say we kill him right here right now!” A crowd began to form around them as citizens heard what was said demanding justice for those kidnapped children. The chieftain stepped forward pointing an accusing finger at Degeb saying “The only good goblin is a dead one!” The tension rose with everyone ready to take action then suddenly Theodin stepped forward exclaiming “People please! We cannot execute Degeb simply because he is a goblin based on wild speculation that he is responsible for these kidnappings” With no other choice left open to him Degeb offered himself up as proof of his innocence stating that if he couldn’t prove his goblins were not responsible then he would turn himself over willingly as punishment. Impressed by his courage, The Chieftan agreed; giving him one week to uncover whatever truth lay hidden beneath this mystery kidnapping or face whatever consequences awaited him afterwards if found guilty. Kawn and Melian could see something different flash in their friend's eyes then -" determination -" so without question they vowed to stand by him during this dark hour promising themselves that they would do everything within their power to help bring justice for both themselves and all of Taer Nardin before this week was through. Determinedly they set off together into the night searching for answers that lay ahead…

 Kawn and Melian resolved to join Degeb on his quest, eager to prove that he and his goblins were not behind the kidnappings. The three of them set out into the night, traveling deep into the forest in search of clues.

Their journey was long and difficult, but Kawn and Melian stuck close by Degeb's side, encouraging him every step of the way. After days of searching they had come no closer to discovering who or what was responsible for taking the children from Taer Nardin. 

Then one night while camping in a clearing near a lake, Degeb noticed something strange off in the darkness. He rose from his bedroll and cautiously began making his way towards it. Kawn and Melian followed at a distance as he ventured deeper into the shadows. 

Suddenly there was a loud cracking sound as Degeb stepped on a twig, alerting whatever had been lurking in the dark. Two glowing eyes peered out at them from beyond the trees, sending shivers down their spines. Whatever it was seemed to be getting closer! 

The trio froze with fear as an enormous creature emerged from the shadows: a giant spider with eight legs gleaming like steel claws! Kawn and Melian gasped in horror as they realized this must be what had been kidnapping all of Taer Nardin’s children! 

The beast lashed out at them with its razor-sharp fangs bared, ready to strike! But before any of them could make a move Kawn leaped forward; drawing upon some unknown power within himself he cast a spell that sent an electric shockwave through its body! The spider crumpled to the ground unable to move! Kawn slumped to the ground. He had a puncture wound from one of the spider's fangs and the venom was delivered.

As Melian and Degeb watched Kawn's life slowly slip away, they knew they had to do something. Desperate to save him, Melian remembered the legend of the Crystal of Mandos. This mystical crystal was said to have the power to heal even the gravest of wounds, but it was guarded by a fierce dragon. Melian and Degeb set out on a perilous journey to find the crystal, defeat the dragon, and save Kawn's life.


© 2023 csprohar


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
Added on May 22, 2023
Last Updated on June 1, 2023


Author

csprohar
csprohar

Oil City, PA



About
Married since 1999 to the most wonderful woman in the world and have 4 children. Attended college and took every writing class that I could while majoring in Business. Been working on a book since 198.. more..

Writing
The Beginning The Beginning

A Chapter by csprohar