Just words

Just words

A Poem by SamBug

Those words
"I'm in love with you"
The words
that make ones heart
fill with glee
Are words
so idealistic
so easy to say.
Why is it easier
to tell a girl
She is sexy, hot
a babe,
Instead of telling her
she looks pretty today
good,
stunning,
at least beautiful.
And as for the men,
girls scope out for them,
sink down
to the shallow end of the lake.
They want hot
Not handsome,
Not smart.
The world,
so idealistic,
so set on fitting in
has fallen down
into an abyss of society.
But me,
I'm not looking for the idea of love.
I don't want to hear,
"I'm in love with you"
Because with those words
can come,
"I'm out of love with you."
I don't want temporary.
I don't want
in
then
out.
I deserve forever.
I deserve
"I love you."

© 2010 SamBug


Author's Note

SamBug
I was watching a show and someone said he loved his wife so much but she died and he said he was in love with another woman. It didn't seem the same the way he said it and I felt inspired to compare the two.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow. I totally understand the I'm out of love with you. It's not a line to relate to because it's not really what people say. It's a line that can be interpreted from the many other interpretations someone could get when a guy or girl has told you "I'm in love with you" and then disappears. I understand completely. This was amazing. Each word made complete sense. I guess you just have to be on the right track with the poem to totally understand. But you did good. Great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

so well written loving one
or in love with one
so many different ways to see love
a wonderfully written piece
thank you for sharing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Great piece, I am glad you took on this subject. I feel the world today is at war with true virtuous love. Ream my poem "The Devil's Sex". My view differs from that of yours. I hear too many people say they love someone making it so fleeting. I more than love my wife I am in love with her, Sure I could fall out of love with her, but true love is constant work like nourishing at flower. Love and flowers both can die without substance on a daily basis. One is love of God and self, commitment and all the little things. I constantly petition God in prayer to not let my thoughts stray, only think of my wife, have prayer with her everyday. I make sure and tell her how much she means to me and how much I love on a daily basis and also do little things to show her that love; keep things spicy. What saddens me is that there are so many husbands that take their wives for granted and more men who do not have respect for marriage.

Posted 11 Years Ago


oh boy, I undersand your poem.to me there is a difference between loving some one and being in love. loving some one means to me that you have a feeling for them but it can be limited. but being in love means to me that you would go the extra mile to please that person, in other words love is blind. it can mean you see no wrong in a person.

Posted 12 Years Ago


You have a very realistic view of society. Sadly, everything today is made to be consumed and spit back out. Relationships are cheap, media is over-sexed, and life seems a little more worthless, a little more replaceable. This isn't just in our TV shows, everyone has become desensitized. I'm glad you're not. Another good piece :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow this is a great piece.
I think the idea of love has been changed quite a bit over the last 50 years or so. You did quite well with you comparison.
~CFB

Posted 13 Years Ago


I thought this was nice. I liked it a lot because I could relate to it. I want someone to love me just for me too. If they don't love me for me I want to kick them out of my lives because that would be really wrong. I know a few people just love me because of the size of my breasts. I don't think I deserve that. I do deserve better then them because they are not good friends if they do that to me. Like the one kid named Aziz he just talks to me because my breasts are large. In retrospect they don't care. I hate when guys just look at you for the size of their breast. Well sorry for the long review about myself and how men only look at me for one thing and not for love. Well anyways thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
... wow ... hey ... you wrote about something so amazingly deep and profound using such a simple and lucid vocabulary ... what a beautifully inspiring verse (poem) ... an amazing read ... :) ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

As a teenage girl, I totally know what you mean. Why is it so much easier to make such perverted comments about a girl and hurt her self-esteem and yet it is so difficult to just say three words? I know the answer to this question, but it still doesn't make it right.
Again, I rant. To the poem. I think I'll have to say the same thing about this one as "Make a Difference." Too many lines just kind of put out the interest. I felt a natural pause before the line "And as for men" and "But me" So I think those two should start the new stanzas. You have good content, now just for the presentation. Try to play around with words and styles. Haiku? String of couplets? If you’re really into challenges, this might even work as one or two Shakespearean sonnets (it’s really tough, but if you’re up for it…). Just mess around and find what you like because this is a wonderful statement about the wrongs in our society and it deserves a make-over, if you know what I mean.
Nice work and keep it up!


Posted 13 Years Ago


very good poem, i believe there is a difference. keep up the good work

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow that was a very great piece!

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1642 Views
47 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 17, 2010
Last Updated on May 17, 2010

Author

SamBug
SamBug

GTown, AR



About
Okay... So these things are always hard to fill out but I suppose I'm going to try to describe me as best as possible. My name is Sam. Some people call me Sammy poo, Sam Bug, or simply Sam Loo. I'm .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Memory Memory

A Poem by Tate Morgan


 Us Us

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Words Words

A Poem by Desert Dreamer