Just words

Just words

A Poem by SamBug

Those words
"I'm in love with you"
The words
that make ones heart
fill with glee
Are words
so idealistic
so easy to say.
Why is it easier
to tell a girl
She is sexy, hot
a babe,
Instead of telling her
she looks pretty today
good,
stunning,
at least beautiful.
And as for the men,
girls scope out for them,
sink down
to the shallow end of the lake.
They want hot
Not handsome,
Not smart.
The world,
so idealistic,
so set on fitting in
has fallen down
into an abyss of society.
But me,
I'm not looking for the idea of love.
I don't want to hear,
"I'm in love with you"
Because with those words
can come,
"I'm out of love with you."
I don't want temporary.
I don't want
in
then
out.
I deserve forever.
I deserve
"I love you."

© 2010 SamBug


Author's Note

SamBug
I was watching a show and someone said he loved his wife so much but she died and he said he was in love with another woman. It didn't seem the same the way he said it and I felt inspired to compare the two.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow. I totally understand the I'm out of love with you. It's not a line to relate to because it's not really what people say. It's a line that can be interpreted from the many other interpretations someone could get when a guy or girl has told you "I'm in love with you" and then disappears. I understand completely. This was amazing. Each word made complete sense. I guess you just have to be on the right track with the poem to totally understand. But you did good. Great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like this. Actually no, I hate this, because it's true.

Not strictly relevant to the poem, but I recently saw a young teen changing her relationship status on Facebook from "single", to "in a relationship", and back again the same day. She hadn't been online in a few days, so the purpose was really attention seeking, not because the relationship was that short (although a few days is still too short!). Her friends then post silly questions like "When did you break up?", not one thought to ask the obvious question, "Why?". I think that shows the mindset of people these days. Relationships are easy to get in to, and get out of. Quite frankly, it disgusts me.

I'm on the lookout for a smart girl. The person I love the most (in a platonic way) is someone I love purely for her personality and intelligence... that's what I want to find in a romatic relationship as well. Until I can confidently say "I love you", and mean it, irrespective of what the future holds, then I think it's best to remain silent on the issue.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I loved it. Very true

Posted 13 Years Ago


A thoughtful and intelligent emotional comment on modern society. It is indeed a society which advocates sexual behaviour over spiritual, and is gone bad with the neglect of morals in this sense. To be romantic and idealistic is out of date in this materialist and visceral culture that has been allowed to infest itself within the values of humanity. "An abyss of society" ..are the words that capture concisely and exactly what I am saying.
This poem reads very well and is easy on the eye. It is sparingly written and says what it needs to say with great sincerity. And what it says is very important to understand. It may seem obvious to many people, but what is obvious is that they have lost sight of it.
Ironically the part I like best in this piece is a section which has, to me, a double-edged implication which is quite ironic in the context of the poem:-
"I don't want temporary.
I don't want
in
then
out."

..It reminds you of one of the very things that the poem attacks...sex.


Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow. I totally understand the I'm out of love with you. It's not a line to relate to because it's not really what people say. It's a line that can be interpreted from the many other interpretations someone could get when a guy or girl has told you "I'm in love with you" and then disappears. I understand completely. This was amazing. Each word made complete sense. I guess you just have to be on the right track with the poem to totally understand. But you did good. Great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

no generalizations please ... there is no dearth of men who love their women with all their heart ! and this stands for girls too .. quite a few of them like to boast of the no. of boys they are going around with ... 'Love' is losing its sheen . lucky are those who get to be truely loved in return of the hearts that they give away ....

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow its a quick read like most of your stuff but i really enjoyed it of course!!! i agree completely and TV doesnt help set the image of real love

Posted 13 Years Ago


There is truth in this poem and a bit of a surprise at the end - when the reader has to confront the difference between 'I'm in love with you' and 'I love you.' The 'surprise' is a nice touch, indeed. I noticed a shift in the voice from a neutral, third person in the first half of the poem to "!' in the second half. Look at ones and see if it should be one's. There is something awkward about lines 18 and 19.. good thoughts leading into the idea of the shallow end of the like, but something just doesn't seem right. Then, there's a dichotomy between being idealistic and wanting to fit in. A few minor corrections on these points and a good poem would be even better.

Posted 13 Years Ago


soo true, im over those hot sexy things, what ever happend to beautiful and handsome?? Good write

Posted 13 Years Ago


It's a really good and true poem. I've had so many bfs that used girls as trophies, like, "isn't my girlfriend hot," or, "my chick is sexy," and whatnot. Compliments like those I don't think much of. Now when you have a guy that can look you dead in the eyes and tell you you're beautiful and he loves you, then it reflects a genuine nature and someone who is in love with you for who you are.

"I'm out of love with you." Not sure about this line. LOL. A little too unnatural and takes away from the effect of people being able to relate to it. Maybe replace it with one of those tired lines guys use like "it's not you, it's me" or something like that.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is so beautiful and amazing and romantic. It says so much about who you are. This is great. Another amazing piece I'm grateful you decided to share with me. Great job. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1643 Views
47 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 17, 2010
Last Updated on May 17, 2010

Author

SamBug
SamBug

GTown, AR



About
Okay... So these things are always hard to fill out but I suppose I'm going to try to describe me as best as possible. My name is Sam. Some people call me Sammy poo, Sam Bug, or simply Sam Loo. I'm .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A Poem A Poem

A Poem by Sean Allen


Memory Memory

A Poem by Tate Morgan