Chapter Four (God Hunter)

Chapter Four (God Hunter)

A Chapter by a.c luna
"

The God Hunter

"

Chapter Four (The God Hunter)

 

            Upon the whim of the gods humans experience various things, they get blessings and even damnation, they receive peace but also war and yet there are still some who goes on their own way of life never following what is planned for them. A god’s wrath is a fearful thing, a fate that no one can stop nor delay but, as the gods held them tighter the more vicious these mortals become.

 

            A young soldier forged to go against what are un-killable walks the empty room of an abandoned building. His eyes covered by thick glasses yet gleams of hunger for the prey he pursues, equipped with knowledge and weapons that humans have develop throughout the years of research, he hunts for a god.

 

            From a distance a huge metal pole was hurled like a spear but his dexterity is so great that only a single sidestep was enough to avoid it. He raises his bow and pulled the string, aiming at the direction from where the pole has come from, he released an arrow that exploded midair lighting up the darkness and there a wounded god stands.

 

“Why are you doing this? What did we do to anger you?!”

 

“Hm? What is it that you did? Nothing really but it’s my job to hunt you down. Back in the past you and your kind dominated all of the mortal humans but now that times have passed all of you guys began hiding like rats. It’s really humorous.” 

 

“I did nothing wrong to you so let me go!”

 

“Sorry buddy but I can’t. You see my boss had told me that humans should be the only ones to rule but we noticed that there are some events where humans were getting killed and no one can solve the mysteries of these sudden deaths so the government hires us to find out.”

 

“Those creatures have nothing to do with me I swear!”

 

 “Well sorry to hear that but my orders were clear. “Eliminate all nonhumans” and that includes you.”

 

“No please, Stop!”

 

            A final arrow has been picked and is aimed at the weakened god. It’s eyes were overflowing with tears as the god begged for its life but no matter what he says the one holding the bow is undaunted by the plead of the god.

 

            The fingers released the arrow flying towards the god and even though he has the speed to evade it never really helped for an exploding arrow head which spreads a number of small metal balls proves to be impossible to out run. The gods body burns and his cries echoed throughout the building and in an instant, silence came forth.

He was smiling due to the satisfaction from his work. John Vencent Serebi is his name and he holds the title of God killer which makes him a very well-known figure in their company. Ever since he was taken in by his boss he clawed his way up motivated by one thing and that is revenge. Nine years have passed since he had lost his family and the memories of his mother being raped by five unknown gods was still fresh in his mind but his eyes are dead and his heart is as hard as steel and colder than ice. Vencent takes great pleasure in tormenting his target before he gives them death. The phone in his pocket vibrated and he can already tell who it is, there is only one person who was put in charge on supervising his actions.

 

“Hello my dear Cynthia.. I know that you miss me but now is not the time.”

 

“Will you shut up Vence! I’m calling because there is new job given to you.”

 

“Another one? Why can’t the boss see that we need to be with each other sometimes? Can he not see how much you are suffering from being separated from me?”

 

“Vence, if you don’t stop with your act then I’ll give this job to someone else.”

 

“Ok.. fine .. So what’s the job Babe?”

 

“You need to find a god.”

 

“Isn’t that what I have been doing every time?”

 

“No this one is different.”

 

“How different?”

 

“It’s one of the main gods and also there is another one who seems to be eliminating those monsters that have been appearing as of late.”

 

“Two targets? And one of which is a main god? Could it be possible that you have its description?”

 

“It is said that it appeared 9 years ago in the same city where you once lived.”

 

“Oh this will be good.. When will I leave?”

 

“Anytime you want. And keep this in mind, if you do something that will put the company in trouble I will personally pull you out of this mission and we will send other people who can do the job right, got that?”

 

 

 

“Oh don’t worry; I will not do anything to mess this up. Tell Arnold to prepare the chopper I’m leaving right away.”

 

 

Vencent’s smile shows no joy but instead it emanates his thirst for blood. He walks with a certain spring in his steps and like a child who is excited for a gift he made haste.

 

 

            Cynthia sits on her office chair making it spin around as she thinks of the guy who is under her care. She first met the god hunter four years ago when he was still unknown but in just a short amount of time he has proven himself as the most valuable and most effective anti-spirit agent. Their boss once told her that Vencent was a man driven by vengeance and his results proves it. Cynthia once had other agents under her care although Vencent stood on top of them and his title was something that suits him. She knows that deep inside his joking attitude lays a fearsome beast that needs to be monitored all the time due to an incident where he single handedly annihilated an entire group of demi gods that even the elite hunters failed to slay. The results were acceptable but the government prohibited the company from using excessive force but their boss knows all too well that the military and officials fears the fact that his company has a weapon who is can bring down gods and demons alike.

 

            The large double wooden doors sprang wide open making way for their Boss. He was a man who has a proud stature and elegant white hair. Cynthia almost fell out of her chair when he entered the room.

 

“Good evening Boss. What a surprise to see you.”

 

“Have you given Vencent his orders?”

 

“Yes I did sir and he is now on his way to the location.”

 

“Good. We have expended a great deal of resource just to gain a little information about those gods.”

 

“Are you worried that he might fail?”

 

“Worried of him failing? Ms. Cynthia, I know that the target is a main god but Vencent is very capable of taking care of them. What I’m worried about is the fact that he might find those gods who had given him so much pain.”

 

“Then why did you choose him for this mission?”

 

 

 

 

“They were too powerful and our agents lacks something that only Vencent has and that is his immeasurable hate towards the gods, it gives him the drive and passion to accomplish his mission no matter what and that fact alone keeps him from failing but once he gets his revenge and those gods who murdered his family has finally been killed there is that possibility that his motivation will greatly decrease.”

 

“I see but if that does happen then should we at least had sent someone else?

 

“We had no choice Ms. Cynthia cause as of now it is not only our company who is on the move.”

 

“What do you mean Sir?”

 

“The Vatican has mobilized their crusaders and they are responsible for the deaths of our field agents and also, another faction has started to make their move.”

 

“Another faction?”

 

“The other surviving Gods and that include the one who is named Hypnos.”

 

“Hypnos?! The god of sleep? But I thought that he and his group made a truce with the Vatican?”

 

“It’s been broken now. The Vatican has a goal that we also have and it is to eradicate the remaining gods, but even if we have something in common it does not change the fact that they see us as heretics who destroys the minds of the people. They think that their god exists but if that is true then why is this god of theirs haven’t made an appearance yet? Hehe. Our company has proven that we don’t need a religion just to be great.”

 

“Looks like something is up. Can you tell me where the Vatican and the other gods are heading?”

 

“A small town in Asia near a coast. They say that a certain god is there and doing some work himself.”

 

“Is it one of the two gods?”

 

“Yes. The god who had turned his back on his own kind. The one who is fueled by death and the first one who went against the Olympian Gods, Thanatos.”

 

“Hypnos’s twin brother?! But didn’t he vanish a long time ago? No one has ever heard from him and the only clues about his existence were written on a few pages of a history book.”

 

“That is right. And he is the one who killed all those monsters.”

 

“Wait! Vencent is going to fight him?! Boss this is absurd!”

 

“Don’t worry Cynthia. Although we don’t have that much info about Thanatos you can rest assured that he won’t kill Vencent.”

 

“What? Won’t kill him? What do you mean?”

 

“Thanatos does not kill humans. He might have a reason for not doing so and I want to find out why.”

 

“What about the other god? Who is it?”

 

“Zeus.”

 

“Zeus?! Boss he will kill Vencent in a heartbeat!”

 

“Vencent is not a weakling Ms. Cynthia. I know that he can come up with something, and besides, he is well equipped and well informed so he can do something about Zeus.”

 

            Cynthia looks at her boss’s confident smile but she can’t shake off the feeling that something will happen so deep in her mind she had already came up with a plan to assist her field agent.

 

            Deep under a hidden chapel in Rome four people kneeled in front of a priest. The first one was wearing a silver full plated armor; the second one who is a woman with a fine beauty has a casual office attire, on her left is a young girl around seventeen of age, the third is a bearded man with a long blonde hair tied together forming a pony tail and lastly is a fine young man who wears a radiant white robe decorated with gold linings. These four people are what makes the elite vanguard unit of the Vatican’s holy crusaders and they are tasked to pursue the Greek gods and the agents of the company known as World Tech. The priest has finished his prayer and he faced the four crusaders.

 

“Rise my righteous ones. You have been given the honor to fight for our one and only god. We will purify this world and abolish all the heretics who have tainted our holy lands. Oh dear father, please watch over your children as they battle the evil of this world, may you guide them towards the right path and give them strength in order to fulfill their task, if so they perish, then it will be under your all mighty name so allow them to be welcomed at your side. In the name of the father, of the son and of the holy spirit, Amen.”

 

“Amen.”  

“Amen.”

“Amen.”  

“Amen.”



The bells ring as the new actors come in play. 

End of chapter four.



© 2015 a.c luna


Author's Note

a.c luna
It took me a while to update the story due to some personal matters. sorry about that.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on November 9, 2015
Last Updated on November 9, 2015


Author

a.c luna
a.c luna

calapan, philipines, Philippines



About
nothing special more..

Writing
A God's War A God's War

A Book by a.c luna