Genuine Influence

Genuine Influence

A Poem by Phillip Francis

Perception repaired by positive experience rejuvenates reflections of environment. Pessimistic behavior blinds gratifying action silencing consciousness.  


Pleasure is not granted at birth. 


One only obtains this feeling through concentrated effort. With the passing of time, comes wisdom. As the clock ticks, less attention is required to procure peace of mind.


Patience is a necessity


Value all encounters, for these rendezvous are continuous lessons. Debate if they're necessary, consider why they happen, study how they're cultivated and respect your reaction.


Insightful changes in activity are essential to growth.


Benefit from the power we have to affect loathing demeanor within ourselves. Adjustments can be difficult to comprehend, but understanding can only be discovered through awareness.


Search deep within your soul, take your time, discovery will expose a blissful existence. 

© 2016 Phillip Francis


Author's Note

Phillip Francis
Please excuse any grammatical error.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I noticed no errors in grammar, but then I was absolutely absorbed in the content and careful progression of concepts. That rarely happens with me. Thank you for that.
Fascinating. I felt some amygdala driven reactions as I read, but that was a challenge that I loved, in the end. Having a confusion response to any idea tells me that you hit some sensitive part of my psyche. It was necessary to soothe my mind and then absorb your ideas.
Awesome.
I love this

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phillip Francis

8 Years Ago

I truly appreciate you taking the time to give it a read. I'm extremely happy you enjoyed it and hum.. read more



Reviews

My mind is debating the factuality of some thoughts here. However, non absolutes presented with absolute confidence conveys a meaning in and of themselves. A truth for you is still a truth even if it is not universally applicable to all situations and all peoples.
For instance, "Pleasure is not granted at birth." This can be true and often is, but is not actually a fact. A child often, if not usually, enjoys the pleasure of being held or nursing. Still, the cognitive appreciation for the whole of the experience is not gifted at birth. The fullness of life is indeed a process of growth and learning. Much like patience being a virtue enhancing the experience and meaning of one's existence rather than necessity. Considering however the truth of the situation when an individual could conclude for themselves a time when patience becomes indeed a necessity to survive a given circumstance.
So, you have me thinking and I find it a welcomed state.
Thank you for the inspirational write. I enjoyed the tone and presentation.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Phillip Francis

8 Years Ago

Thank you David. My objective and hope in writing this was to force the reader to think and reflect .. read more
I noticed no errors in grammar, but then I was absolutely absorbed in the content and careful progression of concepts. That rarely happens with me. Thank you for that.
Fascinating. I felt some amygdala driven reactions as I read, but that was a challenge that I loved, in the end. Having a confusion response to any idea tells me that you hit some sensitive part of my psyche. It was necessary to soothe my mind and then absorb your ideas.
Awesome.
I love this

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phillip Francis

8 Years Ago

I truly appreciate you taking the time to give it a read. I'm extremely happy you enjoyed it and hum.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 20, 2016
Last Updated on January 20, 2016
Tags: Positive thinking, growth, Change, Happiness, Perception, Life, Evaluation of self, Poetry