Abrupt Judgment

Abrupt Judgment

A Poem by Phillip Francis

In the absence of confidence, we are prone to supplement with conformity. Obedience is the mask of Death with tyrannical hands strangling liberty.  When we accommodate social norms we play into the hands of the privileged.  We must question and push the bounds of comfort.

 

There is right, but there is no wrong answer.

 

There is no life after death, but we will live forever.

 

There is a way to be cordial, without continuously taking it on the chin.

 

This existence is decided, but we have the power to change the path.

 

The ramblings of madness open the doors to balance.

 

Change only comes with fracturing the walls that currently bind us in despondence. Only then can we pick up the rumble and begin to rebuild a new Eden.

 

 

 

 

 

© 2016 Phillip Francis


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

the only way to rebuild is to take the risk of tearing down what is there before and starting over with our own ideas...i try to get my students to think outside the box...not the easiest thing to do...
they feel safer accepting what has been handed down through centuries, as correct.
i hope they come up with new ideas on their own.

love the philosophy here.

j.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
1 Review
Added on April 26, 2016
Last Updated on April 26, 2016