Love Me Not
1986, Penny Herrera falls into the predatory clutches of Matt, an older man who has no other intention than to alter Pen
The Simplicity in its Complexness

The Simplicity in its Complexness

A Story by -47-

There isn't any definite way to explain who I want to be. Of course, being my age, the question comes up often. Who am I going to be? I know what I want to do, but how am I going to turn out? Teachers force my generation to explore our future, to figure everything out by the time we graduate high school. I know there has to be at least one other person in this world that feels there isn't enough time to sort and plan and live our lives. If there were, everyone would be exactly who they wanted to be.
I want to donate blood and bone marrow. I want to volunteer at a soup kitchen during Christmas time. I want to put a poppy on every veteran's grave in Arlington. I want to be a journalist in Syria and Jordan who helps the locals when not reporting. I want to visit old people and hear their stories. I'm sixteen, five foot three, one hundred thirteen pounds, and on several medications. I am physically unable to donate blood or bone marrow. Out of all the things I want to do, all the things that are easily done, I cannot help a random stranger simply due to my size. That goes to show that there are some things that are impossible for some people. I believe every child wants to be famous at some point, and that every child realizes it only happens to the fortunate. Not being able to donate blood and marrow was my bitter sweet moment. If I couldn't help a random stranger in that regard, I would sure as hell find another way. I found a way, and I can't slam my head hard enough against the wall for not thinking of it sooner. 

"This is life! It's time to do something. What will you create that will make the world awesome? This is your time. This is my time. This is our time. We were made to be awesome. How can you change the world?" 
-Rebecca McKee
I AM INVISIBLE. And I plan to stay as such! I've always wanted to be something great. Something would make me famous. But I don't want to be the one who is creating a reputation. I would much sooner rather be Hugh Jackman's mother. Would have created something great...and awesome... and mind blowingly handsome... But not me. I wasn't meant to be something great. I'm just growing up to be a paramedic, or RN in the emergency room. Saving lives. Nobody will know who I am, I will have a thankless job, and the people who WERE meant to be great will have their chance. 
But really. Caterpillar farming sounds nice too. The world could always use more butterflies.

© 2013 -47-


Author's Note

-47-
Assignments in English are always the worst to follow, and usually result in the best ideas.
The quote and what follows is the best assignment I have ever been assigned.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
Added on February 5, 2013
Last Updated on February 5, 2013
Tags: butterflies, hope, Hugh Jackman

Author

-47-
-47-

San Francisco, CA



Writing
Tim's Eyeballs Tim's Eyeballs

A Story by -47-


1 1

A Chapter by -47-


Documentation47 Documentation47

A Book by -47-