Life Purpose

Life Purpose

A Poem by Hebe
"

Is this a question in your mind? If you pass by.... Please review...thank you!

"
Question?


What is your life’s purpose

It is a perplexing thought

The riddle that perforates your mental activity

And torments your existence

Am I doing enough?

Am I helping enough?

Am I happy enough?

Am I famous enough?

It’s a race, the clock is ticking

Your desk looks old and weary

The dust mites have put up signs

You have 10 days to vacate this property

A bungee jump is appropriate

Seeing the world upside down could be beneficial

The red convertible was a flashing neon of a dilemma

Not to you, but to myself

The question you realize is, If money was not an issue, what would you be doing?

Is it too late to help with the extinction of elephants in Africa?

I’m trading the convertible for a Subaru and picking up some insect repellent !

The dust mites climb in the box with the rest of my ancient relics,

I think they are planning an intervention!

My plans are loose, and my heart is a little anxious

But my purpose, is no longer without a purpose!

 

 

© 2016 Hebe


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you for your review .... I can't imagine you being old, as you say.... you sound very spunky and very alive..... Lots of hugs :))

Posted 7 Years Ago


I love the creative imagination thru-out! Many amazingly outlandish lines, which is the kind of word fun that I most enjoy! Your sense of humor is subtle but unmistakable. I'm glad I'm old, becuz I quit asking so many questions from life a long time ago! *smile* (((HUGS))) If I still cared about "life purpose" I would find this very thought-provoking but my soul-searching days are long gone!

Posted 7 Years Ago


"The dust mites have put up signs ...You have 10 days to vacate this property" OMG...this is outstanding!! Laughing here. We always think we should do more in life....we always think we are missing something and that we could do better. Truth is, we all do the best we can. Our purpose? To put one foot in front of the other and keep on keepin' on! Enjoyed this one. Lydi**

Posted 7 Years Ago


Thanks Jacob... I like your reply, am I enough....there's another poem somewhere in there. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


i love your theme in this one...and at my age i have decided what the question is that i would ask myself or others..."am i me enough?" have we been the best "us" we could be? whether rich or not, famous or not, successful or not.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I very much enjoyed this poem. Yes it is important to know your purpose to have joy in your life. Thank You for your nice comments on my Halloween poem. It is yearly tradition where I work I write a poem for each Halloween.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Thanks D. That's true ...... that's why our imaginations come in useful! nothing wrong with dreaming:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


How perplexing! I once heard that the goal in life is to find something you're passionate about and create it, and the purpose of life is to then give it away. But that doesn't pay the bills, does it? Funny how we are all (for the most part) raised to think we need to do something great, then reality settles us down a bit. Maybe I should get a convertible...

Posted 7 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

700 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 25, 2016
Last Updated on October 26, 2016

Author

Hebe
Hebe

NJ



About
My passion is dancing Argentine Tango. It takes a minute to fall in love with it and a lifetime to master it. It is elusive & addictive. It is obsessive & blissful. It can take you through a rainb.. more..

Writing
Dust to Dust Dust to Dust

A Poem by Hebe


Healthy Living Healthy Living

A Poem by Hebe


Rachel Rachel

A Story by Hebe



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..