Mask

Mask

A Poem by Dallisa <3

Looking in the mirror, I'm surprised at what I see

It's so hard to imagine the girl I used to be

Would you recognize this person I became?

I guess it's not your fault, I'm the one to blame

I really couldn't take it, I had to get away

I'm still searching, for a happy place to stay

Things always turn bad, end up going wrong

I don't know how it happens, I used to be so strong

I guess you're just like them, you'll always turn your back

The mask you laid before me, has slowly began to crack

© 2009 Dallisa <3


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love this poem as a a starting point you have outlined the reasons why things are not as good as they used to be and perhaps a relationship has broken down here, we all like to reflect on our lives at some point it's all part of growing up, i feel your disappointment and vulnerability here, you are looking for security perhaps in the arms of that strong silent time who is prepared to give you direction,courage and strength.

The lines flow serenely and there is not much i can suggest to improve it, however shorter lines are more poignant and easy on the eye and the style of second verse rhyming is my favoured way of writing now, i have discovered that people don't like sentences to rhyme like nursery rhymes but yet this method flows well.

I am seeing a snapshot of a lovely young lady who just seeks reassurance and calmness in her life here hope i have helped you.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This poem is absolutely beautiful. I think many people would be able to relate to the meaning behind it. It's simple and well written. Fantastic job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


i liked the way you framed the main question, would you recognize the person I became. so important to remind others that we are all a work in progress, like ambient or electro styled musings. this is technicolored perfection

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love this poem as a a starting point you have outlined the reasons why things are not as good as they used to be and perhaps a relationship has broken down here, we all like to reflect on our lives at some point it's all part of growing up, i feel your disappointment and vulnerability here, you are looking for security perhaps in the arms of that strong silent time who is prepared to give you direction,courage and strength.

The lines flow serenely and there is not much i can suggest to improve it, however shorter lines are more poignant and easy on the eye and the style of second verse rhyming is my favoured way of writing now, i have discovered that people don't like sentences to rhyme like nursery rhymes but yet this method flows well.

I am seeing a snapshot of a lovely young lady who just seeks reassurance and calmness in her life here hope i have helped you.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
H
Lovely, simple rhyme, and exceptionally relatable. We all look into the mirror and question ourselves, who we used to be and who we've become.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 11, 2009

Author

Dallisa &lt;3
Dallisa <3

Long Beach, CA



About
Hey..I'm Dallisa. I'm really bad at the whole describing myself thing so if you want to know something about me just message me. Love to write and read other peoples stuff so keep the read requ.. more..

Writing
Wrong Wrong

A Poem by Dallisa <3