I wish

I wish

A Poem by Dallisa <3

I wish my mind was free of the things you did that night

I wish I could have stopped you or even put up a fight

I laid there so unmoving, I couldn't even speak

Never in my life have I ever felt so weak

I don't know why it happened, not sure why it was me

I was surprised that no one knew, I wish that they could see

The pain I hid so well, and hid for very long

The terrible things you did, all the things that had gone wrong

But thats now in my past, a fear I've overcome

I'm able to feel, be alive, now I'm no longer numb

© 2009 Dallisa <3


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think this relates to a lot of fears that young girls might encounter in their relationships being used or raped by their boyfriend, am i reading this right?
to leave you feeling traumatised but perhaps not physically scarred, in any case your use of words was very imaginative and the poem flowed like the orinocco river i liked the inception and the style if not the theme to see you hurt or that of another in this scenario pains me, apologies if i got it wrong.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LL2
I love that the poem ends with you taking power.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This was an amazing right! The emotions were so raw, and so strong. I think that you captured the feelings of desperation and helplessness really well, and the simplicity of it, yet the underlying complexity of the situation was executed beautifully. I loved the natural flow of this piece, and thought that the ending was really amazing!
A nice write,
~PaperHearts

Posted 14 Years Ago


Beautiful poem. Not the situation but the way you can express your side of the story. The rhyming flows good as well. I'm glad it had an inspiring ending as well =). Saddest line is, "I don't know why it happened, not sure why it was me." So simple and universal. Not one of us has been absent of this moment. My only recommendation...keep writing =).

Posted 14 Years Ago


I think this relates to a lot of fears that young girls might encounter in their relationships being used or raped by their boyfriend, am i reading this right?
to leave you feeling traumatised but perhaps not physically scarred, in any case your use of words was very imaginative and the poem flowed like the orinocco river i liked the inception and the style if not the theme to see you hurt or that of another in this scenario pains me, apologies if i got it wrong.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I hope that helps And Wish I could offer more than solice.I liked the work I liked the rhyme and meter

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow, I almost cried when I read this. I'm pretty sure what you're saying and I can tell you that I've been through it too. Feelings of being fragile and weak and the thoughts of "why me". I like it (this writing piece, I mean)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 12, 2009

Author

Dallisa &lt;3
Dallisa <3

Long Beach, CA



About
Hey..I'm Dallisa. I'm really bad at the whole describing myself thing so if you want to know something about me just message me. Love to write and read other peoples stuff so keep the read requ.. more..

Writing
Wrong Wrong

A Poem by Dallisa <3



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


love is? love is?

A Poem by Awdures