Count For Me?

Count For Me?

A Story by Suppressed Minds
"

A short story for a friend of mine. Based off of true and recent event.

"
It was the first time that I've counted for her. I didn't know why she would ask such a thing. However, after a while, I began to understand it. To her, the number were like a lulaby, a song that sang her to sleep.  In a way, she found comfort through it.
Though, I've counted for her before, this would be the first that I've counted for her alone. I felt nervous honestly, it's a bit silly I'm sure but, I had never been asked to do so. I was unsure about how fast to count or how high to count, but like they say, "practice makes perfect."
I shrugged a little, thinking, "it's just counting, the hell are you so nervous for?" Then I realized the answer to that question. I was nervous because of the fact that she had seen me as a father to her and in a way, I had looked upon her as if she were my own. That was the bond we had with one another and it shown greatly as if we were practically wearing it on our sleaves.
She yawned after a few hours later, blinking tiredly as she fought to stay awake.
"Moms going to be late" she said lightly. Hesitant she asked, "Would you count for me tonight?"
I paused for a moment, tucking her into bed as she crawled under the covers. "I wouldn't be opposed to doing so." I say nodding as I sat down in the chair beside her bed and begin to slowly count.
" One..two...three.." I started carefully, being sure not to count too fast or slow. Watching a faint smile grow across her face as she closed her eyes. "Four...five..six..seven.." I continued softly, unsure of how high she had wanted  me to count. However, by the time I reached one-hundred she had been sound asleep.

© 2017 Suppressed Minds


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on August 11, 2017
Last Updated on August 11, 2017