Even Death Speaks

Even Death Speaks

A Story by Dami
"

Jake Melham is a lonely high schooler with a weird ability: he can see ghosts. He doesn't seem to pay much attention to this ability until he notices an increase of ghosts in his school.

"

I see dead people.

            You probably have heard that phrase a million times, haven’t you? It’s not the greatest introduction, so let me properly do one. My name is Jake Melham and I see ghosts. More specifically, spirits that haven’t been fully put to rest yet. I always have seen this ability as a curse- well, maybe more of an annoyance. It’s not like ghosts can speak. They just make noise with objects near to them. But I see these annoyances everywhere. Restaurants, arcades, the theatre, my neighborhood. Ghosts usually hang out where they died or at least the place they last remember. That’s why I’m somewhat concerned about my school.

            I’m not a big fan of the people who go to my high school. They could sometimes be more annoying than the ghosts I see. My school isn’t that big but sometimes I do feel crowded; by noise at least. Since the population is small, rumors and drama spread like wildfire. You may think your secret crush on that hot jock is safe in your best friend’s hands but within a day, not only would your crush know your secret, but his whole team will know too. That’s why I usually keep my distance from others and I’m careful with what I say. People may see me as a loner, but that’s better than people thinking I’m a freak or some weird “medium”.

            Anyway, back to the concerning thing about my school. Recently, there has been this trend going on. No, it’s not a fashion trend or anything relating to drama or something. Girls in my school have started to go missing one by one. It started with Amelia Johnson, aka “The Prettiest Girl on Earth.” Whenever she walked by, no one could look away from her. Everything about her looks seemed to be perfect. So pretty that you might actually see sparkles. The most notable thing about Amelia was her hair. It was brown and waist-length. Nicely combed and soft to the touch. After the prettiest girl ever went missing, other girls started disappearing as well, one each week. The most recent one was Lexi Whittle, a short and surprisingly strong girl in my grade level. She also had long hair.

            But I have noticed something. At least, I couldn’t ignore this something. There has been an increase of ghosts at my school. Female ghosts. The girls haven’t run away or gotten kidnapped. They were killed somewhere near or in this school. But where in or around the school? And who would be dumb enough to kill them knowing how fast rumors fly around?

            “Mr. Melham?”

            I know people can be dumb but murder? I guess someone could be dumb enough to murder but I do wonder-

            “Mr. Melham!”

            I jumped up in my seat just to be face to face with Mrs. Jackson. She was so close to me that I could see every wrinkle and white hair she had. She’s only in her forties but she looked twice her age. Makeup can’t hide everything.

            Mrs. Jackson frowned at me, making her wrinkles more apparent. “If you’re going to snooze off at school, at least do it after class,” she told me. The class chuckled as if this was some bad joke. How long have I been out? I felt my face go red and I just stared at my basically empty notebook. Mrs. Jackson seemed to notice this and said, “Not a big note taker, are you? At least humor me and pretend to take notes.” She turned and headed back to the front of the class. “Now, back to the lesson. The war started in 1765…”

 

***

 

Lunch has started finally. I could enjoy some free time by myself after hours- or at least it felt like hours- of lectures. The lunchroom is always noisy so I always eat in the gym, which is usually empty during lunch. Although I don’t have gym class this year, I like the area. It’s huge and roomy, the equipment being in the corner or in the closet area. The gym is basically just a basketball court with bleachers when no one is using it. I sit on the bleachers and open my bento. My parents usually work all day and all night, so I get the freedom to make my own lunch. But I haven’t made anything new for a while, so I’m just eating leftovers for today. As I try to eat, I feel a breeze. The hell? I look up to see a familiar face- Amelia.

I was frozen. I don’t know why but I couldn’t move. Something seemed off about her; something I haven’t noticed before about her ghost. Something about her hair- “Ow!” It felt like something yanked some of my hair from behind me like it was rope. I stood up unfortunately dropping my bento. I turn angrily. “Hey, what the he-?” It was just more ghosts. The female ghosts. The hell was going on? Their hair-

They started to pull my hair again, a bit harder this time. Why do ghosts have to be such a pain in the a*s? I managed to escape their grasp and I glared at them. Lunch was supposed to be peaceful but now, as usual, something had to bother me. “Alright, I get it! My hair is messy! What the hell do you idiots want?!” Silence. Of course, I forgot. Ghosts can’t speak. I took a step back, accidently kicking my bento box. “Tsk. Just piss off, will you? You guys already ruined my lunch so I don’t need you ruining my mood as well.”

“What’s with the ruckus, eh?”

I look over and I feel myself turn red again. I forgot Coach Tadashi sometimes stays in his office during lunch, especially recently. I shouldn’t have been so loud. “C-Coach Tadashi. Sorry. I was uh…” I look over and the ghosts were gone. Damn them. I look back at the coach, nervously smiling. “I thought I saw someone but I think I was sleepwalking.” I chuckled. Wow, I can be such an idiot, can’t I? “I’ll clean this up.” I pick up the bento box.

“No need to.” Coach Tadashi walked over, moving some of his long hair strands out of his face. “I’ll just clean it later. You should eat more in the cafeteria. You may make friends, you know.” He looked down and frowned for a bit. He then smiled. “You were looking at those missing posters, huh?” He picked up some missing person posters from the ground. “Maybe the beauty of these girls set you off.”

“What?” I look at the posters. “Oh, I didn’t bring any posters here. I didn’t even notice those.” For all I know, those dead idiots could have left them here. “Uh, I can take them, though. Maybe they can help me find the girls.” Idiot, why did you say that?

Coach Tadashi paused for a solid few seconds to think then laughed. “You sure are an interesting kid.” He handed me the posters. “I guess you can try to find them but I bet it will be near impossible.” Near impossible? How can he be so confident in saying that? “Anyway, the lunch period ends in a few minutes. You should probably start heading back to class. Be safe.” He went back to his office.

Be safe, huh? Well, I don’t want to become annoying, restless soul as well. I look down at the posters. I do wonder why those ghosts left these here. Do they believe I can solve their case? Yeah, right. I’m the last person in this school who would be asked to solve this case. There’s even writing on the back of one of the posters; maybe they wanted to leave a dumb clue or something. Long hair and cut. What do those words have to do with anything?

 

***

 

            Another boring day in class. Ha, like there’s ever an interesting day. These missing girl cases have been on my mind all of last week. And now that another week has started, another girl has gone missing- or I assume has been killed. Naomi Katsuki, another girl in my grade. She was always a loner, so I guess that made her an easy target. People often avoided her and she didn’t talk often, even to teachers. You could say she was like me in a way. I guess the only real differences between us was gender and her hair was longer.

            Since that gym incident, I only got one more “hint” from those ghosts written on the back of one of the missing posters and it was office. Long hair, cut, office- how the hell do those words connect in any way? I tried to at least get some ideas of what really happened to them and jot them down in my notebook, but none of them make sense. What are those ghosts trying to say? Are they just toying with me?

            “Mr. Melham!”

            I stood up faster than racecar can drive, knocking my note book and the posters off my desks. “Y-Yes, I’m listening.” My voice crack was so noticeable, you could hear it from a mile away. The class laughed as my face turned redder than a ripe tomato. Damn, this is the most embarrassed I have ever been. I sit down as Mrs. Jackson walked over. I didn’t want to look at her face so I just stared at the floor. What will she say to me?

            Mrs. Jackson stood in front of my desk for a while before plopping my note book and the posters on my desks. “See me after school.” As she headed to the front of the class, a couple of ooohs come from the other students. Jeez, is everything a joke to these people? “Now, back to the-”

            The door opened and Coach Tadashi walked in, carrying some books. “Well hello, Mrs. Jackson.” He grinned. “Wow, looking good. You don’t look a day over 80.” Mrs. Jackson frowned as the class laughed. “Oh oops, I mean 40,” Coach Tadashi joked.

            “What do you want? You’re interrupting my class, Coach Tadashi.” Mrs. Jackson squinted at the coach, making the wrinkles around her eyes visible.

            “Hey, now. I won’t be here for long. The principal asked me to collect all the teacher’s handbooks. Just give me the handbook and poof, I’ll be gone.” He moves some hair out of his face. “Didn’t think I was such a bother to you, Mrs. Jackson.”

            “Tsk.” Mrs. Jackson opened one of the drawers of her desk and took out the handbook before shoving it into Coach Tadashi’s hands. “Now, leave.” Coach Tadashi frowned then smiled. He whispered something into Mrs. Jackson’s ear making her flinch before leaving. Mrs. Jackson sighed. “Okay, now back to the lesson.”

            That was one hell of a strange interaction. I haven’t really seen teachers act like that with each other before. I mean, I have seen Mrs. Jackson and Coach Tadashi talk before but not like that. Well, I don’t really pay attention to their conversations anyway, but something was off about this one. I just can’t put my finger on it.

 

***

            I find it strange that Mrs. Jackson told me to meet her after school. Usually if something happened, a teacher would meet a student directly after class or give them detention. Unless she took my dozing off as very serious. She’ll probably yell at me about the posters; the old lady probably thinks I’m the one who wrote those words on the poster. I enter the classroom and see Mrs. Jackson staring at the board. “Uh, Mrs. Jackson?” My voice was quieter than usual. “You wanted to see me?”

            “Sit.” Mrs. Jackson didn’t even turn to me when saying that.

            I sat in a nearby desk. It was silent for a few seconds. Am I supposed to say something? I took a big breath. “Mrs. Jackson, I’m sorry that-”

            “You’re not in trouble, Mr. Melham. There’s a different reason why I told you to meet me after school. It’s something I want to talk to only you about.” She turned, looking at me with soft eyes for once. “Although I don’t like how you started to doze off in my class, I think I can understand why with the situation that’s going on in this school.” She smiled at me. “I’m glad I’m not the only one who is trying to solve these missing girl cases.”

            I felt my heart stop for a moment. Mrs. Jackson out of everyone else wanted to solve the missing girls’ cases situation? “B-But why? Why would you want to try to solve these cases?”

            “The answer is simple, Mr. Melham- Justice.” Her face turned serious. “I may not look like it, but I have a strong sense of justice, especially with this type of case.” She walked over to one of the windows and looked out. The sun was setting as night was coming in an hour or two. “Innocent school girls are being targeted for no reason. They’re being kidnapped or even worse, and most likely, killed. We should at least find a lead for these cases. I know the cases are somehow connected, but I still need proof on how they connect.” She looked at me. “Do you still have those posters?”

            “Yes, right here.” I take the posters from my backpack and lay them side by side across my desk. “I’m still trying to connect the cases myself, but I’m confused.”

            Mrs. Jackson walked over to my desk. “Don’t you notice a trend with the victims, Mr. Melham? Not with their gender but with their appearance.”

            “No-” I paused. I did notice something. “Every one of them has beautiful, long hair.” How come I didn’t notice before? Well, I did know all had long hair but I didn’t make the connection. Wait, when I was in the gym, their hair was short, which means their hair was cut before they died. But when and how did they cut their hair. Don’t tell me-

            “Don’t doze off on me again, Mr. Melham. Or should I call you Jake instead? Would that make you comfortable?” Mrs. Jackson smiled. “You’re a smart boy. I wish you could just show that more.” Huh. That’s the first nice thing she has said to me. “The person responsible for these girls’ disappearances and possible murders probably targeted them because of their hair or looks. It’s a weird but possible lead.”

            “They were killed. Not only kidnapped but also killed. And somewhere in this school.” I paused. Where the hell did all of that come from? I usually don’t blurt out stuff.

            Mrs. Jackson chuckled. “Ah, where is that coming from? How could you be so sure?”

            I look up into Mrs. Jackson’s eyes. I never looked directly at her like this before; honestly, I could get lost in those eyes. But enough about that. It’d be best for me to be completely honest. “This may sound completely ridiculous but I can see ghosts. At least ones that haven’t been put to rest correctly. They can’t really talk to me but I can see them. I know the girls are dead because I have been seeing their ghosts. And I actually noticed something about them.” I look back at the posters. “They all have short hair now. Someone cut their hair before they died. Most likely for a sick trophy or something.”

            Mrs. Jackson stayed silent for a moment before speaking again. “Well, that strange ability explains the reason why you’re so distant from others.” Mrs. Jackson paused again as if to think. “Cut hair, huh? Strange. I guess you could be right. A question for you: Did one of those ghosts write those words on the back on one of the posters?”

            I look up at her. “The words?” I flipped over the poster that had them. “Yeah, they did. They actually left me the posters while I was in the gym during lunch last week. The word cut was probably a hint about their hair being cut.” I feel like an idiot not noticing that before.

            “The gym, you say? Interesting…”

            It got silent once more before I speak again. “Mrs. Jackson? I know this is probably none of my business but do you hate Coach Tadashi? When you guys were talking earlier in class, it felt like you guys would start fighting at any moment. Did he do something?”

            Mrs. Jackson looked down at the posters and sighed. “I don’t completely hate him.” She sat down in the desk next to me. “But we are on bad terms at the moment. Mostly because I suspect him being involved in these cases.”

            I look at Mrs. Jackson surprised. “You suspect him? But why? Coach Tadashi is usually a nice person, isn’t he?”

            “He is, but I still suspect him. I don’t have enough proof against him, though. That’s why I’m trying to solve these cases. Hopefully, I’m incorrect, but I feel confident about my suspicion.” Mrs. Jackson glances at me. “Doesn’t he seem a bit suspicious to you?”

            Suspicious? I can’t really imagine Coach Tadashi doing something like this. “Well… he did act somewhat suspicious when I found these posters in the gym. He mentioned how pretty these girls are and how it would be impossible to find them-” Wait. Don’t tell me-

            “Do you want to know what he told me during class?” Mrs. Jackson stood up and walked to the front of the room. “He said, ‘You’ll never solve these cases.’ He said it with a grin as well. That only rose my suspicion of him.”

            “Coach Tadashi is the murderer.”

            It was now Mrs. Jackson’s turn to be surprised. She turned to look at me. “Huh? What’s this all of a sudden?”

            I stand. “It just all makes sense. Coach Tadashi seems to care about the case like you and me, but he cares in a different way. When he saw the posters in the gym that day, he frowned. He said it would be impossible to find them. I find that strange. Even if Coach Tadashi lost all hope for these missing girls, I doubt he would act like that. At least in front of a student.” I picked up the poster with the words. “Plus, if Coach Tadashi is the murderer, these clues make sense. At first, I thought long hair was just referring to the fact that the girls’ hair was long. But it could refer to the fact that Coach Tadashi has long hair. We already established that the person, most likely Coach Tadashi, involved in these cases cut the girls’ hair, so that relates to cut. Office most likely refers to Coach Tadashi’s office. Now that I think of it, Coach Tadashi has recently been in his office more.” I look up at Mrs. Jackson. “I firmly believe that he was involved in these cases. The bodies or at least some more clues are in his office.”

            Mrs. Jackson paused then chuckled. “You sure are a determined and intelligent boy. Well, if you want to somehow get into his office, you will need a plan. I doubt he’d just let you walk in.” She looked out the window. “It’s getting late. You should go home and maybe think of a plan.” She smiled at me. “Meet me tomorrow again after school, okay Jake?” Rarely do teachers call me by my first name, but for some reason, she saying that made me comfortable. Mrs. Jackson may be a pain in the a*s sometimes, but maybe I shouldn’t judge her so much.

            I gather my stuff together. “Yes. See you tomorrow, Mrs. Jackson.” I head out of the classroom and turn. But before I could go far into the hall, I bump into someone. “Oh, excuse me- Coach Tadashi?”

            Coach Tadashi looked at me confused, almost in a jokingly way. “Eh? What are you doing so late after school, especially in the old hag’s classroom?”

            Old hag? That felt very insulting; even I wouldn’t say that about Mrs. Jackson. “S-She’s not an old hag, you know.” What are you doing? You don’t have to defend her. “Uh, we were just talking about a test coming up. I don’t take notes often in her class, so she was just worried about me.”

            “Test, huh? The only thing that woman knows how to test is a person’s patience.” The beef between Coach Tadashi and Mrs. Jackson was more rotten than I thought. “I’m surprised that she’s even up this late. The older you are, the more sleep you need.” Coach Tadashi grinned but it wasn’t his usual grin; it was one that would send chills down your spine multiple times. “And this woman really needs to sleep.” He walked past me and went into Mrs. Jackson’s room. I was tempted to follow him, but I just couldn’t. I went home, but that was something I didn’t realize I would later regret.

 

***

 

            Missing: Samantha Jackson

            What the hell? No way. That b*****d coach…

            “That’s the teacher who went missing yesterday, right?”

            “Yeah, I heard she didn’t arrive home after school so her husband called the police.”

            “Hey, it’s that loner guy. Wasn’t he the last person who saw Mrs. Jackson?”

            “Yeah, I think so. I wouldn’t be surprised if he had a part in her disappearance.”

            Of course. Rumors and drama has already started spread. Damn it. Damn it, damn it, damn it. I should have went into the classroom after Coach Tadashi entered. I might have stopped him. Damn that coach. It’s too early to judge if Coach Tadashi- no, that coach title is too worthy to be given to him- has killed Mrs. Jackson or not as I haven’t seen her ghost yet. The most I can do right now is hope for the best and expect the worst. When school ends. I’ll go along with the plan I made after school. Of course, I need to make some changes to it as I first planned to execute it with Mrs. Jackson, but it’s still doable. I will do it for those girls. I will do it for Mrs. Jackson. Tadashi, I’m coming for you.

 

***

 

            I don’t know why I am so nervous. I guess I’m just not used to staying after school at such a late time. Who knew teachers stayed at school for so long? I was able to be sneaky and not get noticed by teachers as they were leaving. I’m so deep in this mission to expose Tadashi that it’s basically too late to quit now. If I do quit, all that time I spent trying to connect the dots of these cases would be wasted. Mrs. Jackson would have been targeted in vain. I still haven’t seen her ghost she may still be alive but I can’t raise my hopes too high.

            The gym is usually unlocked, so it will be easy to get into. The problem is getting into Tadashi’s office. I was able to take one of my mother’s hairpins, though, so unlocking the door shouldn’t be too difficult. At least going by movie logic. Although it is late into the evening, I still need to be quiet. I don’t want to bump into any teachers or staff who may still be in the school. I entered the gym and headed towards Tadashi’s office. Time to lock pick- huh? The door’s unlocked. That’s weird. I thought at least offices would be locked after school. I guess Tadashi just forgot this time despite what he’s doing. Hey, maybe one of those ghosts opened the door before I came here. Anyway, enough about that.

            I enter and look around. This looks like your typical, clean office and it’s definitely not big enough to hide something like bodies. But if they’re not hidden here, then where would they be? There has to be clues somewhere. No, nothing but documents and other papers here. Of course. That b*****d wouldn’t want to leave any evidence that would point to these crimes. I felt a breeze; a breeze similar to the one I felt last week. I turn and see the ghost of Naomi standing near me, looking bored as usual. She pointed at the floor a few inches away from us. I looked over and see a basement hatch. I didn’t know there was a basement in this school; it’s also weird that it’s in Tadashi’s office. The hatch was unlocked as well.

            The hatch opened to a couple of stairs. It was also a bit dark, so the hatch had to be left open for some light. I head down the stairs and immediately I get hit by some awful smell; rotting flesh mixed with feces. That smell made me want to puke. I turn and squint as it was still a bit dark. Bodies. Decaying bodies everywhere. That made me want to puke even more. I have never felt this sick before. If I knew it would be this bad, I would have brought a napkin to cover my nose. Huh? I think I just saw something move. Someone is still alive! I walk over and see Mrs. Jackson face down on the floor. Thank god she wasn’t killed or harmed. “Hey, Mrs. Jackson. I’m here. Are you okay?”

            “She probably can’t hear you. She’s unconscious.”

            I jumped and looked forward. I hear a few steps before seeing Tadashi. I glared at him. I never despised someone so much before. “You. What the hell did you do to her?”

            Tadashi raised his hands like he was completely innocent; maybe he’s the one who’s good at testing a person’s patience. He smiled and said, “I didn’t do anything, Jake.” I flinched when he said my name. He’s not my friend or Mrs. Jackson; he has no right to call me by my first name. “At least not anything bad. She was feeling quite sick from the smell so I put her to sleep with some pills.” He took a small container from his pocket. “Oh? This is poison?” He grinned at me “My mistake.” He threw the container towards my feet. I have never been so disgusted with someone. “I knew you were going to come here, so why not mess with you a bit? We have 20 minutes until your sweet Mrs. Jackson dies. Let me ask you something. What made you want to come here: Mrs. Jackson or those damn female ghosts?”

            I looked at him in surprise. Since when did he know of my ability? Don’t tell me he forced Mrs. Jackson to tell him. This b*****d… “You… You probably used this poison on the girls, didn’t you?”

            Tadashi chuckled. “You’re a smart boy, you know that? Well, somewhat correct. I won’t tell specific details, but I’ll tell you how I get them down here.” He pulled a pair of scissors from his pocket. The blades were spotted with dark red splotches. “I tell them I need some help in the gym. Whether with cleaning or moving stuff, I get them to enter the gym to ‘help’ me. Or maybe I just say I have something important to tell them. I have to make sure no one else is there. I don’t want any witnesses, you see?” He moved his finger along the scissor blades. “Then I knock them out, of course. I drag them here. I mess with them when they wake and cut their hair. I then choose their way of death: poison or stabbing with the same thing I cut their hair with.” He laughed and started to walk towards me. I step back. I don’t want that b*****d to be near me. “Let me tell you. It was fun hearing and watching them suffer.”

            “But why?” My back finally meets a wall. “Why watch them suffer? Why kill them when they did nothing to you?”

            “Why?” Tadashi stopped in front of me. “Why you ask?” He laughed, sending multiple chills down my spine. “I’ll tell you why. They were too beautiful. Most were too popular. The more pretty and popular you are, the more attention you get. If they get more attention, that’s less attention for me. And no one gets attention from me, the nicest guy on campus. Sure, they may get a little attention when they go missing but after a while, not only are they missing in real life but they’re also missing from people’s mind. They’ll be forgotten and the attention will go back to me.” This man… he’s crazy- no, crazy is an understatement. “Now, I don’t want to kill my streak, but since you found out my little secret…” He grinned a crazier grin as he rose his scissors. “…I must kill you as well!”

            Then he just froze. Tadashi’s grin dropped. “W-What the hell?” A ghost peaked over his shoulder and smiled at me; it was Lexi. Heh. It’s nice to see ghosts be helpful for once. Lexi knocked the scissors out of Tadashi’s hand, making it fall and slid across the floor. “My scissors!”

            “Your scissors, huh?” Mrs. Jackson picked up the scissors and smiled. “After I wash these off, I could use them. My old scissors are broken.”

            Tadashi was just as shocked as I was; maybe he was even more shocked than I was. “Old hag? H-How did you-?”

            “How old and useless do you think I am, Coach Tadashi? Or should I just call you Tadashi?” Mrs. Jackson picked up the poison container. “This poison only works if it’s swallowed and digested so it was just under my tongue until I spit it out just now. I know that one of the effects of this poison is that it makes you sleepy so of course I had to pretend to faint. I didn’t want to be another dead victim of yours and I knew either those ghosts or Jake would come help so I just cooperated ‘in fear’ and played dead. You’re not the only one who can act, Tadashi. You may see me as only a history teacher but I’m much more.” She looked at me. “You got your phone, right? Call the police.” I reach into my pocket for my phone.

            “You b***h!” Tadashi managed to get out of Lexi’s grasp and charged towards Mrs. Jackson. I guess he just forgot she had the scissors.

            The scissors plunged into Tadashi’s stomach, making him freeze in shock and pain. I would never wish harm on anyone but seeing this made me feel good in a way. Mrs. Jackson smiled. “Oopsie,” she said, jokingly. “Don’t make me put you to sleep.” Tadashi fell to his knees, still in shock. “Jake, call the ambulance as well. We can explain everything to the police when we get to the station.”

 

***

 

            “Ah, so that’s what happened?” The police officer leaned back into his chair. “Ay, these cases were just strange. After Mr. Tadashi gets out of the hospital, we’ll put him on trial.” He smiled at me. “What you did was very brave. That was dangerous for you to get involved in the cases but you were able to solve them. I bet you would make a great detective. How about you come testify in court when the trial happens?”

            I stared at the ground. “Um, well…”

            “I think Jake has already done enough for these cases.” I looked at Mrs. Jackson surprised. “I’ll testify for the both of us.”

            “That’s fine by me. I know a very good lawyer so I’ll call him to see if he can come to the trial. It’s getting late so I’ll let you two go for now.” The officer looked at me. “Stay safe, kid.” I nod and Mrs. Jackson and I head out of the station.

            Mrs. Jackson looked at me. “Now time to go home, huh? It’s been a weird past few weeks. I’m glad this is all over and done with.”

            I nod in agreement and smile; I smiled at someone for once. “I’m glad too. Those ghosts finally got justice and can finally rest in peace.” I grinned. “And I wouldn’t mind if a rumor goes around in the school that the loner solved the cases,” I joked.

            Mrs. Jackson laughed. “You’re a strange kid. Oh, here. I almost forgot.” She took a piece of paper from her pocket and handed it to me. “I saw this as we were heading out of Tadashi’s office. I think it’s for you.”

            The note had three simple words: Thank you, Jake.

© 2021 Dami


Author's Note

Dami
As this is my first story, I would like some feedback. Thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This would make for a very nice and new stage one at, three scene play. The words flow so well and the description of each character was so well rounded, please consider what you have written here to make a great stage play and even a great podcast story telling.

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 19, 2020
Last Updated on April 25, 2021

Author

Dami
Dami

TX



About
Hello! I’m Damitris and I like to write. I hope I can become a writer one day. more..

Writing