The Exchange

The Exchange

A Screenplay by Daniel Seal - Seal Services
"

The general story of this script is about 4 men who meet up to arrange payment for drugs and other illegal goods. However, there appears to be a traitor among the group who seems to want the goods for himself. What will become of the traitor if found out

"

The Exchange

 

By Daniel Seal

 

 

Cast

 

Jason Trent

David Nebwood

Alex Zikari

Warren Lenson

Wirral

 

Italics – Stage directions

 

SCENE 1 - PARK HOUSE, NIGHT TIME AROUND 10PM

 

 

Scene takes place in Hooton. Park House. 3 men.

JASON TRENT, DAVID NEBWOOD & WARREN LENSON

 

David is in the kitchen by the sink washing his hands.

Warren is in the next room playing snooker.

Jason is playing darts.

 

Driveway scene. A car arrives in the driveway. ALEX ZIKARI opens the door and gets out. He looks up at the house. He gets out his phone and starts texting. Jason’s phone bleeps and he checks it.

 

Jason:

He’s here. Get Dave together in the conservatory. I’ll be back in a sec.

 

Warren:

Yeah ok.
Warren turns out the snooker light and walks towards the kitchen whilst Jason exits through the games room door to the outside. Warren talks to Dave.

 

Warren:

Dave, it’s time for “The Exchange”.

 

They go into the conservatory. Meanwhile, Jason, outside walks up to the car where Alex is.

 

Jason:

Hey Alex! How you doin’?

 

Alex:

Oh hi yeah! Fine.

 

Jason:

You got the stuff then?

 

Alex:

It’s all here.

 

Jason:

Good. We’ll be in the conservatory.

 

Alex opens the boot/trunk of the car while Jason goes back inside.

 

SCENE 2 - CONSERVATORY

 

 

Jason, David & Warren are sat round a table. There is a long pause as they all look at each other whilst waiting. Alex enters through the back conservatory doors carrying a package and puts it in the centre of the table.

 

Another long pause, the 3 men stare at the package then at Alex. Warren reaches into his pocket and takes out a handful of money and goes to give it to Alex.

 

Jason grabs Warren’s arm and stops him. Jason opens up the package and looks inside. He takes out several capsules of drugs, a gun, an empty wallet and cookies etc. He passes one of the drug capsules to Dave to try. Dave snorts the bottle and after a few seconds, falls off his chair. He gets back up. The rest of the men smile/laugh. Jason signifies to Warren to now give Alex the money. Jason shuts the package, seals it back up with tape, stands up, shakes hands with Alex and walks out of the conservatory back into the kitchen. The others do the same.

SCENE 3 – KITCHEN, LATER THAT NIGHT

 

 

The 4 men are standing around the central table. Cans/bottles of beer, food etc are laid on the table. Jason proposes a toast.

 

Jason:

Here is to “The Exchange”. Cheers!

 

A lot of talking and laughing is going on. Jason’s phone rings, he leaves the room and answers it.

 

Jason:

Hmmm. Withheld number

(he answers it)

Hello?

 

Voice:

Jason Trent?

 

Jason:

Yeah this is Jason. Who is this?

 

Voice:

I am known as Wirral.

 

Wirral:

I’ve heard a lot about you guys and so…I wanna make a deal.

 

Jason:

A deal? What you sellin?

 

Wirral:

Marijuana, Weed you name it! If you are interested then meet me in Eastham Village at the rugby field tomorrow at 12 noon.

 

Jason:

How did you get my number?

 

Wirral:

Again that is not important. So you’ll be there tomorrow?

 

Jason:

Yes, yes of course. We never turn down a deal. How much we paying?

 

 Wirral:

It’ll be cheap, don’t worry…you’ll see.

 

Wirral hangs up. Jason walks back into the kitchen and calls out to the others.

 

Jason:

Guys! We have another deal.

 

David:

Oh cool, what is it?

 

Jason:

Marijuana, Weed and other goods. He said he will be selling it to us cheap so I’ll tell you one thing, it’s sure to make us quite a few bob when we come to selling it eh? Ha, ha!

 

Warren:

Who was it that called you Jay?

 

Jason:

Someone who called himself Wirral. Anyway we’re meeting him tomorrow at noon in Eastham Village at the rugby field so we best get an early night. You all stayin’ over?

 

All:

Yeah! Why not? Ok! Sure. Etc.

 

Jason picks up the package on the other table in the kitchen and leaves the room. The others follow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SCENE 4 - UPSTAIRS BEDROOMS, THE NEXT MORNING

 

 

One room upstairs. Alex and Warren are sleeping. Alex suddenly wakes up, looks to his left where Warren is. He is fast asleep. Alex gets out of bed and creeps across the landing. He then sneaks down the stairs into the green lounge where he picks up the cordless landline phone and dials a number.

 

Alex:

Hello? Wirral? It’s Alex. Everything going to plan? Good! I’ll make sure the house is empty for you to get in and take the drugs. The package is in the green coloured lounge under the table.

(pause)

My car keys will be in the same place. Take the package and put it in the car! I’ll leave the side door open for you.

(pause)

Yes

(he gets out a piece of paper)

 

I’ve got a copy of your list of deals of the people we’ve stolen from and those that are yet to come. You might as well mark this deal off on your list

(pause)

Ok…text me when the job’s done. Seeya later.

 

He hangs up the phone. Takes out his car keys and puts them on top of the package and leaves the room.

 

**Black Fadeout**

 

SCENE 5 – CONSERVATORY, LATER THAT MORNING

 

 

The 4 men are sitting around the table. Jason is talking to them.

 

Jason:

So you all got that yeah? Everyone got the plan?

 

All:

Yeah! No problem! Sounds good etc.

 

David:

Should be a good deal!

 

Jason:

Indeed

(pause)

Ok then, ready?

 

All:

YEAH!

 

Jason:

Then let’s move out!

 

They all put on their shoes, coats etc and leave the house.

 

Jason:

Alex, lock up for us mate. Cheers.

 

Jason throws him the key and continues walking away. Alex turns and pretends to lock the door. Instead he leaves the door slightly ajar. He follows on, walking with the men to Eastham Village.

 

SCENE 6 - EASTHAM VILLAGE/RUGBY FIELD

 

They eventually arrive at the park in Eastham Village. Obviously, Wirral does not show. Time passes.

 

Warren:

He should be here by now.

 

David:

Where the hell is he?

 

                         Alex:  

I don’t think he’s coming Jay.

 

Jason:

He said he’d be here.

 

Warren:

You sure this is the right place?

 

Jason:

Yes. We’ll wait 10 more minutes and if he doesn’t show, we go ok?

 

Meanwhile, Wirral arrives walking up the Park House driveway and enters through the side door that Alex left open. He searches a few rooms and then enters the green coloured lounge and takes the package and car keys. He leaves the house and gets in the car. He then gets out his phone and texts Alex.

 

Back with Jason and the others. Alex’s phone bleeps off. As he reads the text, Jason secretly looks over his shoulder and notices it says “Alex, it’s Wirral. The drugs from Park House are in the back of your car”.

 

Jason:

What the F**K does that say?

 

Alex looks at Jason and then quickly runs off.

 

Jason:

GUYS STOP HIM!!!

 

They chase after him.

Chase scene, back the same way they all walked. Alex phones Wirral while he is running.

 

Wirral:

Hello?

 

Alex:

WIRRAL, START UP THE CAR! THEY’VE FOUND OUT! COME AND PICK ME UP QUICK!! I’M RUNNING DOWN RIVACRE ROAD! HURRY!

 

Wirral hangs up, starts the car and takes off. The chase is still on. Whilst running, Alex falls and drops Wirral’s list without realising it. Eventually Wirral arrives, Alex quickly gets in the car.

 

Alex:

GO! GO! GO!

 

The men try and stop the car but fail. Alex and Wirral take off in the opposite direction.

 

Jason:

S**T!!! THOSE B******S!

 

Warren picks up the list.

 

Warren:

Jay look, Alex dropped this.

 

Jason looks at the list.

**Black Fadeout**

 

SCENE 7 - PARK HOUSE, OUTSIDE CONSERVATORY – THE NEXT DAY

 

 

Jason is sat on a bench holding Alex’s copy of the deals list and reading it.

 

Warren:

I got your text, so what’s the plan then?

 

Jason:

Right, Alex and Wirral are meeting someone today at 2pm in Eastham Woods to arrange another deal. We need to take out the guy they’re meeting and then have a showdown with Alex and Wirral. Now, Dave is inside watching the house in case anyone breaks in, we’ll deal with Alex and Wirral.

 

Warren:

Yeah sure.

 

Jason:

Wait here a sec.

 

Jason runs over to the garden shed and gets out several tools including a baseball bat, lead pipe among other weapons. Jason picks up the baseball bat.

 

Jason:

Take what you need, let’s go!

 

They leave.

 

SCENE 8 - BROMBOROUGH WOODS

 

 

A man is standing in the woods waiting for Alex and Wirral. Jason and Warren arrive unnoticed. Jason sneaks up behind the man and knocks him out.

 

Jason:

Right let’s hide him somewhere.

 

They pick up the man and exit in the opposite direction. Jason and Warren wait behind the trees until Alex and Wirral arrive. Time passes. The men arrive.

 

Alex:

He’s late. He should be here by now.

 

Wirral:

And we have another deal later tonight too.

Jason and Warren enter through the pathway behind Alex and Wirral, hiding their weapons.

 

Jason:

Expecting someone guys?

 

Alex:

What the hell?

 

Wirral:

How the hell did you find us.

 

Jason holds up the deals list.

 

Alex:

How did you get that? That was my list.

 

Jason:

You dropped it yesterday when you fled like a little wuss.

 

Warren:

TRAITOR!!!

 

Jason:

You b******s planned this all along. It was you Alex that gave Wirral my number. No one EVER cons me!

 

Alex:

Oh just f**k off! You guys are too cheap and I was sick of it, you deserved what you got.

 

Jason:

IT ENDS HERE, WE WANT OUR DRUGS BACK!

 

Wirral:

Ha! Well if you want them, then take them from us!

 

Wirral takes off his jacket and Alex changes into a fighting stance. Jason looks at Warren and nods knowingly. Warren nods back. Jason and Warren walk towards the 2 men and strike at them. Having not noticed the baseball bat, Wirral is hit and goes down for a moment but fights back, Wirral and Alex eventually get rid of Jason’s and Warren’s weapons. Fist fights begin.

 

End of fight scene. As Alex is constantly punching Warren in the face, on the 5th swing, Warren stabs him. He dies. After eventually fighting off Jason. Wirral runs over to the car. He opens up the boot/trunk and gets out the gun from the package. After a struggle, Jason ends up shooting Wirral. He dies.

 

Jason and Warren put the bodies in the boot/trunk. Shake hands and then drive off in Alex’s car.

 

 

The End

 

Copyright 2007

© 2008 Daniel Seal - Seal Services


Author's Note

Daniel Seal - Seal Services
All comments are appreciated. Let me know what you think and by all means, be critical.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
1 Review
Added on August 9, 2008

Author

Daniel Seal - Seal Services
Daniel Seal - Seal Services

Cheshire, North West, United Kingdom



About
My name is Dan and I live in the North West of the UK. I have lived in several different countries over the years such as Thailand, Malaysia, Bahrain, USA among others. I am currently studying acting .. more..

Writing