Not Dancing

Not Dancing

A Story by Dana Walker
"

Based on Lilly McFerrin's weekly challenge, 5 sentence fiction.

"

FSF " Five Sentence Fiction

9 November 2013

Word inspiration:  Dancing

 

NOT DANCING


“Dancing,” Mildred whispered as she rolled her eyes at the childish antics of her aged contemporaries, “is the gateway to sin, the Baptists say.”


Rosemary nodded, stretching a swollen gouty ankle, “My parents wouldn’t allow it and I never did have time for that, what with all the work I do for other people, you know.  Why, I have spent my entire life not dancing, and I am glad for it and my corns are glad, too.”


“Speaking of feet, how is Mr. Booty’s paw?” Mildred asked.


“Well, Mr. Booty ran away, just up and left on his three good paws, disappeared, vanished, leaving me and the kitties fretting and worrying,” Rosemary lied, making a mental note to check again under the beds, behind the clothes dryer and in between the stacks of magazines, church programs, and empty Purina cat food bags for the missing cat’s body.

© 2013 Dana Walker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
Added on November 10, 2013
Last Updated on November 10, 2013
Tags: dancing happy cat catlady

Author

Dana Walker
Dana Walker

Lawton, OK



About
As today is the first day of the rest of my life, I have decided that I am a writer and artist. I have a 40+ hour a week hobby as a pharmacist. Writers write, painters paint. So here we are. Let's.. more..

Writing