Harvest Blood Moon

Harvest Blood Moon

A Poem by D Michel
"

A reflective view of the moon and the loneliness it must feel.

"

Harvest Blood Moon


Alone in state of quiet and physical rest, but with a mind spinning in thought and inward reflection,  gazing eastward and up to the rising moon over the Wasatch.  What is the spectacle soon to unfold, but many would say the sign of the end �" yea, even The Harvest Blood Moon.  Alone, all alone… to watch, to think, to ponder, to feel, to be in awe and to mourn without a word of prayer.


As many, or certainly at least some, of the brotherhood & sisterhood of man is alone.  Alone to wander the paths of life, alone to experience wonder joy & beauty, alone to savior life’s pleasures and alone to carry the burdens of common man, alone. Alone to experience a harvest blood moon on warm early fall evening - from the first shadow cast to the full dawning a new moon.  How poignant the moon sits alone and isolated from in the heavenly mass.  Warmed and embraced at times by the distant sun.  Many look up to the moon by night with wide eyes and open hearts and see in it the reflections of ones loved elsewhere. The distances of the cast reflections bouncing off the lonely moon most certainly travels a distance far.  In reality though bouncing communication travels but a foot, across a valley or across the world.  Moonlit reflections can sooth, put at ease or they may turn as a dagger in the heart and mind of man.  Is there a common thread of moon and man?  


The full eclipse of the harvest blood moon is virtually non-discernable and is nor able to cast a reflection.  The light so dim, as if behind a deep and shadowy haze.  Now who notices the moon, none but a very select few.  Only those who dream and dare to cast their eyes upward and watch. Will there be some who lose a glance here or there with the distractions of life?  Do these select few even recognize the lonely moon?  Funny how alone can a man be surround by humanity �" yes even the brotherhood of God or even amongst those who never could have guessed such, alone.  Now the blood moon undiscerning to the untrained eye no rhyme and no reason in the sky. Cold cast by the earthly shadow the moon must feel, know well the rotation’s warm yet to reveal.  Perhaps to those alone the same fate my hold.  


Alone for most is not so much a choice, whereas for some it may be.  Certainly Webster could clearly define the meaning, but feeling most certainly not.   Empty, hollow, dismal, tear filled, solemn, reflective, angry, self-pity, dark, meaningless and without purpose.  The questions could be raised….  Could alone be a place? Is it a destination? Is there a progression? Could it be good?  What harms can it impose?  Is there cure? Is it a function of distrust or deceit?  Is there a purpose? Is it a curse?  Are there degree and what is the depth?  Is it progress, regressive, or even short lived?  Does it have a patterns and does it have cycles.  Why surely the harvest blood moon of fall in a regular occurrence.  Does it make a sound �" one of joy or one of sorrow?  Does it feel? How can it be recognized? What becomes of those alone? Is there a cry or is there a fate?   

Waiting, watching and pondering the fate of the moon on this warm fall night.  Mind knowing, but heart unsure, cowardly & filled with self-pride, the reflection of the brilliant bright moon will soon again be revealed, shortly �" very shortly. Yes, this be known that light follows dark as day follows night. First on the left and progressively to right till the whole will be filled with reflections of light to cast upon humanity with no reward or fame.  Did they take notice the route of the its flight.


So now at the dawn a day has begun the moon is hidden now and out of sight...  Alone, All Alone!

© 2015 D Michel


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on September 28, 2015
Last Updated on September 28, 2015
Tags: moon, harvest, blood, alone, all, thought, reflection, pain, hurt, empathy, compassion, fear, doubt, sun

Author

D Michel
D Michel

South Jordan, UT



About
Early 50 something, passionate, compassionate, empathetic. By nature I am fun loving, oh so creative, professional, and yet extremely personable. I do like to indulge the senses and captivate the mind.. more..

Writing