Between Me & You...

Between Me & You...

A Poem by D Michel
"

Love, Love Lost, Love Lost then Found(?)... Forever Grateful!

"

Between you & me you we’ve traveled along road in a short time.  Time does seem longer that what a calendar may state. Perhaps that’s the great reason for sorrow of heart!   Between me & you, no regrets in this traveling this road as there are so many great moments.  Isn’t that the only treasure one can hold at deaths door - moments, memories & experiences we fostered.   Between you & me, vividly I still see the beaming of your smile and the glisten of your eyes that drew me in when I first met you.  Wow " serendipity!  Crazy that we were never even supposed to go out.  Ya - Corny as it still may sound your “Good Look” really surpassed your “Good Looks.”  Now that is saying a lot as your looks are great! Yes, our worlds are different " in some ways a lot, but really not that far apart.   Between me & you, I would travel the road again.  Is this just a bend in the road or is a dead end?  Perspective for me keeps the pain in check, as I know I would never feel pain, unless there is joy.   The pain deepens when joy mingles with your love.


Between me & you dumbfounded I sit and think " what happened between you & me?  Fear, jealousy, time, mis-timing, mis-communication, difference in love language.  You - sweet texts with words of love and emoticons of smiles and kisses.   Me - reflections of that I showed your direction.  Still thinking of the communication gaps that existing the language of love.  I won’t deny my love then or even now.  Those words spoken not in vain. Has it changed " perhaps so.  How tragic is loss of love, passion & intensity.  Can the embers of love, passion & intensity be blown into and fostered in to an inferno " perhaps so. The battle of this thought so keenly in my mind, and perhaps even so for you.  In turmoil I sit.  In distress I write.  Clarity comes in solace of thought. Between me & you I become more aware and understanding of you as I write.  In these words there is clarity for my mind and warmth for my cold heart.


Are you the answer to all that I need, are you the answer - the answer for me?  Between you & me what do I need? I tossed and turned in contemplation in this regard.  Is it a love that really fights when things are tough, is it a love that “looks good” for me and me alone,  is it a love that cheers for me, is it a love  to see and understand the story behind the story, is it a love that understands alone, is it a love that embraces life, is it a love that seeks to share adventure, is it a love to share, is it a love grow, is it a love nurture, is it a love to refresh and invigorate, is it a love to mourn with, is it a love so intense one doesn’t want to leave, is it a love makes you feel a priority - even when perhaps you should not be, is it a love to keep one guessing.  Crazy, these things should not come as questions, but should be learned and experienced. Knowing better that love is a reflection you see.   Are you the answer to all that I need, are you the answer for me?


Common is the phrase “if a tree falls in forest and no one is around does it make a sound?”  If words written with care thought are shared and not read does it send a message?  


Between you & me there is always a futures.  Sometimes the futures requires letting go.  Between Me & You I need to let me know now - this is for you to figure out now.  Know as time passes and life consumes it is the nature of all man to lessen their suffering.  Smiles forever to you!


-     D. Michel, September 28, 2015

 

These words inspired by - music well worth listening to……


 Brandon Flowers (singer / songwriter) " song, Between Me & You


     And


Collective Soul " song, AYTA

© 2015 D Michel


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on September 30, 2015
Last Updated on September 30, 2015
Tags: love, passion, found love, lost, road, travel, sun, journey

Author

D Michel
D Michel

South Jordan, UT



About
Early 50 something, passionate, compassionate, empathetic. By nature I am fun loving, oh so creative, professional, and yet extremely personable. I do like to indulge the senses and captivate the mind.. more..

Writing