Window's lesson

Window's lesson

A by Daniel Bailey
"

Was just looking out of my University Dorm window and this came to my mind, sorry if it seems bizzare or gothic, ive just come out of a relationship.... of which the reasons why elude and avoid me.

"

 

I’m looking outside my window. The view stretches on for miles, till the end of the horizon, although it is instantly spoilt and maimed by the dark, brick monoliths that stretch upwards from a stretch of putrid green trees, darkened and deformed by the veil of dull polluted cloud that lingers lamely overhead. Street lamps start to light the worlds concrete labyrinth with the dim yellow glow as it grows ever darker, and my horizon fades. Rain begins to run between the cracks and crevices of the obelisks making my mood dank, droplets of the clouds hate stream across my window, as if to leap from the sight and attack me psychically rather than just injure me mentally.
 As the orange orb begins to make its decent behind the grotesque sight that burns my eyes, a beautiful orange glow beguiles my sight. Now of course by this hour whatever alcoholic beverage or spirit I have taken rather a fancy to seems to morph all reasoning and thinking in my intricate web of thought and i can see one of the many lessons of life in this hideous but yet fascinating vision. That this life may be hard and ugly, you can get lost very easily in the vastness of its malice and misdirection, although there are always some that will help you find your way, and light it for you as you continue your search towards your siren or goal. There is always light at the end of it and you will be happy at least once in your life, be it your childhood, adolescence or maturity you will find one simple act, or person that will let you smile.
I’m looking outside my window, the orange splendour is swallowed by the grey dull hating cloud, and a tear streams down my face. I knew what happiness was, and I Hope that it will captivate me once more.

© 2008 Daniel Bailey


Author's Note

Daniel Bailey
i need to start writing again, haven't been on this website for a while now and thought it would be nice to get some feedback on some of my stuff, so please be as harsh as you like

My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

Creative. I liked it. To come to mind, by just looking out a window is more impressive.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 5, 2008

Author

Daniel Bailey
Daniel Bailey

New Milton



About
Hello there and welcome to my profile. i am a new writer, i started writing about March of 2007, at the moment im writing a Fantasy style Science Fiction story called Niroth's Fable, the book is abou.. more..

Writing