Talk!

Talk!

A Poem by Nymphadora
"

i need someone to talk to.

"

Anything, just anything,
Talk, I’m begging, speak,
Trumpet it out,
I’ll listen.

 

Mere words can warm a soul,
They make sense,
Babble, gibber, prattle,
Anything, just anything.
 

© 2008 Nymphadora


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sometime to hear a voice can make us feel comfort and peace. I like the thoughts and the desire in your words. Thank you for the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


My sentiments exactly
Sometimes I turn on Sex in the City sitcoms and just cry over their girls friendships with each other
I want that, you know? not the crazy sex part..haha
just the girl friendships.....you know?
cheers,lea

Posted 15 Years Ago


That Was great and right to the point I really liked it =].

Was hoping for more, but you pretty much summed it up right there...

good job =]

Posted 15 Years Ago


"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."

This seems like a desperate write. Your ears long to hear a voice, any voice, any words. Something to grasp onto and save sanity. sound, not silence.

Though I truely believe poetry can be any length and still get all the emotions out, I do think that you could have elaborated on this more. :]

Good job, Nymphadora

Posted 15 Years Ago


That's charming. The words of human companionship, like kindling for a warm fire in the wilderness. Ha ha, it made me think of Saturday Nite Live, a comedy-satire show here in the States, don't know if you've heard of it. They did a skit about the latest O.J. Simpson robbery trial, trying to find jurors who had never heard of him (because he's widely believed to have gotten away with murder over a decade ago), and one of the candidates was a gibbering girl who couldn't speak, had been raised by wolves, could only make animal sounds. But even she SMELLED the murder on O.J., ha ha. "Babble, gibber, prattle,/Anything, just anything."

Posted 15 Years Ago


haha...so like you...

Posted 15 Years Ago


So well put, really feeling the desperation, the struggling, well done!

Posted 15 Years Ago


isn't it strange how disconnected we feel, how desperate we augur for the spoken word, the warmth of a personal human conversation in this world that enables us to communicate ever more effectively than before?

I always find that ironic and your poem reminded me of it - your poem is very relevant and easy to relate to.

Posted 15 Years Ago


A powerful piece. It feels like you are desperatly pleading and the emotion is brought forth in the power of this piece. Very well written! If you wish to talk to someone, I don't mind listening either. Thank you for sharing this lovely poem.
-Twilight

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 17, 2008
Last Updated on October 24, 2008

Author

Nymphadora
Nymphadora

iloilo, Philippines



About
A mere mortal living in the vast earthly space, nymphadora. Lays in me is a strong spirit, willed and never tormented. I write to achieve my ideals. If i cant reach my aspirations by grasping what rea.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..