I

I

A Chapter by n.r
"

introduction to characters

"
quote of the day
"Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace."
Please do not hesitate to leave a comment. 

+

January the first
The weather was terrific. God had given has such great weather on such a great day, It was sister Jude's wedding. 7 months of planning and finally it was here, sister Jude was now sitting on a chair beside her husband, laughing away. Sister Jude did not have a father, so she had asked my father if he would give her away and of course father could not say no. It would make him look like a monster, and that was not a good look. People would talk, and father would be shamed. 

I decided to take a short walk up the path, it lead to a beautiful meadow this was such a beautiful place to get married in. White daises covered the green blanket of grass. The bright yellow sun shone down on the twinkling blue river. There, by the river was a apple tree, I walked towards it and picked a apple that was colored red. Our town, Cosgrove, was filled with meadows and small shops. Our most prized possession was of course the Smith church, which my father owned. My father was well known and well respected, everyone looks up to him, as if he was god himself. He gives many lectures on how to be the perfect christian to the community and many, many times to me. I can recite every word from every lecture he had ever given me, since i was six i have had 326 lectures. 

after the party
Of course I must have made a mistake at the party, whether it was something i did or something i had said. There never has been something i had attended that i did not mess up somehow. Father was strict about every little detail, whether I coughed at the wrong time or I took one too many steps, there was always something. Do not get me wrong Father could be very nice, you know when he is sleeping.. to be honest I have never ever seen Father smile. It is as if he is full of hatred, it would be ridiculous if he was. I mean he is a very popular and well known person with a roof over his head, food in his stomach and money in his pocket. A family to come home to every day, a wife to love day and night, children to see grow up and carry on the family name. But nope there was always something else that just had to get in the way.

Truth is, Father does not really like me.. he was expecting a boy, I was his first child. Father believes girls are just a waste of time and money. That they cannot become what a man can.. I think otherwise. I believe men and women are equal. That we can do what ever the other one can. Except little things like way he reproduce and the way we grow. But skills wise I believe we can. 
But anyway that is all for today, I shall write again.. soon I hope. 

Eliza


© 2015 n.r


Author's Note

n.r
Opinions?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
Added on April 11, 2015
Last Updated on April 17, 2015
Tags: introduction


Author

n.r
n.r

Dunbar, United Kingdom



About
I am a 14 year old British girl who enjoys writing. I prefer fiction over non fiction. more..

Writing