CHAPTER 1 : Hunter

CHAPTER 1 : Hunter

A Chapter by TurtleClark

I have always hated this part. You know when you have to choose to run or fight. Somehow I always ended up making the wrong decision and getting myself and others hurt. 

Come on Hunt make a goddamned decision, there are only two minutes before they pounce and they are closing in on your location. I couldn't help but laugh as i pictured him tucked away in the van five miles away.

Shut up Logan! I'm pretty sure your not the one that could possibly be ripped to shreds by a giant beast creature! So if you don't mind give me a second. 

Whatever drama queen. Lets just hurry this along i have a date in about two hours, and i don't enjoy leaving the ladies waiting. His smile creeping through the headset. I rolled my eyes as i shut off my headset and grabbed my sword taking my stance as the pounding of paws became louder. A flash of fur flew before my eyes as i jumped out of the way barely escaping the beast giant paw as it knocked over the ancient oak that was standing behind me. Regaining my balance i gripped my sword raising it above my head as my heart began to beat in my ears louder than the bass on the Ferrari that drove past my house daily. I charged the beast as it whipped its head around to see me. Before i had the chance to blink i was lying on the ground 20 feet away. I could already feel the bruise that was blossoming on my lower back and neck. I rose cracking my neck as i searched for my sword before i heard the beast approaching. I began to run as fast as i could slowly unfastening my machine pistol from my inner thigh. I turned firing hitting him in the paw and neck before finally hitting him in the eye causing him to collapse on the ground. I turned as i caught my breath slowly approaching it as i fired two more bullets into its skull.

I think he's down dude. I said as i felt to see if he was breathing.

Okay I'll be there in few minutes. I've got the back roads all mapped out.

Okay dude I'll see you soon. I turned retracing my steps so i could locate my sword.. I reached into the pocket of my cargo's to grab my night vision goggles as the few rays of light began to disappear. Suddenly i heard the snapping of branches of to my left, i ran in that direction stopping suddenly as i saw the figure of little girl approaching a small hole in the ground slowly lowering her and my sword inside. If hadn't known this forest so well I would've simply approached the child but for all i knew she could've transformed into a beast worse than the one i had already killed.

Where are you? Logan asked as i began to head back to the clearing.

I'm on my way. i replied as i broke out into a sprint. At least this job would keep me in shape.

Well hurry up cause Arielle is waiting and i smell like dog.

I approached the van Didn't you just go out with Chelsea two days ago?

Chelsea wasn't a good fit. But i have a feeling about Arielle, she has really pretty eyes and her hair falls beautifully.......

Wait, I'm the gay one here right? i asked with a smirk.

Ha Ha screw you dude. At least i have a date tonight.

Well i'm Having a threesome with Ben and Jerry.

Bro just because your gay doesn't mean you have to be a hermit. I mean if you want i could go to one of those gay bars with you.

As appealing as the offer is I think I'll have to decline. He shrugged turning towards the highway and home.


****


The hot water hit my back immediately rinsing off the mud and relaxing my muscles. I winced as it ran along my fresh bruise. As i put shampoo in my hair i heard the doorbell ring. Midnight on a Friday......i was pretty certain everyone i knew, which was very few people, were out having fun or in bed. I decided to simply take my time if it was important they could wait. The ringing continued as i allowed the water to run cold. I wrapped the towel securely around my waist as i approached the door grabbing another to dry my hair.

Hold on i'm coming. 

I yanked the door open. Really big brother you can't even bother to get dressed to open the door? her smirk forming the signature robins smirk. 

Lana! grabbing her and forcing her into a giant bear hug. What are you doing here summer break doesn't start for another week, and i'm pretty sure mom wouldn't let you travel on your own. The same exact smirk reaching my face. I moved allowing her to enter and grabbing her bags. She moved past me looking down at the floor, awwww so the problem child returns, i thought watching her as she squirmed under the wait of my questions. Lana, what did you do this time? i plopped onto the couch.

I might have gotten suspended......or you know expelled. I stared at her the same way mom would've. Okay,okay stop with the look. I got expelled after finals do my junior year is at least finished. I just have to make sure they transfer everything. Really Hunt, stop the look! And i swear to God if you tell mom I will skin you alive! She had said that in her attempt to be scary....it didn't work very well. It took every ounce of kindness i had not to laugh in her face. Really little sis, did that scary anyone at school? You can stay for the summer, and you get the honor of telling my yourself. You know where the guest room is. I'm going to bed, see you in the morning. I walked away leaving her to carry her suitcases up the two flights of stairs.



© 2013 TurtleClark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What I want to know is the location (this forest) / environment of where this scene is at better, maybe as I continue to read the chapters I understand this mystical land?.. Swords,guns,headsets, is Hunt a kind of commando ninja assassin character! :D Ferrari's passing his house blasting music, so there's a sense of realism to it too which tells me their still on earth. :D I would love if you filled in a little more of the environment before jumping into the scenario of the fight scene,just a suggestion, okay as I read on now i know their in a realistic world with gay bars and now i really want to get to know these characters and this place with beast like transformable animals, keep writing its good, really good so far.. a few spelling/grammar mistakes but i'm sure this isn't a final draft so yeah keep writing send me a RR to the next chapter, xoxo Kee.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Great opening but very confusing! Are they werewolves that can read each other's minds like in Twilight? I love the idea and the action but without much back story it can be hard to follow. I felt you were excited when writing this (for obvious reasons)! So maybe you could go back and slow it down a little?

Posted 11 Years Ago


ooh, good job so far! i wonder how she got expelled.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like the start, interesting so far!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I think you did well here, might be worth not using I so much, put in a bit more punctuation, all in all a good story that races along.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What I want to know is the location (this forest) / environment of where this scene is at better, maybe as I continue to read the chapters I understand this mystical land?.. Swords,guns,headsets, is Hunt a kind of commando ninja assassin character! :D Ferrari's passing his house blasting music, so there's a sense of realism to it too which tells me their still on earth. :D I would love if you filled in a little more of the environment before jumping into the scenario of the fight scene,just a suggestion, okay as I read on now i know their in a realistic world with gay bars and now i really want to get to know these characters and this place with beast like transformable animals, keep writing its good, really good so far.. a few spelling/grammar mistakes but i'm sure this isn't a final draft so yeah keep writing send me a RR to the next chapter, xoxo Kee.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very nice. I do recommend giving this a once-over to catch those multiple grammar and spelling mistakes I see, but overall this is a great plot with great characters that I can hardly wait to get to know better. :)

I look forward to reading more of this!

Posted 11 Years Ago


enjoy =)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 20, 2012
Last Updated on January 11, 2013
Previous Versions


Author

TurtleClark
TurtleClark

Harrisburg, PA



About
Who are we truly? We walk through this expanse of life that we are given blind to what is truly surrounding us. There are few who see it all, who look beyond what is solely in front of them and they a.. more..

Writing
Eat Eat

A Poem by TurtleClark


Fear Fear

A Poem by TurtleClark


Tatoo Tatoo

A Story by TurtleClark



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..