My Own Secret Heaven

My Own Secret Heaven

A Chapter by Krithika

The clouds turning from black to white as the sun peeks out from behind the clouds. The sun’s rays glazing the grass blades making the dew drops on them glow. The birds chirping their lovely song, I jerk forward when my dog tugs on to the leash while I stand there enjoy my surrounding. I kneel down to take out the hook from its collar to let it run around freely. I stand there and watch as it runs behind one of the squirrel that has come out in search of nuts while the other stays back on the bushy branch munching on a nut that it held between its small paws. After a while of seeing my dog run around I walk further into the park lost in my own thoughts.

Not noticing my surrounding while I walk, I walk into the clearing which was hidden behind the tree line. The clearing was absolutely breathtaking. The grass was cut short with different flowers bedding in it. A few trees scattered around with tiny bushes around it. Just in middle of the clearing was a pond, its crystal clear not a ripple on it. The pond being the mirror of the the trees, the autumn season leaves with a hint spring too. Illuminating a fading rainbow on the glistering water. I slowly lie down on the thick emerald grass and gaze upon to the clear sky. The clouds moving on to its own accord and the birds flying in between them.  I close my eyes with a thought running in my head, “my own secret heaven.” 



© 2017 Krithika


Author's Note

Krithika
Imagine youself in that position and read the chapter

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's not hard to imagine when you limn it so well. Tyfs!!! It was a delight to read!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Krithika

6 Years Ago

thank you......hope u enjoy my other writings too.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
1 Review
Added on October 12, 2017
Last Updated on October 12, 2017


Author

Krithika
Krithika

Banglore, India



Writing
Fade Fade

A Poem by Krithika