Prelude

Prelude

A Chapter by David= keeping it real.
"

ITS S'POSED TO PULL YOU IN

"

 

 

Prelude

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

      The being followed a group of stubby dwarves, each so small, and so much tinier in comparison, a passersby would assume that the party were simply a slow load, and the tall hooded figure directly behind them, was simply in a hurry. The being was so tall, he seemed to tower miles above their heads. The hood cast over his face hid the direction of sunlight, leaving his features shaded and basically invisible. He walked almost majestically, in a smooth, aligning manner, almost haling compared to the obviously many an unintelligent species of dwarf. Thinwood dwarves, they were, and not the brightest of all species as well. They hurdled along a path upward toward a large tree.

       The little dwarves, not too big for dwarf even, waddled, and hastily they hurried to their destination. One by one, the unintelligent party hurdled on and one by one, they disappeared within the shade of the huge, strange looking tree, whose bark was a strange black shade of color. The hooded being fallowed, still behind, at the exact same rate he had previously, for the last few miles. Steadily, his staff led the way, guiding him, almost.

       Until he reached the great tree, did he finally notice the liveliness of the atmosphere. It was midday, the sun shone brightly, and was hot, considering the being’s long, thick robe; though it would not make much of a difference, because this being rarely extracted the piece of clothing. It was rather loud, due to many signs of life within this magnificent piece of nature. Birds could be heard chirping away, and other small creatures clamored loudly in its vast branches, almost hidden completely in the mask of green.

       Waiting for the being at the tree’s thick trunk, was a slightly taller dwarf, though obviously shorter than the hooded being towering high overhead.  The being nodded. The dwarf, perhaps the leader of his party of small dwarves, gave the man a toothy grin, and bowed. He did it almost perfectly, in a sort of un-editable trance of grace. Though, it seemed too perfect. The dwarf turned to face the trunk of the tree, but not before commenting,

        “Afternoon, m’ master, on this fine day. I am thankful to even be in thy presence. You are looking very, very, really  well today.” He turned and pulled a wooden key from inside his clothing. His vocabulary and concept of “complementation” was obviously outdated, or never learned very well.

         The small purple gem on the being’s staff lit up slightly and a crystalline sparkle shimmered in his darkened eye. The tree’s trunk opened abruptly and led to a spiral wooden stair case leading underground, and, except for a few torches dimly brightening the pathway, was darkness. Soon the band of waddling dwarves almost three feet below the hooded being walked single file into the entrance. The proud dwarf gestured to the pathway, and smiled that fake, structured smile. Something strange was occurring, and the man had something to do with it. He entered the tree, grinning an odd grin. He pulled back his hood to reveal a human male, with short black hair, obviously, recently shaved.

         As he entered, he noticed the dwarf’s happy, thoughtless face shattered, and a worried estranged one appeared. He looked around, over each shoulder, and even upward to the branches and into the thick of the trees. The being acknowledged the dwarf, who closed the tree as quickly as possible. He looked as though he had a dilemma, like someone was always watching. As though, the dwarf were up to something which could get him killed— and that’s exactly the way it seemed.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2008 David= keeping it real.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on November 12, 2008


Author

David= keeping it real.
David= keeping it real.

San Diego, man!, CA



About
i write fantasy at school and such. i take this seriously as all should do when writing. amen brother. amen. I am 13 years old, but dont back away from my writings and such because of my age. I find m.. more..

Writing