Good Vibes 6

Good Vibes 6

A Story by Reese Applewood

Good Vibes Book 6






Davina's Return



Prolouge


Davina stood on the edge of the hill, trying to look confident and still do it right. The loner, Pitch had taught her how to do this, but now she was so nervous she was afraid of screwing up.

She had been gone for a long time, hanging out with Pitch but she knew after he taught her to contact home.

The wind blew through her fur and her torn Adidas tank top.

Closing her eyes, she managed to go far enough to talk to Maine again.

<i> Are you there, Maine? </i>

She paused.

<i> Are you there?</i>

No reply. Davina hoped she was doing this right.

<i> Are you OK? </i>

<i> Am I home? </i>

No one was there.

<i> Look at me... look at me please... </i>

Trailing off of what Pitch had taught her, her thoughts began to backmask.

<i> Turn me on.... turn me on.</i>



Chapter 1




Only A Vision





Startled, Davina woke in her bed.

It was just like any morning, except next to her was Maine and the others.

"Oh, thank God... are you all right, Davina?" Maine asked her.

"I'm fine," Davina replied, even though she was not.

"I just feel like I've been through the wars."

"You must have had a dream." Bluestar told her.

Not a dream. A <i> vision. </i>

"Where was I?" Davina asked.

Bluestar bit her lip.

"You passed out yesterday. And then we took you to the E.R.. and.."

"And what?" Davina asked Maine, who looked less disheveled then Bluestar.

They kept you there for a couple of days, and you got diagnosed with some heart disease."

"A septal defect."

<i> Samsara, thy name is Bluestar. </i>

Chapter 2





Paul Is Dead




At first Davina didn't understand. Ventricular septal defect is a heart disease. Her family didn't have any history of heart disease.. except for now, she guessed.

"Ventricular septal defect is a heart disease," Bluestar explained, even though Davina already knew what it was.

"It's where your heart gets a hole in it. You'll need to get surgery to get it fixed."

Davina nodded solemnly. Maine vanished for a short moment, and then returned into Davina's room with a glass of cola and a small packet of Sour Punch Straws.
"I got you these," she told her. "And a few friends."

 Outside in the hall, four cats stood in the hallway. A gray tom motioned over the others, and they strode down the hallway in a fashion normally reserved for dictators and movie stars.

A small black she-cat named Ravenstep, an grey tom called Jaystripe, a grey she-cat named Echogaze and a ginger tom called Redmist stepped into the room. They were Davina's friends from a long time ago.

"Where's Gingerstar?" Davina asked reluctantly.

"Setting up patrols," Ravenstep replied. "He said he wished he could come but he was too busy thinking about something."

"What?" Davina asked again.

"Making Redmist-nevermind."

Redmist turned to the old tom. "What, Jaystripe?"

"Eh, nothing." He forced a smile.
 
"Anyways," Echogaze continued, "Ravenstep wanted to help with healing you. Not with surgery, though."

"Thank God," Ravenstep said. Davina knew that Ravenstep was not the one to handle such pressure.

Davina looked at all of them. "So what have you been doing in my apartment?"

"Nothing really." Redmist told her. "Just playing records backwards and watching sitcoms."

"Paul is dead man! Miss him! Miss him!" Davina quipped, starting to enjoy herself.

Ravenstep took a small vial out of her handbag. "Mix this with your drink." she told Davina. She took the bottle, and let a little trickle into her drink. Sipping her cola, she said, "I think this is going to be a long day."





Chapter 3



A Triumph



Davina woke early. Taking her laptop, she went back on Yahoo Answers. Logging in, she noticed her question about her disease had a few new answers.

 
The septum is a wall that separates the heart's left and right sides. Septal defects are sometimes called a "hole" in the heart. A defect between the heart's two lower chambers (the ventricles) is called a ventricular septal defect (VSD).


It didn't help her, but now she knew the technical terms.

She spent a long time on her laptop.

A few hours later, Maine walked in.

"Busy?" she asked.

"Nope. Just kinda bored." Davina replied.

"It's raining, and that's about it. And Halloween is in a few days."

"Mm." Davina replied.

"I think that Bluestar is worried. Like really worried." Maine told her.

"Yeah, I think she's pretty spooked."

"Davina, are you scared, at all?"

"I guess.. but you're too busy trying to make yourself better to be worried."

"I'm pretty sure you're gonna be okay."

"You think?" she asked.

Maine nodded.

"Jaystripe told me that Redmist was going to have to be deputy someday. He's the best cat for the job."

"If I were him, I would say the same thing. Redmist is kind, young, and just good for the job."

Davina paused. "Can I get up?"

Maine told her, "It's a mess in your apartment. I wouldn't."

Without replying, Davina forced herself out of bed and went down the hall to the living room.

Yes, it was cluttered, but cluttered like it always was, until Davina walked into the kitchen.

"YOU RAIDED THE FRIDGE?"



Chapter 4







Redmist's Fate




Back online, Davina was inside a chat room with a few friends.


bluejayway: anyone online?

kiki: Me, what's up Davi?

rin: I'm on too. What's up?

bluejayway: vsd.

killdorathexplorer: omg seriously?

bluejayway: yeah, I know it sucks but I'm fine, it's just... serious.

killdoratheexplorer: is ravenstep taking care of you?

bluejayway: ravenstep, redmist, echogaze, and jaystripe.

kiki: Where is Gingerstar, then?

bluejayway: setting up patrols.

flamekit: What's up, girls?

bluejayway: I got diagnosed with vsd. :|

flamekit: I don't know what that is.

killdoratheexplorer: it's like where you get a hole in your ventricular chamber, or whatever it's called. it's a heart disease.

flamekit: Davina, your family doesn't have any history of heart disease, does it?

bluejayway: I looked at my family medical records. my sister had it.

flamekit: oh.

rin: on the bright side.. isn't it your birthday, kiki?

kiki: Yes.. how'd you know?

rin: I just knew.

bluejayway: happy birthday, kiki.

kiki: Thanks... xD. Hope you get better, Davina.

bluejayway: Thanks.

Davina logged out, wishing that made her feel better.

Maine came back into the room, soon followed by the others.

Redmist was staring at Jaystripe.

"I wanted all of you to know this." Jaystripe told all of them.

Bluestar shifted her weight to her other foot. "Is Gingerstar all right with this?"

"He'll accept this. He's a good leader of FireClan."

Redmist hadn't said anything.

"You're a good cat, Redmist. You deserve my own role. Once I head to the ranks of StarClan..." he paused,

"I think you need to be Gingerstar's deputy."


To Be Continued

© 2008 Reese Applewood


Author's Note

Reese Applewood
Hi everyone, this idea was by my friend Sav and I wrote the actual story, so I'm giving her some credit. She doesn't want an account because she thinks her identity will get stolen or something. But here's a message from her, and I try to comment in her view of things because it's fun for everyone.


"If you are wondering what the heck the cats are, they are little paper cats that I have created. I have total control over them so PLEASE don't steal my idea (with Maine and Davina and all). Go to my blog (littlekittyandfriends.blogspot.com) for more information if you're REALLY curious. And please comment if you are a member! The author is READING this..."

hehe, she's a ton of fun, ain't she?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on August 17, 2008

Author

Reese Applewood
Reese Applewood

Somewhere (I'm not telling!)



About
I love to read and write. I also like advice on my writing, so this is the main reason I signed up. :) I love the Beatles so much so you might find some stuff about them. more..

Writing