Good Vibes Book 1

Good Vibes Book 1

A Story by Reese Applewood
"

The first book in the Good Vibes Series. By a private author referring to herself as "Sav." Not by my, by her.

"

Prologue

“Truly, Maine; you're acting so weird about it.”

Maine and her friend Davina were at the second annual Westwood Track Meet. All the young students at Westwood Street School were gathered there.

“I'm not sure if I wanna race,” Maine mewed nervously.

“Really, it's fun,” Davina protested. “Besides, I got you one of those Adidas Competition tank tops – you'll love it.”

She handed Maine a white and black Adidas top and Maine put it on.

The two cats walked over to the stands and Davina ran over to her duffel bag. She took a mahogany Adidas top out of the bag and strapped it on. Then, Davina darted out to the track. Maine had no choice but to follow her.

“Don't worry,” Davina meowed. “You're such a fast runner; there's no way you're going to get beaten.”

It was true. Maine was a very fast runner when the cats played freeze-tag.

She shrugged and followed Davina onto the track. When she finally arrived at the starting line, Maine took a deep breath and looked around her.  

Sir Noodles, the new track team's coach, stood next to the track.

“On your mark...get set...GO!” he mewed.

Maine took off, her shirt waving in the wind. Next to her was her friend Davina, who seemed to have trouble catching up.

“You're fast,” Davina meowed, almost out of breath.

Maine winked and she took off. This time, she was next to Swirltail, a brown tom-cat that was one of her best friends.

She passed him by and saw that she was almost at the finish line.

Maine jumped for the finish line, and suddenly she crashed into Patch, a purple she-cat, and suddenly the world was black and Maine thought she was dead...

Chapter 1

It was dark outside and two cats were sitting outside chatting. Their names were Hearts and Sparks.

“You should have seen it all,” Hearts mewed. “It was quite a crash.”

Suddenly, a blue she-cat with a large pink star on her belly rushed over. She was holding a mahogany Adidas tank top in her right paw.

“I hope Maine's okay,” Hearts meowed to the blue she-cat.

“Yeah,” the blue-she cat replied. “That's really the first time I've ever seen that happen on the track.”

Hearts looked around and then she climbed into her hammock.

The blue she-cat nodded peacefully; then she and Sparks went into the cats' house. After they left, a limping white, purple, and yellow she-cat opened the gate to the patio and sat down in a lawn chair.

“Where'd everyone go?” Her voice was dry and painful.

“They all left,” Hearts meowed, climbing out of the hammock. “Maine, would you like some citrus Fresca?”

“Love it.”

The blue she-cat suddenly came out with some citrus Fresca. She told the two cats that she had heard them talking.

“Thanks, Davina,” the white she-cat mewed.

“Of course,” Davina meowed, her voice tender and loving. “I would serve you anytime and any day, Maine.”

Maine looked up at Davina, who took off Maine's white and black tank top.

“Someday you'll make a fine racer,” Davina mewed, “But for now, it's the ER room.”

Davina picked up Maine and rushed over to the patio gate. She opened it and closed it with her one paw and then rushed into the city.

Chapter 2

“Swirltail, if you don't want to do thi-”

“Be quiet, Davina.”

Davina and a tall brown cat with brown swirls on him were in the secondary waiting room of the ambulatory care unit of the Catville Hospital. They had come to see Maine, who now had a broken leg.

Maine was very excited to see them.

Suddenly, a tall, white she-cat stepped out of one of the social service rooms. She walked down the hall, her jazz shoes tapping on the tile floor.

“Maine is in Examination Room 13,” the nurse cat meowed. “Follow me.”

Davina twitched her tail and got out of her seat, the brown tom at her paws. They arrived at a door, which the nurse cat opened and the two cats went in. With her broken leg tied up in an indigo-colored Ace bandage, Maine was sitting on the examination table.

“Good to see you,” she mewed.

“I brought some lemon Aquarius,” Davina meowed, handing Maine the cup.

Maine sipped some of it and set it on the table. She stood up and grabbed a pen off of the black stool. Then, she handed it to Davina, as if saying sign it.

With reluctance, Davina signed the Ace bandage and put the pen back on the desk.

“Do you like the drink?” the brown tom asked Maine.

“Of course, Swirltail,” Maine mewed.

Swirltail swished his tail proudly and grabbed Davina's arm. The two cats exited the examination room and walked down the hall back to the secondary waiting room.

Sparks was sitting in one of the seats, staring off into space. When she saw the two cats, she turned to them and waved. Davina swished her tail happily and bounded towards her friend Sparks.

“Maine's okay!” she mewed happily.

Chapter 3

Akianya stumbled into the waiting room. She seemed to be ill and coughing. Behind her was a tall, wise cat named Bluestar. Davina was in one of the waiting room chairs, taking a nap. She awoke when she saw the two cats approaching.

“Akianya has chemical blood disease,” Bluestar meowed softly.

It was true. Blood was trickling out of Akianya, especially on her stomach and the whole left arm.

“Where are you going?” Davina asked. “Can I come too?”

“We're going to the operating suite,” mewed Akianya, her voice cracked and dry.

“I must come,” Davina meowed.

Bluestar picked up Akianya and darted to the operating suite. Davina was in close pursuit, shouting the directions.

Finally, they arrived at the operating suite hall.

“Take her in, take her in!” mewed Bluestar desperately. “Help us!”

A white paw with light blue markings on it grabbed Akianya and threw her onto the operating table inside. Bluestar looked around her and then sat and wept on the blue and yellow tile floor.

“Bluestar, what happened?” Davina asked.

“The reason was not because she had a blood disease,” Bluestar wept. “I accidentally sliced those wounds open!”

She wept again and Davina realized when that was.

At the race! she thought. Bluestar must have jammed into Akianya while she was racing and clawed her.

“Goodbye,” Bluestar mewed, “I will see you later.”

With that, she fell to the floor and closed her eyes, either dead or fainted. Davina felt her chest and happily found out that she had fainted.


Chapter 4

The next morning, Davina grabbed a cup of citrus Fresca and headed out to the operating suite at the Catville Hospital. She was riding in Maine's silver Nissan Altima Coupe.

When Davina arrived, she headed straight into the recovery room.

She saw Akianya lying in one of the beds, her eyes glazed with lack of sleep. Davina gave her the citrus Fresca, and Akianya drank it all. She laughed with a crackly tone and looked up at Davina.

“If only every day were like this,” Akianya laughed. “Sitting in a bed with som' Fresca.”

“Hope you get better,” Davina mewed hopefully.

Suddenly, the same white nurse-cat came in with a clipboard. She scribbled some notes on the clipboard and walked over to Akianya.

“Feeling better?” she meowed.

“I'm ready to go to the ambulatory care unit and rest there,” Akianya mewed.

Akianya stumbled out of the recovery room and the nurse-cat sent her out the door with a bright green Ace bandage and an ortho-cane.

“What's your name?” the nurse-cat meowed.

“Davina,” mumbled Davina.

“Oh hi, my name's Sapphire,” the nurse-cat replied.

Davina nodded and looked behind her. She saw Maine walk into the operation room with a bleeding cast on her broken leg.

“Sapphire...what's that?” she asked nervously.

“Oh!” Sapphire mewed, jumping in surprise. “I'd better go tend to that.”

With that, she left the recovery room and darted into the operation room. Davina stood there, looking around. What had happened? she wondered. Then, a thought came to her mind:

Oh yeah. Bluestar.  

© 2008 Reese Applewood


Author's Note

Reese Applewood
I didn't write this, Sav did!!
They're cats, btw.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on August 17, 2008

Author

Reese Applewood
Reese Applewood

Somewhere (I'm not telling!)



About
I love to read and write. I also like advice on my writing, so this is the main reason I signed up. :) I love the Beatles so much so you might find some stuff about them. more..

Writing