Born Again

Born Again

A Chapter by James Reynolds

It was an epiphany. After three and a half decades of seeking the answer, it suddenly became known. I admit that I had been leaning heavily in that direction for a long time, virtually convinced and yet, could never proclaim it with absolute assurance. After that day I could. I don't remember what stimulus triggered the revelation that day, I only remember that one minute, like the millions of minutes that went before, I didn't know the answer and the next minute I did. I KNEW at that moment to my complete satisfaction, that there is no God; no Christian God, no Buddhist God, no Hindu God, no Greek or Roman God(s), no heaven, no hell, no absolute moral authority, no supernatural giver of reward and punishment, no spirits, no ghosts, no reincarnation, no Karma, no life after death.
Did my life change from that moment forward? Not in any obvious ways at first. There were no profound changes in my daily routine, or how I interacted with the rest of the world. I didn't shout it from the rooftops, figuratively speaking, like so many evangelicals do when struck by the opposite answer. But after so many years of searching for the answer, from that moment on, I've been able to live my life according to how I truly believe the way things are. And that is precisely why this quest began so many years ago...


© 2015 James Reynolds


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really interesting. I would be interested in knowing where you were exactly when you suddenly felt this way. How you began to see things differently, or behave differently as a result. I am also writing my own personal memoir, and would love it if you could take a few minutes to read and review a chapter from my book! Good luck with the rest of your writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


An interesting experience ... profound and deeply felt as part of the individual's quest. And its certainly a different perspective.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 18, 2015
Last Updated on November 18, 2015


Author

James Reynolds
James Reynolds

Mansfield, PA



About
Most of my writing now is autobiographical....read it and you will know me....of course, you can always message me as well! more..

Writing