-For the Audience

-For the Audience

A Story by Gigi
"

Some more heavy symbolism... stuff.

"
The Conductor walks to the podium and taps her baton
Lifts her arms
Stops 
Settles her hands down.

"Silly... Isn't it?"

Silence in this dim Theater. 

"I come to direct the same songs with the same flutes, pianos, and violins. 
Like my heart directs me down the same paths over and over. 
Starting strong
Establishing Rhythm
Climaxing 
Then Fading out.

My dearest Ladies and Gentlemen!
I feel that there may be a problem with tonight's orchestra. 
The one that you see before you doesn't have the right sheet music tonight. 
Maybe... this orchestra never really had it in the first place." 

The Conductor turns around to face the audience and slides down to sit on the side of the stage. 

"Where there should have been bold passion and strength, there was only a calming forgiveness. 
Where there should have been moments to keep you on your toes there were only moments of an awkward disposition. 

But all in all this Orchestra's feel... 
has always been inviting
patient
and indistinct at times. 

But I have heard others say that our Orchestra is eager to please!
So much in fact, that it is sloppy and can't decide in which way to go. 

-Essentially a bad performance. 

After years of this degrading publicity."

The Conductor stands up with a clenched fist.  

"I THE CONDUCTOR

Have decided to only give the audience that deserves to hear the charming performance that we have to offer the privilege of attending this euphony. 

How can I tell these audience members apart from the others. 

I'm not completely sure. 
But after all these years of watching the audience and my symphony, I have noticed some certain characteristics that give away the negative audience member. 

It is not the clothes that you wear
The amount of piercings 
Or even the average of words per second. 

It is the ones that take themselves to be above others, that put on airs to bring others down, the audience member that feels that they were forced to come along. 
This troupe aims to please. To bring enjoyment to all that came to find fulfillment. 

This band was made to guide-
 
The onlooker into a lighter state of mind
The spectator to tears
The lost soul into enlightenment."
The Conductor then turns around back to the podium. 


"To those who do not wish to feel a change in their world nor a moment of open-mindedness. Now would be a good time to leave."

The Conductor held her baton, and sunk her head down into her arms on the podium.  

-Only to reveal an empty Theater House and Stage.   

© 2011 Gigi


Author's Note

Gigi
I always loved to put my life in some sort of dark symbolic place. Really is this story about a conductor that has had enough of a certain type of audience member?

Or is it something to do with the girls that I have been having to deal with lately? Has their impatience and ego finally gotten to me?

Probably.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on August 30, 2011
Last Updated on August 30, 2011

Author

Gigi
Gigi

Traverse Town, CA



About
I tend to like to write a lot of erotica, romance, teen and poetry. Which I never would have expected. Welcome to this unexpected: more..

Writing
A stupid song A stupid song

A Poem by Gigi


My Poet Tree My Poet Tree

A Poem by Gigi