Signed, Sealed And Delivered

Signed, Sealed And Delivered

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

  

Hell hath no fury

For it is winning

The war on Earth.

The devil plays at will

With so many puppets

To choose from.

Nighttime is a joke

When humans make

For great sheep.

 

Watch Lucifer mock the sun
beneath a carcass with a mind

Turned to parchment paper

From reading to much

Celebrity gossip.

 

His grin shines like

the Northern Lights

as good people’s souls

melt under the glaring stupidity

of reality television

causing them to be lose sight

in the importance of humanity.

© 2013 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great write! Very well done! You relayed your emotions very well!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Maybe it's a choice of watching that stuff or turning your face to the wall - both numbs the senses! So many people love the so-called drama of reality television.. it's probably because they were bottle fed as babies or not allowed on the swings.. real life has passed them by? Maybe? Great piece of writing, it nudges the reader to think and that's what's missing when tv is pulling the strings.

'.. causing them to be lose sight ~ in the importance of humanity.' How true is that.. watching that type of programme means you don't have to get involved .. you're just an onlooker. Tis rather like looking at a monitor far too often .. and that could mean me - darn it, :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much for adding your insight... sorry for the delay, been traveling for work.
I find this brilliant because isn't that kinda what we do here on this site? reality tv, people and their dramas it's all right here, it doesn't get any higher definition than this, lol. Drama, comedy, thriller, horror, it's all spaghetti sauce, with our minds the projectors, enjoyed this write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much... you only get caught up in the drama if you choose too... glad you liked it.
love this, more and more we lose reality to "reality"

Posted 10 Years Ago


Playing with there phones... gota admit thirty years of crafted distraction worked ...
Good of you to keep it up... never get dumb ed down...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Perfectly said. I'm always frustrated when I see the things you speak of. Are people really that dumb and lost? I'll never understand it. Good topic and well said.

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

10 Years Ago

You would hope they weren't that dumb but ratings never lie.
Relic

10 Years Ago

Very true, and puzzling too.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dye
People can be mindless at times and easy to control. There are many more important things in life, yet we tend to get caught up in the drama. I try to find the balance, I am a reality show junkie but I also have a sense of what's real and what truly matters. Nicely penned, makes you "self evaluate" when you read something like this. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

10 Years Ago

Well at least you try to find balance... I see no value in those shows. Thanks for the review.
Dye

10 Years Ago

You are welcome. There is no value at all in those shows, I agree. Guilty pleasure I guess, a voye.. read more
loving your edgy social poems lately.. we have been dulled as a species into submission, cocooned into a belief that things are fine if you ignore them.. the devil only exists in our experiences.. but experiences are very real..well done..loved it

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

10 Years Ago

I like that about the devil and experiences... thank you.
Poetic Justice

10 Years Ago

always a pleasure.
I agree with the poem. Old Satan need little help. Man is aiming at a dead-end road. I hope it is not too late. Great description create good vision and thoughts. Thank you for the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

10 Years Ago

Thank you very kindly sir, just told it how it is, I wish it were different.
Holla! You have expressed the downfall of modern America perfectly, Dale!

good people’s souls
melt under the glaring stupidity
of reality television...

Brilliant! Reminds me of Jack Johnson's song "Good People".



Posted 10 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much, I just write it as I see it.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

645 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 20, 2013
Last Updated on October 20, 2013

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..