(Welcome) To God's House

(Welcome) To God's House

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

Pine needles

       Is the color of the walls,

The trunks are for support

And branches the shelter.

 

Here within nature’s house

       Lives the beauty of God.

Animals more civilized

       Than civilization,

A dirty ground

       Cleaner than most city streets,

And air fresher

       Than anything filtered into our homes.

 

So if you can’t see the forest

Full of trees,

That could be because

It is meant to be

Enjoyed from within

So we can experience what

God is really about.

 

© 2016 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I've always considered nature to be my favorite cathedral, but in your poem, you brought this idea to a new level of understanding. I like your specific explanation of the tree in the beginning. I LOVE the way you make comparisons between the organic ("dirty") surroundings outdoors, and the supposed cleanliness of inside places of worship. Last but not least, I really love the ending, with a play on "can't see the forest for the trees" and your delightful suggested remedy for that.

Posted 7 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

7 Years Ago

And I love your graciously flattering review... thank you so much. Glad you enjoyed it.
Yes .. read more
I have been in the grandest cathedrals...but no where do I feel closer to God..that the place you describe...the home He built for us to care for.. Oh it is grand as you say Cowboy!! ...and I wonder about the place Christ is preparing.. if has a bit of this beauty also.. I do hope so and the wonderful scents that clear our sinus and fills out lungs..... Love your poem and thoughts !

Posted 7 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

7 Years Ago

Thank you sis.... there is no greater place to be close to God as there is in nature.
Renée

7 Years Ago

I don't think so either.. ( :
Cowboy, I agree with KLG below, and really can't add anything to augment her advice, but...I have to tell you how beautifully you captured the essence of this woodsy setting. Very nicely done. I especially liked the stanza on the fresh air. Very pure and so true. Thank you for sharing this one.

Posted 7 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

7 Years Ago

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this poem. Glad you liked it.
Bright Ocean Star

7 Years Ago

sorry, I missed this response! You're welcome!
What a beautiful sentiment, and well said. I have only two minor corrections that might work for you -- either say pine needle, or take out the IS and leave it pine needles, and use filtering instead of filter, which is what I am sure you meant, but is easy to miss.

Posted 7 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much... yes I meant filtered... but Pine Needles is the color is how I meant it... it i.. read more
Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

I realize that -- Pine needles Is sounds a little awkward -- if you take out the Is and substitute I.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

556 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 7, 2016
Last Updated on June 7, 2016

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..