Comedy Or Tragedy

Comedy Or Tragedy

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

A rant about the stupid media attention stars get

"

 Starving for perfection

To claim that perfect role

Or sell out the show

And your stomach cries out

Entertainment or death!

Influential youth mimics

Thinking trends are cool.

Now the girls look like

Stick figures I drew

When I was their age.

Can’t you see that bone ain’t sexy,

Chriss Angel please bring Marilyn back to life!!”

 

Treating your kids

Like Raggedy Ann and Andy

Probably even throw’em

In a toy box at night.

Slung under your arm

Like the latest fashion accessory.

Seat belts are optional

As long as the photographers follow,

Did you forget you gave them names?

 

Money flows from

Hard working fans that adore

And all you can spend it on is blow.

Then you whine and blame the fame

On the stress of the spotlight,

Then step away and get a real job.

When will you get it through

Your eccentric skull

That doing lines is not

            THE GLAMOROUS LIFE

But a one way ticket to death.

 

Useless wars tread on

Homeless wander the streets

Children dying over a dollar

And what is THE HEADLINE for today

A dumb blonde can’t find her panties.

 

Who gives a f**k?

 

Focus people… for God’s sake

We elected an idiot President*

Cause we’re to wrapped up

In this electric circus to understand... HUMANITY, remember  that?

 

Sometimes I just have to laugh

            Although in reality there’s nothing funny about it!!

 

 

 

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


Author's Note

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
*Just remember when i wrote this Bush was in office and who I was referring too, i am happy with Obama being elected.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I will jump on the bandwagon here with you! Your expressions and feeling show quite nicely through your precisional piece here. I agree with all points on board. It wasn't too hard for the terrorists to train in the US when we all let our guard down and were watching some stupid TV show. It used to be where people got involved in their community. Now it's seeing who's on the front page at the grocery store check out. Excellent points and writing here. When is everyone going to wake up? Your writing begs for it. Good stuff here!

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Well, while I've got to disagree with you on Bush and Obama... though in all actuality I'd love to see all current politicians out on their selfish, selfserving, illogical, manical fannies so we could start all over 'cause we couldn't do much worse... I think this is a fantastic write. Straight to the point and ever so true.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I feel the same way on most of this, and agree with Liz on the agree to disagree part! But well done, curves are sexy,...sticks are firewood!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
jen
loved this... it echos what so many of us feel... it is easy to get caught up in the bubble of trend and glitz and distraction (guilty) we have so many streams coming at us at once... we do however have the choice to turn them off and think (as your wonderful piece demonstrates).... thanks for sharing! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bush is a f*****g idiot lol. Good job with this piece

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I absolutely agree with everything, but one and you know what that is. As friends we can agree to disagree on that one. lol You took the mic at the improv tonight and did a brilliant job. I say it that way because our idol worship and government all have become laughing matters. Stars that think they are untouchable for their stupidity, government officials that feel the same and the ordinary citizen that keeps feeding their money to these idiots, that laugh all the way to the bank with your hard earned cash. Anorxia and many illnesses are fueled by popular trends. You touched everything in a way that the attention is grabbed and held. You did a tremendous job with this and should be congratulated for all you said. Admire you for it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a great read to start the day off!! reaffirms what I beleive in. All points are so correct and makes you wonder exatly what the hell is fame? Is it worth the self-sacrificing they do? One of these pieces that makes me go Hmmmmmmm? Really enjoyed this wrtite, Cowboy!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

well lets all stand up and vote for DALE FOR PRESIEDENT!!!
you have strong views and are not ashamed or shy to say it!
I admire that about you, if we all that that power of speak
your mind in a dignified way maybe we not now would be heard?
but change this world for the way Lady Liberty satands!!


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thank you for the Author's Note, for I did raise an eyebrow when I read that line.

I really dig this rant, it touches on those very subjects which piss me off. Celebrities piss me off (mostly), but it's the ones who Capitalize of said celebrity's status that pisses me off the most. It's utterly and truly sickening.

Humanity is inhumane. And we seem comfortable, swimming in the shallow-end of the morality pool, with our possessions and social-circles flotation devices.

Thank you for this great piece. I have to say, I like your mind.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Laughing I fear is what keeps us all sane. These types of people are our children's role models. Scary thought! Sobering piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ohhh yeah, this is humorous but sad and sooo true!!! When TV was invented it was supposed to be a new source for real entertainment.. over the years they have lost censorship and just anything goes.. If you watch a program on TV today.. even Kids programming.. the commercial are loaded with crap.. news breaks.. you name it. We have had to really cut TV time down because my son is getting upset over alot of repetitive news and the violence. Who cares about some celebrity who was hosptialized or overdosed.. they should have privacy and we should just be able to watch a regular program or movie. Great writing, flow and honesty throughout your writing...thank you for sharing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2028 Views
73 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on February 9, 2008
Last Updated on September 2, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..