Mother In Heaven

Mother In Heaven

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

Dedicated to my Mom for mothers day- July 20, 1939-May 31, 2006- May she R.I.P.

"

Two years have nearly come and gone

since you were called upon to sing heaven’s song.

 

No matter how hard I try to fill the void

sometimes I still regret not being able to say goodbye.

 

Life now a days doesn’t always fill the same

without your smile to grace our sight.

 

Seems that I make more mistakes then before

or could it be you’re not here to say it will be ok.

 

Even accomplishments don’t ring with the same joy

maybe cause I can’t hear you say great job.

 

But I keep the faith in my future dreams

knowing you’re here giving spiritual support.

 

Though nothing takes away the pain of missing you

I know God is in good hands since you’ve earned your wings.

© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


Author's Note

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
This poem is my gift to my mother who passed away nearly two years ago and still dearly missed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

there was a time that I couldn't read poems like this. only this year was I able to read and review a poem about someone's mother. that poet actually talked me into writing about my mothers passing. so one I am happy I was able to enjoy this poem of yours as it shows I am healing after all these years. I also like that you wrote something so beautiful for your mother so soon after her passing. flow~

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This must be so close to your heart...I have no words.
I'll find some...who could ever replace mother in our lives...just as you've stated here how could the world be the same without her in it. I can't imagine and I don't want to.
Thank you for sharing this with us all.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i am sure your mom is looking down and smiling at you for this wonderful poem you wrote in her momory/honor....
beautiful

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Though nothing takes away the pain of missing you

I know God is in good hands since you've earned your wings." this closing stanza...is so sweet and such a wonderful tribute to one whom must have been a very loving mother! ~not just any one can be a mother, only ANGEL~ is what I have been told. I know you still feel the pain of your loss, but you must know she is watching over you with a smile upon her beautiful face and she will greet you at Heaven's gate. A lovely, touching poem, my dear friend. She would be proud of this fine gift!


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very beautiful. A wonderful tribute. No one can ever replace a Mother, they are the one true rock that we can cling to and our life boat to save us in the storm's. Never having any of that from mine, all I can say is that you may mis her, but you were so lucky to have her. An emotional read for a special relationship. Remember the laughter through the pain and live for the happy memories you had together. XX

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is beautifull and took great courage to write. I think very few can relate to losing someone so close to you. Never forget she is the voiat whispers in the wind, holds you in your darkness and sorrow and celebrates your victories as if she never left. Sometimes you will smell her or feel like someone is with you who cares. She will always be with and waits for you , missing you as much as you miss her. Blessed be in light and love.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Dale! I heard you read this last night on the blog radio. This is so beautiful. My mother passed in 2000...however, as you know our relationship was anything but to be celebrated. I know she heard you read it and I know if there be tears in heaven, she shed them for the beauty of this poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Cowboy - This poem shows another side to you that I knew was there, but was not revealed until now.

This is a beautiful tribute to your mother. She was lucky to have a son like you and you were clearly blessed to have a mother that you loved so much.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Man, I'm too emotional to read such a touching piece. This was pure tribute. Beautiful. Rain..

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

A lovely poem. I too lost my mom, dad, husband, and recently my son...it always hurts. This is quite beautiful a tribute to your mother. many prayers to you Thank you for sharing, debileah

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I wish I could have heard you read this on the radio Dale. Though maybe not, since it hurts me that you hurt.

We will all go home someday, and when we do our loved ones who went before us will be there waiting. Until then, they left us with their memory so we won't get too lonely down here. The thing about saying goodbye is .... we aren't suppose to ... because it isn't.


This is such a beautiful tribute to your mom. She must have been a wonderful woman to have raised such a kind and gentle spirit as you.




Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

579 Views
40 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 9, 2008
Last Updated on May 9, 2008

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing