Emotional Storm

Emotional Storm

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

  

It started so simple

a nice off-shore breeze

instilling an internal serenity

within my wide-open soul.

 

Who knew it could have turned

into something so destructive

to do more damage than good.

 

The winds became so strong

blowing my emotions around

like a rag doll in an old junk yard

leaving them tattered and torn.

 

The thunder cracked so hard

it shook the very foundation of my heart

opening cracks once sealed tight

and making them bigger than ever.

 

Then came the lightning

striking a hole in my soul so deep

it made the Grand Canyon

Look like a simple pothole.

 

It’s so hard to believe

that such a beautiful tropical breeze

could turn into a hurricane

that blew away part of me

I can never get back.

© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A loving soul such as yours never deserves to know the heart ache you have had to endure, that I have been witness in the time I have known you. You are as pure goodness as I have seen. You truly care about people and you are never afraid to let people to know you care. You are a hero to me in so many ways. Never lose that love you have my friend.


Great Job!!!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Dale, I hope this is just a poem and not what you are truely feeling and if you are, you did a great job of expressing yourself, the ripping out of a mans spirit is too often something us romantics have to swallow and our ego sometimes gets tangled into the equation, either way we suffer loss. The third stanza was just perfect and my favorite, it tells it all. Great job Dale.
Tony

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 4 people found this review constructive.

I actually think it would be better if the second stanza were cut. It would help with the flow and style, I think. Also, watch your tenses - they change between present and past and I don't think they should. Otherwise, I thoroughly enjoyed the poem. Thank you for sharing it with us. As always, keep writing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 4 people found this review constructive.

This saddens my heart. Beautifully written my friend. "It's so hard to believe that such beautiful tropical breeze
could turn into a hurricane that blew away part of me I can never get back." Love does this, life does this...thanks for sharing...I loved it once again!

Janice Ann

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Great metaphor and you used it from every possible angle. My favorite...can relate my friend.

Then comes the lightning
striking a hole in my soul so deep
it makes the Grand Canyon
Look like a simple pothole.

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 5 people found this review constructive.

"Who (k)new it could have turned/ into something so destructive/ to do more damage then good." Maybe?

"blowing my emotions around/ like a rag doll in a old junk yard" -> Goddess that image is so powerful it almost blew me away! I loved it Dale!
The whole piece struck me like a lightning bolt and pulled me nicely along with it in the depths of this great piece! Such depth and beauty is so hard to find in today's poetry. It almost makes me sad, but then something of this proportion comes along and it makes me smile and sit back, and re-read the piece four or eight times in order to absorb its beauty down to its very essence. It left me speechless and breathless, and by the third read I found the words to sum up how much I love this piece!
Always a devoted fan,
Laura*

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Life and love will do that to you. Good take on it. Well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 4 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

447 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 30, 2008
Last Updated on July 1, 2008

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing