Remember The Moon

Remember The Moon

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

an ode to friendship

"

  

When the light of day

Feels like a distant memory

And the sun feels like a friend

Who disappeared

When times got tough.

 

Just remember…

The dark sky

Is full of a millions stars

Like halos of loved ones remembered

To remind you

There is life after death

And you’re never alone.

 

So never fear the dark

For remember the moon

Is always watching over you

Like the savior

Showing faith in your inner strength.

 

Please remember

That even when the sun seams to set

On life’s bounty

I will be there

Among those halos and savior

Giving more friendship and support

Then the galaxy can hold.

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


Author's Note

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
I wrote this for a friend(Joanie) who's family is now dealing with hard situation but it is also an ode to what real friendship should be about, being there no matter what.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this was perfect,, you really are such a great friend to me, you say how you deserved a friendship from me? but when all the while you have been such a great friend to me in return.. I will be hitting some major things in my life to come, so I may have to lean on the ones I care most for support!! it feels so good to know that i have that in you!!! thank you so much, I you know I will always be there too.. thanks again,, I am honored..

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i really liked it i dont have to fear the dark anymore cause i really felt that all the people that died ad that always wanted to drag me down are no longer there i really enjoy the comfort thanks



Posted 14 Years Ago


This is beautiful and what a wonderful tribute to the meaning of friendship. We are all very fortunate to count on you as a friend.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Dale, this is so beautiful as all your writing does.
From your writings it is plain to see that you are a person of profound caring.
And you have enough creative energy to bring forth into your physical reality
the beauty you contain within.
You are a true friend and show it in your beautiful work. Joanie must be very proud to have you for a friend.
Friends like you are so hard to find and worth more than gold.
This gem goes into my favorites.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is a very beautiful tribute to Joanie i love it and I'm sure she did as well. Comparing friendship to the moon was a great idea. Both such beautiful things. Such a wonderful write!!!

Voice


Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

You have many sides to you and all of them are always full of love for others. Keeping letting your heart lead you it reflects well in your poetry. This write reminds me of an African tradition concerning our ancestors watching over us from the stars above~

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh Dale, this is simple so beautiful. A wonderful tribute that tells the true meaning of friendship. Nicely expressed.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
Such a heart felt tribute to a friend, Dale. A Fine display of emotion and sentiment concerning friendship, and what it is suppose to mean. A friend is one who is willing to be there no matter what the day brings. Whether it be sunshine or rain. Once again, you have showcased a Talented piece of art!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Just remember�

The dark sky

Is full of a millions stars

Like halos of loved ones remembered

What a beautiful start to a stanza.
A great poem about friendship. It warms my heart.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is beautiful and so endearing of you to do so...AD

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

What a beautiful tribute to a friendship with another great poetess.. great meaning and flow of emotional sentiment shared for another that truly touches so many out here with her writing! My best to Joanie (Sandy Beaches) and her family situation.. wish them all the best and a prayer goes out as well in such hard times. There is truly nothing nicer than that of a written statement coming from another wonderful soul of a writer.. that is truly what makes this site unique and remarkable. Thank you so very much for sharing this! =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

640 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on July 14, 2009
Last Updated on July 14, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..