Purple Moon

Purple Moon

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

The power of love can be equated to the power of the moon's gravitational pull on earth, unstoppable.

"

  

Under the beautiful glow

Of this purple moon

I can see a future full of

Radiant love and tenderness.

 

Mesmerized by it’s magnetic passion

And raw poetic soul

I am blissfully pulled closer

With no desire to resist.

 

Even during lunar eclipses

And cloudy nights

The connection cannot be broken

To the moon’s devoted embrace.

 

Through gale force winds

And torrential downpours

The lunar light will always

Guide and protect me.

 

I in kind will faithfully

Cherish all the wonders

That the smiling face offers me

Not asking for a reflection in return.

 

From this day forth I will never hide

In shadows and holes

That her glow could never find.

 

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Such a beautiful tribute to the moon.. it's been admired for thousands of years for it's mystic beauty.. it's spiritual power.. and provides solace to lonely souls and lovers alike.. I really loved the depth of this one.. You have such a way with words ... and in any weather this moon shall be there for you like that guardian angel hovering overhead lighting your way even when you pay it no attention. I also felt a sense of renewed passion through your ending.. as though you lost this great friend and found her again.. her light filling your soul with solace and life:

From this day forth I will never hide
In shadows and holes
That her glow could never find

Finding love in the elements we are lucky to have around us.. the moon is certainly a dependable and worthy love.. as well as the sun.. the water.. the air we breathe that flows with aromas.. the flowers.. trees.. everything we wake up to that surrounds us daily can be upheld in so many ways.. it will not fail us. I could keep going on that.. but will not.. lol.. really enjoyed the wisdom and strength that comes from this! =)



Posted 14 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Beautiful. ^_^ I can relate with this, and it really makes me think of the things I'm going through right now. :D Great job! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

A Beautiful Write!!! I love how you equated the moon's gravitational pull to love!! It's Absolutely Captivating!

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I love how you equated love to the magnetic pull of the moon. This whole write is so soulfully enchanting.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is an excellent poem. The colors of the night awaken the sky and shelter those creatures lost in the darkness. You've captured the magic of moonbeams � the magnetic passions and poetic soul. Beautifully done � this one goes to the head of the class.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Your words flow perfectly, expressing such a beautiful devotion to the moon and her magic. There is a profound sense of faithfulness to the one who guides the night sky. Enchanted work in every way.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This is a fantastic one CB. I love the passion and excitement involved here. One can only wonder when they gaze at the moon each night, what exactly is happening all over the world at that specific moment....such marvel has not to be ignored...and your awareness has captured just this. Can I ask if the Meteor showers made this wonderful poem come alive ?? Thanks so much for sharing...and it's popping straight in to my favs.
Babsie Bee xx

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This is wonderful. I've always felt alive with the light of the moon.
True love (like the moon) can never hide, nor fade away.

Of course purple is my favorite color, so you had me at purple..lol

Have a great weekend to come!

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

this was sooooo beautiful.. I am in aww of this poem
this is new?? what a positive expression of emotions you
had flowing through it,, wonderful Dale, great job

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
What a Beautiful, and Wonderful comparative poetic piece, Dale. It is all too true that love is very much like the moon, as you have made the comparison thereof. Once it's gravitational pull takes a hold on one, there's no escaping. Your pen drips with fluent strokes of genius! Keep up the most Excellent works of art, my friend!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow, i loved it. i always loved the moon too, its somber yet mesmerizing glow. i love how you compare a woman to a purple moon, not just any old moon, ut one with color and life. goreous picture, a great read for sure.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3548 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 10 Libraries
Added on August 13, 2009
Last Updated on August 14, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..