Defining Moment

Defining Moment

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

Life is full of surprising moments that can teach us so much.

"

  

It only took a moment in time

Of no communication between us

For me to realize

Silence isn’t golden when it comes to you.

Then the day you returned

With a few simple words

Was when I knew that period of deafness

Was the closet I had ever come to hell on Earth.

It finally was clear as a blue sky      

That life is a permanent midnight

Without you near.

I Faced a fear I never knew

Existed,

Though to face it again

Would most certainly

Scare me to death.

I know now I was a blind man without

A cane,

But it is said that hindsight is

Twenty-twenty

And now so are the chambers to my heart

Where you flow like fine wine.

Hard to believe it took

Time without to define what you mean to me.

Who knew just how much you could learn

When nothing is said at all.

 

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Time without to define what you mean to me.

Who knew just how much you could learn

When nothing is said at all.


C`est la vie~ days speak and years teach~ I like the part of the blind man without a cane
I think many can relate to that as we all may not know our indepth feelings at the right
time~ and indeed hindsight becomes 20/20, a most defining moment, so very, very true.

Well DonE!!


Posted 14 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Honest communication a nessecary to have any healthy relationship. You have shown how important this,and trust is. Lessons learned seem always the hardest to go through, but you as you said,
hindsight is truely 20/20! Another great write! ~ Jude :-)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was a really great heartfelt piece. Oh the things we look back on and wished were different. We sometimes only gain clarity after the fact. Very brilliant piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

"Who knew just how much you could learn

When nothing is said at all.'
you summed it all up in this tiny verse... There is more to just words, and silence can be hell or can be your savior. 20/20 insight at the worst moment of your life... well I think we've all been there and bought the t-shirt. With your words, you take apart the very heart of the civilization of this world, and eloquently(don't have sp check next to me) put it into words with passion and force. There is a lesson in all your work you have written. One of insight, compassion for one another and the bravery to go on. Shakespear would have loved your work, as he was one to be known as "Knowledge of Relationships" and of the soul.

I am proud to say you are my friend and when you get published, I hope you remember me. KS



Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Magnificent! I'm feeling this piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Again, you really have a strong (masculine) rooted way of explaining things. I love it, because it's so sensitive and caring and yet doesn't lose any thunder. These three lines struck a fire for me: "It finally was clear as a blue sky / That life is a permanent midnight / Without you near." That is the fine work of a winning love ballad there within itself. I'm a fan of your work always!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

It is true that when are communicating with someone and then there is a sudden silence, we question what has caused this pause.....so often it is not intentional, but happens, and then we are left trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together!

You have expressed this feeling, presented the questions so wonderfully that it is going to make me more aware of how it may seem to another when I don't take the time to continue to stay in touch with the very special people in my life...even it is is just a quick "HELLO" to let them know that I am still thinking of them!

THANK YOU FOR THAT REMINDER!! You have just too many wonderful lines in this to pick a favorite one...but....

so now are the chambers to my heart
where you flow like red wine...are two amazing and beautiful lines!!

WONDERFUL WRITE MY FRIEND!!




Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Some really bold imagery here...
"That life is a permanent midnight
Without you near." loved loved loved that line.
I am not sure how I feel about the title...I think it might need something else... but I am at a loss to as of what.
A great way to define the saying 'You don't know what you got 'till it's gone."

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
It's always what is not said that rings the loudest in our hearts and ears. We are in a constant state of replay...recalling what we could and/or should have done. Excellent piece, as always!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow... this is quite a complicated mix.. I mean it's simple yet complex in finding a solution. Hindsight is in fact 20/20.. we do not know what we have until it's truly gone.. this portrayed that brilliantly! Loved the flow of honesty.. finding an appreciation in someone who you didn't realize had impact so great.. until the silence but the defining moment was hearing their words again.. flooding your senses with that missing meaning.. a blind man without a cane offered a moments eyesight to see again... and how he did see things upon that moment.

I loved the story that flowed through this.. I could feel the sincere lesson that we have all learned over the course of time.. silence truly can be golden.. permanent silence is not.. the key is balance. Listening, learning, hearing, seeing and feeling things around us.. taking a few "moments" in silence .. but then understanding that the noise we truly love brings us so much in life.. music... words.. feelings.. breathing passion into our still hearts. I loved every aspect of this freestyle write.. it is a reflection of a talented and passionate writer I admire! =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is just lovely! I wish i had something more to add beyond the other reviews here already, but i just have to agree with all of them!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

827 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 19, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..