The Elements Of War

The Elements Of War

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

just a little something that came to mind

"

 

Gods of War rule the sky with thundering agendas

Causing cracks in the floor of heaven

That brings on the lightening quick missiles

That scorches the innocents of mother earth.

Thankfully there are plenty of angels,

Many from the battle itself,

To cool her surface with their tears.

Still the scars will forever burn

In the core of a billion hearts.

 

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Another wonderful piece. I really enjoyed this, especially the lines:
"To cool her surface with their tears.
Still the scars will forever burn"
I like the metaphor you have used here.
War causing pain, innocents being killed, angels aka soldiers trying to take care of things, the damage will already be done though. Atleast that is what I'm getting from it. Love it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

this is a very well written poem... i love it...

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very well written piece. I love the angel tears metaphor that was truly a beautiful line. This was well written and can see the hope in this piece. Excellent job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I liked the powerful imagery in this. From the start it was really strong, reminded me of Zues hurling lightening bolts down on mortals for fun.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very cool! Man's blight upon this world is never ending.......but one day it will end.......and He will destroy all those who destroy the earth! The book of Revelation.

Posted 14 Years Ago


The wars that create the angels whose tears cool the earth as they cry, because we just can't seem to get it right that war should not be the answer to every disagreement. How many of these angels fought a courageous battle that they would have gladly sat out? Politics and wars the things that create angels and their everflowing rain of tears. Great poetic work of the travesty of loss that mankind keeps fueling with his greed and anger.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This writing is truly fluid and a multi-faceted metaphor.. the angels can stand for the soldiers or even the guardians in this world who fight so many other types of wars for our children ..such as a counsellor, teacher, parents and even our divine artists that so cool the earth through music, painting and so many other forms of art that cool the surface with their tears! Even our doctors battle so many illnesses and many nurses and aides bring comfort in the forms of angels to those who truly suffer so many different types of illnesses today.

I liked the style and with those "scars that forever burn in the core of a billion hearts" what a hard hitting line.. may we learn to overcome that grief.. strive and rise through all the bitter winds that are so true to life... this has much sadness in the undertones.. but it's beautifullly done and touching!


Posted 14 Years Ago


Nicely presented and very touching. I take it you refer to our dead veterans of war as the angels of our planet?? not sure though. Nice work even if I'm wrong. Smiles M.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow...I love this:

Thankfully there are plenty of angels,
Many from the battle itself,
To cool her surface with their tears.

You never cease to serve up the very best tasty treats! Thanks for making me look at a storm differently. Excellent job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

this was a bitter sweet poem
yes, we have many angels spawned from
a horrific war. this was beautiful and heartbreaking
all in one.. great tribute!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Yes, Dale..............sigh........

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

351 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 9, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Demented Demented

A Poem by Jason