Cut Throat Education

Cut Throat Education

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

  

Fresh blood dripping

From glistening wolf fangs

Is the wisdom

Of a thousand generations

Yet remains a secret

Of an unopened book.

The copyright philosophy

Saturates the knowledge

Till all meaning

Is watered down

And education drowns

Freedom of speech.

So the myth lives on

In the heart of the masses

It is easier to believe

Than learning

What really hunts the mind

And devours the heart.

© 2011 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This poem speaks volumes about "us" as a society. Intelligence is a great power to have and so is freedom of speech but you are right. Do we really truly still have freedom of speech or is it just a fictional tale that we believe we still have fully. This is an eye opening thought provoking poem .

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

excellent poem. so intellecutaul, great metaphors. very visual, greaqt poem all around. i love your writing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your words are incredible! Truth of the matter: we've been manipulated for years .. told what we should or not do and think, toyed with and desentised to what goes on.

Thinkers of the world unite .. hear, read, discuss both sides .. discover truth for self cos it's there waiting to be find, it means delving deeper - suspicion about facts isn't wrong, isn't weak .. it's the every-man strength to turn things around. We live and have lived in a world of control freaks, because knowledge is power and the ordinary man and woman isn't supposed to have that power - it's for the few arrogant so and sos who sit up there pulling the strings!

Sorry, vent over ..

I agree so much with you, it hurts: 'So the myth lives on .. In the heart of the masses ..
For it is easier to believe .. Than learning .. What really hunts the mind .. And devours the heart. '


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Backed into this poem while looking through others in a comtest. I like the contest entry and this one enough to become a regular reader. The juxtaposition of blood on wolf fangs and wisdom is masterful. No wasted words in this poem - that alone adds immeasurably to its quality. Very good writing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


So much of the written word has been twisted in our culture. Man has no qualms in changing history, from rewriting the Bible,. tampering with government documents and even rewriting the scientific data to suit the scientists own purpose. One word can be discreetly changed and it will alter the whole meaning of what is being said. The written word use to be sacred but now it is "allowable" to change the writings and meanings of our ancestors and literary predecessors. We gullibly fall into the falsehoods of the information highway. Some find it easier to believe what is written down, rather than search for the truth. Things are hidden from the public and we fail to demand that the truth be told. Like a ravenous wolf they stand guard over the secrets that would release society from the chains in which they are bound by beaurocracy. Deep and thought provoking writing of the pivotal point for humankind that they continually ignore, "you cannot believe everything that you read. Think for yourself."

Posted 14 Years Ago


I totally understand what you are saying....how people change the history books, and put only what they want us to know in them...and brainwash us to believe how they want us to, programming the masses till we all dont even bother to contemplate deeper subjects, we wait until we're told what we think by the higher authorities...

Great job pointing out the plague we're subjecting the generations to!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

can it get any better than this?? Hell no!!!

I sat up and looked at this, I mean rwally looked. Wow Cowboy, this was an eye-opener for sure.. Our inner voice, heck we all need to listen to it, maybe then our lives will be different.. There is so many thoughts/lines in this that I would have to copy the whole thing to say what each made me feel. I read everyones reply and can only say Ditto for all.
This was fantastic and is going in my fav list, for no piece has touched me as deeply as this one did!

Mags xx

Posted 14 Years Ago


Reading your poem, Dale, is capulation of the past 100 years here in the Western world. Industries reaction to every new introduction of technology, has been to block the flow of information. When the public flocks to the "latest" and "greatest" thing to be introduce in history. Never realizing something so simple as a printed book can be so powerful. Never needs to be updated, because it runs too slow. Did i mentioned, it can't be magnetically erased, fried or dependant on electricity to operate.

Sorry, but i disagree with you, Lisette. Anybody who has been properly trained in the researching of information, knows you never accept a single source. You always, find more sources to back up your thesis that you are trying to prove. And this is back in the days of card catalogs. Talk about a pain in the royal backside.

Thank you for sharing this interesting and thought provoking poem with us.

Posted 14 Years Ago


What a fabulously terrifying portrayal of educating the "status quo". Do not question what we teach you...just regurtitate it when we ask. You must all become one ingorant voice. Reminds me of Pink Floyd's "The Wall". A cry out to think, to reason, to create, to imagine. To reach out and take hold of the truths that, though they may be ugly, will lead us to salvation.

Excellent piece, Dale.

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
You've penned one that will make the reader stop and think long, and hard. Whether they like it or not.

"For it is easier to believe
Than learning
What really hunts the mind
And devours the heart."

These are my favorite lines, Dale. Yes, so much profound truth resonates from within this. It is always easier to believe, right or wrong than to learn truth. But if we believe in truth itself, than it becomes a much easier task of little notice, as to being a burden. Outstanding!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is an excellent call to self-empowerment. You do agreat job of educating the reader on the importance of following own own inner voice. Really a fine piece here my friend!!
Two thumbs up!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1437 Views
38 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on November 24, 2009
Last Updated on January 14, 2011

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..